Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 1:06 AM
Default Labels on clothing - almost there!
Ok, so what I have done so far is to open fullpack2 using s3pi, extracted the files starting with cmTopShirtTee, edited the bulldozer picture, made a new package and tested, it worked!

And it looks good in game too, but the problem is that it replaces the old one. How would I package this as a new shirt instead of it replacing the one that's already there? I've tried changing the resource name, same thing. Also tried changing the instance, but then it showed the old shirt again. Any suggestions?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 2:53 AM
Nice work. May I ask how you managed to get it to replace the old one? My attempts at doing the same thing never seem to work at all.

As for getting it to not replace the original. Try having a look at the xml files for the shirts. They're in in Fullbuild0 using the resource type 0x0333406c. Since there's more than one in the same category EA had to add new ones somehow it's just a matter of figuring out how exactly they do it.
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#3 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:07 AM
In addition you may want to examine some of the free shirts from ea store see how the new ones are labeled.

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ThomasRiordan
Nice work. May I ask how you managed to get it to replace the old one? My attempts at doing the same thing never seem to work at all.

As for getting it to not replace the original. Try having a look at the xml files for the shirts. They're in in Fullbuild0 using the resource type 0x0333406c. Since there's more than one in the same category EA had to add new ones somehow it's just a matter of figuring out how exactly they do it.

The way I did it was to extract all 5 files from FullBuild2 starting with cmShirtTopTee, renaming the extension from .bnry to .dds on all 5, edit the one with the bulldozer logo by replacing the picture with the picture of Kenny, and changing it's alpha layer to match, re-saving the dds with the same name using 8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 format (in photoshop), then make a new package file using S3PI, and import all 5 files back in and saving. The thumbnail in the game still shows the bulldozer, but when you click on it, it shows the new image, in this case, Kenny.

I looked at FullBuild0 briefly, but found it confusing, I'll have to try again to see if something stands out, I really want to get this to work.
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wintermuteai1
In addition you may want to examine some of the free shirts from ea store see how the new ones are labeled.

Stuff from the store is protected, no way to unpack the package files, even the free stuff. I've read there is a tool out there to do it, but every forum it gets posted on, the mods remove the link because it breaks copy-right protection laws, and they don't want their sites closed, which I understand, but I just want to see how they do it, not to copy their copy-righted material, so I've been looking for a way to extract these, but have come up empty....
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 6:06 AM
I've tried editing the xml for the shirt to include an extra line <value key="Stencil G" value="key:00B2D882:00000000:162EE764E3BE01FA" /> changing it from <value key="Stencil A" value="key:00B2D882:00000000:162EE764E3BE014A" /> which was the value for the original rainbow logo I replaced to the new value for my new logo. I also added lines <value key="Stencil G Tiling" value="1.0000,1.0000" /> <value key="Stencil G Rotation" value="0.0000" /> and <value key="Stencil F Enabled" value="True" /> (which now realize should be G not F) with no result. Although from what I read Project S3PI has trouble with the xmls at the moment. I'll try some more in the morning. Hopefully something will work.
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 8:35 AM
You can view the finished results here:

http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=346220
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 1:55 PM
Thomas: There are actually redundant XML files in the game - editing the *pure* XML achieves nothing, as you see. What you actually want to edit is the CAS part data, as Snaitf has done - but that in itself has major drawbacks.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 2:29 PM
Ah thanks Delphy. I defiantly try that. I know I sure wasn't getting any where with the xmls.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#10 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 2:59 PM
Yeah, me either - that was one of the first things I tried, till I found the CAS part files. There is a *lot* of redundant not-used stuff in the game.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.