Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 7:23 PM
Beginner at Sim PE needs help!
Hello everyone! My name is godzillachild and I am in the process of learning how to mod my game. I am having some trouble with Sim PE.
I would like to know how to simply export something I make into the game, because when i try it either doesn't work or it shows a maxis made version with a custom symbol on it, instead of what i made. I would also like to know how to preview what i make. Can anyone help?
Thank you,
Godzillachild

PS- I have read the tutorials on this site and I still can't figure it out.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 7:24 PM
You can either reply or email me at [email protected]
Site Helper
#3 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 1:45 AM
I think that no one's answered because it's not clear what you're doing. Perhaps if you could give us some additional information.

What is it that you're making? A lot? A sim? Clothing? Wall coverings?

How are you making this thing? BodyShop? Homecrafter? Playing the Sims 2 itself?

If you're following a tutorial, it might help if you gave us a link. If you don't know how to describe things, you can take screenshots and attach them to your post.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 7:06 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Object_Workshop
I am using Sim PE. (I know it says a lamp in the tutorial, but I am trying to recolor a bed). I am having trouble because what I make does not show up in the game. What happens is that instead of what i made, what appears in the buy mode is just a maxis item (though it has a little custom flower on it). That's what i meant by "export to game". I'm sorry if i'm not being clear, this is my first time doing this and i'm not good at explaining things in general
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 9:54 PM
That tutorial is pretty straightforward and easy to follow. Sometimes the programs used in older tutorials are old versions and the screenshots look totally different, making the tutorial harder to follow. But not this one. From what you describe, it sounds like your recolor is somehow replacing the mesh. Are you positive that you're selecting "recolor" and not "clone"? Screenshots of what you're doing and what you see in the catalog in game would be helpful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 10:46 PM
I am positive I am not selecting clone. Maybe I am saving the package to the wrong file? I have been saving it in the Downloads folder so far, but is there somewhere else i should save it to? And how do i stop replacing the mesh, if that's what i'm doing?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 12:08 AM
Saving it to your downloads folder is fine, although some people make a project folder and move it from there. If you're positive you're not selecting clone I really don't know how your package could be replacing the game mesh.. this is when screenshots come in handy.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 12:28 AM
There are only two option: Clone or Recolor. You cannot save the package incorrectly.

Does your object create a new instance in the catalog with the custom * on it? If yes, you are cloning.

Does your object create another recolor thumbnail on the original Maxis item with the custom * on it? If yes, then you have created a recolor.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 12:16 AM
Here is a screenshot
Screenshots
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#10 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 1:00 AM
Ah, you're doing bedding recolors. The reason your recolors aren't showing up is that you need to recolor the bedding of the Colonial Ironwood bed. The bedding from that bed is more or less a master repository for all bedding. TUTORIAL - there are links to templates in the tutorial. I've never used them so I'm not sure how easy they are to use.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 10:27 PM
Oh, okay. So there's a seperate way to recolor everything. I've tried to recolor things the same way you would in bodyshop, butt I'm guessing for objects its a bit more involved. Thank you all so much for helping me!