Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 10:02 PM
How to make Default Skins and Eyes
I was wondering how you can make "Default Skins" and "Default Eyes" in TS3. I have seen both replacement eyes and skin for TS3 (Mind the quality wasn't that great). Does anyone know how to do it, or how they did it? I know I can make the Sims look FAR more realistic with even some of the skins and eyes from TS2. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You. :D

If you have a request please explain it thoroughly! (At least one and a half paragraphs & supply the needed pictures / meshes, or else I will throw it away without looking at it and I will not "PM" you that I will not do it.)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:07 PM
I think the best method is to use S3PI and first extract everything from Fullbuild2.package into some folder.

Then use can use the windows file search to find files for example with "eye" and look into them (but you probably have to change the file extension to dds first). Then edit it if nessesary and reimport it into a new package.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:12 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=345670

Just use the files and instances I posted there. No need to extract and search.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Upgraded_Dragon_Hacker
(Mind the quality wasn't that great).

LOL, nice thing to say considering the makers are right here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:55 PM
Thanks HP, your always a life saver. I hope no one took offense to my reference to quality,I didn't mean it that way.

If you have a request please explain it thoroughly! (At least one and a half paragraphs & supply the needed pictures / meshes, or else I will throw it away without looking at it and I will not "PM" you that I will not do it.)
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Just use the files and instances I posted there. No need to extract and search.

This is very nice, and thanks for that, but if you want to replace other things, you need my approach. For example if you want to replace the freckles and moles or any other texture. Or if you want to replace the bumpmap, too, which I will for the skintone I'm working on.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:08 PM
Yep, of course for other things you'll need to search, but I figured I'd grab out the basics for folks so they wouldn't have to, since I have all of FullBuild2 extracted to one giant uber-folder of doom (that I've then organized nice and neatly into subfolders)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 10:52 PM Last edited by Miniie : 6th Jul 2009 at 5:38 AM.
Does S3PE work to make packages as well?
Nvm it does