Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:44 AM
Default Replacing a Sim?
So i've made a Sim, and played her out like any other sim..

Today i ended up making a much cuter version of the same sim in CAS, and now i'm kinda bummed that i have this "Ugly" version running around.. I was wondering if i could play around with some files to tell the game to use That sims instead of This sim in the story mode.. Or would that be out of the question?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 1:26 PM
seems you need SimPE which isn't out for sims 3 yet. Can't you just start another game with your new sims but have her have all the same traits, etc as the first one?
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:30 PM
Or you can use Pescado's Awesome Mod, which allows the editme command from the console, thus letting you to modify your story sim without having to start from scratch with the new one.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:48 PM
Do this:
have the newer, better looking sim shared. IE package it to exchange. Then download and install it yourself that way it is in your cas premade sims bin.
Then
Go here:
http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool...php?topic=125.0
install Klany's mod. Go into game use testingcheatsenabled true
shift click old sim choose "sim" then edit in cas.
once in cas simply click the premade sims button find the better looking version click it. then accept all changes. Now the old sim looks like the new better looking sim.
finito

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:30 PM
That's genius! Thanks for the link to this mod =D

Meanwhile i simply created a new game with her and set her needs to static, gave her the career she was at, and didn't turn off the cheat to her skills were the same. xD
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:02 PM Last edited by twelvecolonies : 18th Jun 2009 at 1:26 AM. Reason: Update
Default Pescado's mod
Quote: Originally posted by Kadath
Or you can use Pescado's Awesome Mod, which allows the editme command from the console, thus letting you to modify your story sim without having to start from scratch with the new one.

Where can I find Pescado's mod? I've tried the other one and, perhaps it was because of where I placed the file, afterwards the game wouldn't load.

Update: Oops! Never mind, I managed to get it working nicely...