Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 8:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Help plz
im sure im probably putting this in the wrong section but i downloaded a mod for the sims 3 but i dont want it in my game anymore and i have no idea how to get it out of the game can someone please tell me how to remove mods from the sims 3??

Again sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

I dont know. :p
Advertisement
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#2 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 9:46 PM
Certainly Cassie. The easiest way is to right click your sims 3 shortcut on your desktop. Click properties, then open file location. now navigate to the folder "the sims 3" (C:\program files\electronic arts\the sims 3\) You should see a folder named Mods. inside that folder is one called packages. that is where your mod files should be. Simply find the mod package you do not want anymore and delete it.
Hope this helps.

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 11:44 PM
Moving to Game Help.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 1:49 AM
wintermuteai1 i tried doing what you said but when i went there there was no mod folder i tried uninstalling the sims 3 and reinstalling but the mod was still there. if it helps any the mod i downloaded was Rick & Delphy's CAS slider hack
i have no idea how to get it out of my game can anyone help?

Tentacle Of Righteousness
#5 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 3:41 AM
Hrmm...Well theoretically if you have no mods/packages folder how then can the mod be having an effect? Delphy?

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:04 AM
Try deleting the scriptCache.package in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - perhaps it's cached in there.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:46 AM
i tried deleting the scriptCache.package but everytime i go into the game it reappears and the mod is still in there and i dont know how it got into my game if i need the mod folder but its in there cause the sliders go really far so if i go to to much to one side my sim looks like a skeleton and even though i liked the mod i kinda want normal looking sims now. But i dont know what to do i deleted the download off my computer and i even uninstalled the sims 3 and re-installed it and the mod was still on there i can't find where the mod is on my computer :\