Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 5:21 AM
Default Cut & Move UV Mapping Possible?
Hello So, I've started a new creation, which I Frankenmeshed together. The UV Map was originally unwrapped less straightforward (see the pic below). However, I did manage to reassemble it into a more workable piece (also pictured). I am now in the final stages and everything looks great.....except one part. Part of the front of the dress was originally unwrapped and "cut" with the back. This part, as you can see, is missing in the front and extends from the back.

So my question is, can I cut this part of the dress (extending from the back) and reattach it to the front part of the dress? (F.Y.I all this was accomplished using Milkshape's Texture Coordinate Editor, so nothing complicated.)

Thanks so much for your help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 8:54 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 11th Feb 2017 at 8:55 PM. Reason: What even are links?
First things first, I would try to avoid overlapping your dress's UVmap with the sim's body's UV map, since it could cause weird issues like the leg being blue where it should be the sim's skin.

Now to answer your question, Yes you can! Though I think the first UV map, where it seems to be connected to the body might be easier to work with, since you don't have to think about the patterns (if someone wants to use any patterns on the dress, not sure if you're going to upload it of course ) But I would try to keep your UV map something like this:

So everything is connected in a way to make it pattern friendly, and easier to edit (when you, for example, want to add the zippers ^-^)
Though if you want to keep the small bit there, I would recommend adding a textures at that part of the dress. So that it won't appear as a black texture.

If the issue did suddenly appeared out of nowhere and maybe it does look okay in milkshape, I would try a different version of TSRW (Since the latest one is quite buggy): http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172

And, Nice dress you have there! :D