Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 12:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default CAS Saved Sims Not Showing Up
It would seem that a number of Sims I've downloaded which were not part of a household are not showing up in either my bin or in prefabs of Create-A-Sim. Even one that I'd saved, which I saved first, then created household, then uploaded to Exchange and had an error on upload. All sims I downloaded were from the exchange. I've just downloaded a few MTS sims, which I haven't loaded into the game yet to see whether or not they're working properly. Cross my fingers.

Anyone encounter this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Is there something that could be conflicting with my game? I only have Delphy & Rick's slider and Hidden Traits Unlocked. No other hacks.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bill_Compton1.rar (412.4 KB, 30 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Character I saved, uploaded, then made household, had error.
File Type: rar  Gillian_Ivy1.rar (422.6 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Avatar character, uploaded, household, shows up fine.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:24 AM
Moving to Sims 3 help.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:39 PM
Default Feedback please
Can someone please check on their game if this file will show up in their CAS? --->Bill Compton .sim file . I need to know whether or not it works and it won't show up in my game. I believe it's because I received an upload error when tried to export to TS3 Exchange, and it removed it from the queue entirely.

If it works then I'll have to fiddle with cleaning up my game, see if there's a conflict which is making it no longer work. Thanks for reading.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 10:57 AM
Hope this helps. When you are in CAS, you must go to the little picture of your Sim at the bottom left of the screen, click on 'more' and it will come up with 3/4 options, one of them is to save sim to bin. Click on that and it automatically saves your sim to the saved sims folder in My documents/electronic arts/The Sims 3. You can then compress with rar or zip and upload it as per instructions on forum.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:00 PM
Thanks, Audrey, but that's not the problem. I save them and the one didn't show up in the bin, though the file is in the /saved sims folder. Also, the one's I uploaded, the .sim file is there, but not showing up in game. All households I downloaded are fine, but then I have no option to adjust the characters further.

And the problem is inconsistent. Some files are downloaded and work just fine. So far, this problem has only been with the exchange. I'm coming to the conclusion that it is bad files, not the fault of any game conflicts. I redownloaded 2 items last night, noting that the "Download Now" button, the file size was 1/2 that of the "Save now" hyperlink. So I saved.

After removing the file from my game, I reinstalled these new files. To no avail, still not working. if I want those characters in game, I'll likely have to make 'em myself. Which I was going to adjust them any ways ;D
Forum Resident
#6 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:52 PM
Gillian, I made two Sims today, one is Scarlett Johannssen and the other Michael Weatherley from Navy NCIS. The SJ one turned out particularly well. I am currently playing them in game and I have just checked they are definitely in my SavedSims folder. I really can't figure out what is going on in your game. It looks like an Exchange problem.

I going to try and upload them to MTS, but I am having a terrible problem with the edge scrolling being so sensitive and trying to get a decent up close photo of my Sims is all but impossible.

Another thing I noticed, is that in CAS, the faces look quite fat and I have to put the slider on max to make the face look thin, but in the game, the face looks way too thin. *shrugs* can't win.

It is quite a mission to make a Sim lookalike but if you perservere, you eventually get a Sim looking quite like the original. I do prefer Bodyshop though. The sliders were more user-freindly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Audrey
It looks like an Exchange problem.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. That the files became corrupted in the upload and caused it to have a brain fart. Could you download the file for me to see if it will show up in your game? I have him packaged into a "True Blood" household for all the characters. I have him and Sookie done and test played them, and they definitely hit it off. They went "try for baby" after just a bit of flirting. So now she's pregnant and he's still all lovey dovey with her. It's kinda cute.

I can't wait until they make vampires in this game, so he can be more true to character. I was trying to make Sookie a waitress, but they only have culinary career tracks, which waitress is not on. It would be hard to play so she'd never get promoted and yet not fired either. They need an option to decline a promotion.

Have you uploaded SJ yet? I'd like to see. Screen shots in CAS won't look right either, skin tones are different, etc. Also, I use HP's skin. (Who isn't ;D )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 9:44 AM
D'oh
Okay, I'm a friggin' idiot. Well, we're all noobs, so I can get away with this noob mistake. But thought I ought to mention it in case others were doing this same mistake as me....

Ages.... My missing sims were all adults and the default CAS screen was YA. There's an "All" for Gender and and "All" for body type, but none for age, so you have to skip through and choose. So all my sims seem to be in order.... And I felt so stupid. Please somebody tell me how they were stupid too so I don't feel so bad. It's okay, you can lie to me, I'll never know. <---- me, king of the stupids.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gillianivy
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. That the files became corrupted in the upload and caused it to have a brain fart. Could you download the file for me to see if it will show up in your game? I have him packaged into a "True Blood" household for all the characters. I have him and Sookie done and test played them, and they definitely hit it off. They went "try for baby" after just a bit of flirting. So now she's pregnant and he's still all lovey dovey with her. It's kinda cute.

I can't wait until they make vampires in this game, so he can be more true to character. I was trying to make Sookie a waitress, but they only have culinary career tracks, which waitress is not on. It would be hard to play so she'd never get promoted and yet not fired either. They need an option to decline a promotion.

Have you uploaded SJ yet? I'd like to see. Screen shots in CAS won't look right either, skin tones are different, etc. Also, I use HP's skin. (Who isn't ;D )

I'm glad you sorted your problem out with the Sims showing up in your game.

I am having real problems trying to take a photo as the edge scrolling is so sensitive, that I am getting motion sickness just zooming, tilting and reversing trying to get a decent pic. I need to take a screenshot - can you tell me how to do it? The picture is the only thing holding me back from uploading at the mo.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:57 PM
You can do screenshots with the in game camera icon, or pressing f11, I believe. Ctrl-Print screen should do it. There's a mod on here for a new camera. Back up your original cameras before you try it. It has a lower camera, I haven't tried it yet, but might, as I have a subterranean level which is hard to get screens. I don't know if there's a free float camera. Might take a bit of a search through the forums for screenshot tips and camera angles. You can turn off your edge scrolling too, if that helps. That way it only moves when you want it to.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:17 AM
Note to mods, issue was resolved, you may closed/delete thread. I tried to delete it myself, but guess I can't ;D Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.