Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2018 at 3:18 PM
Default How to placing windows above another windows without floor terrain
I want to create a big infinity pool, and I just don't know how to place windows above another one without floor terrain. Is there any cheats? I tried moveobjects on but not working

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...creenshot-5.jpg

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...creenshot-6.jpg
Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 13th May 2018 at 6:19 PM
You have to have something there while building, then you can remove it later. I used to have a supportwall off the window-wall about 1 tile. If the window-wall leans too close to it, you give yourself more trouble when you remove the wall later.

Be aware though, an infinitypool is great fun and looks great, but it sinks to a pools default height very easily.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2018 at 11:21 AM
@volvenom where is the supportwall locate? You mean the wall column? I've had place the column inside the pool to support the window above of it, but didn't work. So, I should put the column for place the windows before I create the pool?
dodgy builder
#4 Old 14th May 2018 at 11:25 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 14th May 2018 at 1:03 PM.
Sorry, I think I may have misunderstood. You can't have 2 windows on the same wall. You need 2 floors for that, or a higher window. You might want to use cheats though, like cfe or constrainfloorelevation. It will give you floorlevels where you need them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2018 at 12:44 PM
Oh I see, no problem. what is floorlevels for?,thanks for helping me
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:30 PM
dodgy builder
#7 Old 17th May 2018 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ancort
Oh I see, no problem. what is floorlevels for?,thanks for helping me

@ancort Floorlevels are there to make sure the game knows where people are at any given time. A sim on the first floor cannot be on the second floor at the same time, or in that case in the attic when you specifically told the game to send the sim to the main floor kitchen.