Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:28 PM
Default Question on CAS Sliders?
We have the most awesome modding community here. I can't begin to say how much we appreciate your work.

I have downloaded Awesome mod which I believe tweaked the sliders in CAS so that they would have greater range. (I would hate to have seen the range before the download).For that reason I did not download the Delphi tweak.

I made Barack Obama but was intensely frustrated when I could not get his mouth wide enough to look really like him.

My questions are: can I download Delphi's tweak as well?
Is there any way in CAS to do something to increase the range of the sliders?
Can slider's be added to the ones already there?

One I am desperate for is the one to elongate the eyes which you could do in body shop. For the life of me I can't work out why they omitted that slider. And of course the eyebrow sliders need a thickener. EA - *throws eyes to heaven* Why do they make it more difficult for us?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:33 PM
I don't think the Awesomemod's sliders are enabled by default. You will have to enable them. Check MATY for instructions.

You -cannot- use both Delphy and Rick's slider hack with Awesomemod. They conflict.

Sliders may be addable eventually but there is no slider adding yet.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:33 PM
You can't have both the Awesomemod and my CAS sliders in your game at the same time. They will conflict (as it notes in the thread).

More sliders are technically possible (and I have, indeed, done this in testing), but until we can link them to new facial and body blend units, we are limited only to slidering what EA have given us so far.

The ability to add new sliders, btw, is actually better than it was in TS2 / Bodyshop, because there you can't add any new ones at all. So, it's not really more difficult, just different.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:00 PM
By default the AwesomeMod doesnt increase the range of the CAS sliders. In the configuration, you can also modify how much it expands the range (I believe it goes from 2x-5x).
Inventor
#5 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:33 PM
ooooh, hearing about the possibility of more sliders in CAS has me really excited! I can't believe EA would do that to us! They gave us sliders we didn't have with bodyshop then they take away important ones we did have! WTF!?

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Instructor
#6 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:58 PM
Go here to create a configuration file for AwesomeMod that will allow you to choose how far the sliders are able to stretch, among many other options: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php It will let you save a file to your disk, which you then place in the same folder as AwesomeMod.
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:57 PM
Audrey, I've said this on a couple of threads. You don't need to have all of awesome mod anymore. Go back to the site and choose the congigure page where you can choose which parts you want. Just elect not to have the CAS sliders from awesome mod in your game and download Delphy's.

HP, I think this stems from when awesome mod first went up and people took it as a whole. At the start you couldn't download parts of it. I didn't take it at all until I could choose what I wanted. Some folks just don't know you can pick and choose from it now.
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
Just elect not to have the CAS sliders from awesome mod in your game and download Delphy's.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that no matter which parts of awesomemod you activate, it will STILL conflict with any other "core" mod, including Rick's sliders.

Pescado's configuration settings enable or disable features of his mod, but they don't resolve the "highlander rule" issue. That's based on the fact that all these mods replace the same massive game file; obviously, only one version can be active at once.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#9 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:35 AM
Srikandi is correct. The configuration options for awesomemod 'hide' different parts of Pescado's hack, but all the files are still the same. Unless explicitly stated otherwise you can only have one core mod in your game at any one time.