Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 8:24 PM
Default Placing lots
How long does it usually take to place a lot furnished or unfurnished on The Sims 4? My game is taking longer than usual to place a lot and it's super frustrating. I tried to place one furnished last night and it took at least 30 minutes. By that time I just gave up and closed the game out via task manager. What is going on?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 8:59 PM
That sounds like you might have some outdated CC, perhaps? Large lots with a lot of objects in them take a little longer than small simple ones, but for me it normally takes seconds, not minutes.

I'd say test without CC -- if it still takes that long, you might have some other problem, like running out of disk space or broken game or something.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
That sounds like you might have some outdated CC, perhaps? Large lots with a lot of objects in them take a little longer than small simple ones, but for me it normally takes seconds, not minutes.

I'd say test without CC -- if it still takes that long, you might have some other problem, like running out of disk space or broken game or something.

how do i find out if my CC is broken or not?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 9:15 PM
Well just remove it all, then test. If the lot loads fine now it's likely that CC is the problem, if it's still slow then the problem is something else.

I'm also moving this to Help since the topic is a game issue, not how to build something.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 9:21 PM
It seems to me that CC isn't the problem, considering that the game works fine until i try to place a house. Makes no sense to me. I'm probably just gonna start over on CC. I also don't understand how CC can 'expire' if you will. Like how does CC just expire or not work if it worked before?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 9:44 PM
Not all CC is compatible with every patch level.