Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 8:51 AM
Default UK/PAL spelling and name mod
I'm looking for a UK/PAL spelling and name mod for my game, I'm from Australia. Can you find t?

Words:
Diaper - Nappy
Pacifier - Dummy
Neighborhood - Neighbourhood
Chef Salad - Fruit Salad

Sims 2 Rocks! :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 1:40 PM
You don't need a mod for that. You need to change the language in the regedit files, as described here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...e_Game_Language

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 6:45 PM
There are still a good number of "untranslated" strings for UK English.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 8:49 PM
Yeah, I've been using UK English for ever and only recently switched to US English because UC doesn't have the option, and it doesn't even change spellings. In fact the only thing which I've noticed being different is that now I have American time rather than 24 hour time.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 9:19 PM
I wonder if you could do that as a default - I know I have a spelling correction mod. That's a long-winded job I wouldn't want to do. Still, at least I'd spell things properly.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 2:15 PM
None of the English has been properly translated so such a mod will have to replace every visible Text List (animation texts etc. don't need translating), every Pie Menu and every Catalogue Description. It'd be around 40mb and would conflict with almost every other default replacement.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 8:45 AM
Finally did it with regedit!!!

Sims 2 Rocks! :D