Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
That's how Syera and I felt when we were figuring out how to make four-color patterns in Paint Shop Pro. And guess who ended up writing the tutorial for PSP!

Hi Regina. The money tree looked great, well done, beter than the bacon tree

I'm going to have a right good go at these and if I can't do it, I'll use syera's :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:11 PM
Where is the tutorial to make these default eyes? I have some gorgeous eyes that I'd like to put on my sims ^_^
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:42 PM Last edited by fluttereyes : 27th Jun 2009 at 10:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by memoriesdecay
Where is the tutorial to make these default eyes? I have some gorgeous eyes that I'd like to put on my sims ^_^

Lol, you tell me, have a look at the rest of the thread where I'm trying to find out. I'm afraid, juist like me you have to do the hard work sorry

Do you honestly think if there was a tutorial I'd have to be asking such basic questions? Some people have been doing this since sims 2 and they just work it out, I've never done it before so with no tutorial I'm in the dark
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:51 PM
I give up, it just won't work for me. I tried to import them one at a time and still only end up with two in the package. I'll just be patient till someone does a tute, my head is numb with this
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 10:16 PM
I'm having this problem as well. I saved my files as DXT3. I did edit all 3 files, but i'm going to try just editing Eye_Color_o_0 and Eye_Pattern_o_0 only.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 11:45 PM
I figured it out.. I think.. I downloaded someone elses eye texture replacement, and took at look at their package files, and the difference is that their files names start with S3_xxx as opposed to my files names that are just something like "amFaceEyePattern_ma_0x4d6789c9e613edfa...".. How do you get the file name s3? Do you think it's because of how it was exported? I used HP's files..

Uh.. Apparently i need to work on my eyes.. I have no idea how it got that huge black line around them lol..

Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 1:11 AM
mine weren't s3 either and neither were any of the ones I looked at by aikea or syera. I don't think that's it but I'll check again. My drive crashed and I can't get at them right now. I'm on a stupid laptop. If I recover the data I'll have another look. Those black lines would actually look ok if they were thinner. Could that maybe be the way you modified the one woth just the black and white image, sorry I don't remember the name and can't get at it, like I said. Thanks for answering this
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
mine weren't s3 either and neither were any of the ones I looked at by aikea or syera. I don't think that's it but I'll check again. My drive crashed and I can't get at them right now. I'm on a stupid laptop. If I recover the data I'll have another look. Those black lines would actually look ok if they were thinner. Could that maybe be the way you modified the one woth just the black and white image, sorry I don't remember the name and can't get at it, like I said. Thanks for answering this

Do you want me to export the files that i used for you, and you can try and replace those with your textures and re-package them and see if they work in your game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 1:34 AM
If you use the HP ones those were the first I tried. I do have them on an external hard drive that was attached to my pc at the time of the crash (well I hope I do in one of my backups), because I don't know what caused the crash, e.g. virus, I don't want to plug it into my laptop till I've had it checked. I'm taking the desktop and external to the pc shop tomorrow and hopefully will be back up and running tomorrow. I can't really use this laptop to edit as all my editing programs are on the big pc, this is vista and they mostly aren't compatible, the big one is xp. Stupid computers.

Everything I need is on that pc my textures along with all the lots and sims I was going to upload to my own site

Thanks a lot for the offer though and I'll pm you if I can't get them if that's ok
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
If you use the HP ones those were the first I tried. I do have them on an external hard drive that was attached to my pc at the time of the crash (well I hope I do in one of my backups), because I don't know what caused the crash, e.g. virus, I don't want to plug it into my laptop till I've had it checked. I'm taking the desktop and external to the pc shop tomorrow and hopefully will be back up and running tomorrow. I can't really use this laptop to edit as all my editing programs are on the big pc, this is vista and they mostly aren't compatible, the big one is xp. Stupid computers.

Everything I need is on that pc my textures along with all the lots and sims I was going to upload to my own site

Thanks a lot for the offer though and I'll pm you if I can't get them if that's ok

No Prob
Page 2 of 2