Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 10:34 AM
Default How do I do that?
Good morning, guys.
I downloaded some SKINs (when you create the character choose the color of the skins and from there I choose the skin of the new skin I want) but when I go to choose the dress the skin does not remain that and is changed depending on the dress. Is there a way to ALWAYS keep that skin alone?

Let me explain myself with an example:

I unload a Skin with a big breast, but when I put on the jersey the boobs is small and the shape of the big breast does not remain.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 11:01 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Nov 2018 at 3:42 PM.
I'm not sure what you mean.

Skins are just skins, they don't decide the bodyshape. You can get what's called showerproof skins for other bodyshapes than the maxis ones, but those only show when the sim is showering, and only if you have the proper showerproof meshes (if you don't have the meshes, sims will turn into a floating head when naked).

If you use a regular, non-showerproof skin on a sim, and put the sim in clothes with a different bodyshape, they'll turn back to the maxis/default bodyshape when naked and/or in the shower.

Clothes are what decides the bodyshape, so if you want to use other bodyshapes you need to download clothes with that bodyshape.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 11:39 AM
When you say skin, do you mean skin or clothes? Skin is a very old term that use to be used for clothing but is hardly used any more. You need each of the sims outfits to have the new body shape, it's basically just a mesh over the top of the sim to give them a new shape.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 2:54 PM
Thank you.
I thought that once you downloaded the SKINTONE that remained the shape for each dress worn.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 11:36 AM
Nope. Skintone only changes the colour of the skin.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 6:45 PM
And to change the shape of the body of the sims that you see in the shower or with clothes? What word should I look for? I thought it was a skintone, I'm sorry.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 7:38 PM
If you're talking about the various clothes people have created for bodyshapes, then "Bodyshape" would be a good search word. There's shapes like BB/HBB/LBB (Huge, Lean and regular Body Builder for males), Rio and Faerie for women, Warlokk had some here, Melodie9 here on MTS has clothes with skinny and fat bodyshapes here, there's various bodyshapes and clothes for them available at Insim, here (clothing sections, and the individual creators' sections), and there's plenty more.

(I don't use them a lot, so I don't keep track - but there's a lot to choose from, though not all of them have a lot of clothing meshes).
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 2:24 PM
So maybe you meant that you downloaded a skin where the breasts looked big in the preview, but you didn't understand that's just a visual effect and that the clothing is wat gives the breasts the 3D shape? You probably have a skin with a texture that gives a push-up-bra effect, but that's just how it's drawn. You will see when you try out several revealing tops on the same sim in CAS, nothing about the skin colour changes, but the different ways the clothing mesh is modelled makes the breasts look different.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by letiziaa
And to change the shape of the body of the sims that you see in the shower or with clothes? What word should I look for? I thought it was a skintone, I'm sorry.

You need the 'showerproof' skins of a particular bodyshape for that. For example, for this female bodybuilder shape you'll see written 'Get the "shower-proof" skintones for the female bodybuilder here '.