Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 3:15 AM
Sims 3 not all perks and glamour
It appears that EA has taken in these desire to modify the game for stuff EA hasn't put in there from TS2 and took the role of protective parent which is what Microsoft did and look How Vista turned out

EA has given into the idea of full and total customization at whatever desired for about anything, they have now shut there doors at anything else you want to do which means no add-in's, no customization's, whatsoever that you do out of the game for possible reason's like to prevent from accidental crashes which is the role of protective parent

I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sort of security put in to detect modification's, I love the Sims 3 and the freedom but they should make it easy to work with outside files and programs as well but so many companies for various reasons want there to be a perfect error free infection free program / game so they remove all outside or 3rd party support internally in the game

Just be forewarned if you haven't played it yet
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:46 AM
I have no clue what the 'warning' is.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 9:11 AM
Oh no! The end of modding in neigh! Repent!

But seriously, we're making progress in modding, no need to down cry everyone whos trying by comming in with this stuff about "EA won't let you use mods!"

Although, I'm still not really too sure what this thread is about...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 11:41 AM
I think it's another one of those "doom and gloom" threads from somebody who really hasn't actually done any modding of the game yet.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#5 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wiseguy12851
I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sort of security put in to detect modification's
Well, don't be. They did. It didn't work, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 12:43 AM
OMG. You know EA released this other game. It had no modding tools whatsoever - just a thing for making floors and walls and one for changing the colour of clothes, and that was it. They like, totally didn't give the community any modding tools or anything, didn't even help with them.

...and five years later there were mods to do everything imaginable!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
OMG. You know EA released this other game. It had no modding tools whatsoever - just a thing for making floors and walls and one for changing the colour of clothes, and that was it. They like, totally didn't give the community any modding tools or anything, didn't even help with them.

...and five years later there were mods to do everything imaginable!

I loved that! We'll get there with TS3, we're all just too used to coming here at a whim and browsing through multitudes of mods for our game, and now that feature is basically gone.

But the days of filling our HDD with custom mods will come again, there's too many people who enjoy creating objects and modding the game for it to not happen. Just be patient
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 12:14 AM
When a modder gets a cease and desist letter from EA, then we will know that they are trying to stop modders. That hasn't happened, and I don't see it happening.