Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#5276 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:17 PM
He also gets 10 bonus points for having coffee.

ihate, did you make Ben Long selectable, or was it a hacked telescope?

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5277 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:14 PM
@EmeraldFalcon - I made him temporarily selectable to see if the 'get abducted' debug option on the telescope would work or not - he'd rolled a want to get abducted. I didn't expect him to actually end up pregnant from it!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#5278 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I discovered today that if the Head Master in the get the child in to Private School scenario gets into a Hot Tub during the scenario, that 10 bonus points are added.

Previously I had gotten 10 bonus points for the Head Master takes a Drink from the Bar during a Party, but this is the first where I got points for him getting into the Hot Tub autonomously.

And if you just serve him fish you don't even need a house tour.
Mad Poster
#5279 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli

Fish? Oh, you mean one of the fishable/cookable fish that comes with Seasons?

I knew about the coffee...did not know about the drink from the bar or the hot tub. Wouldn't it be possible to have a sim ask him to join in the hot tub? That sounds like it should be an easier one to get that the coffee or the bar drink.
Mad Poster
#5280 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 8:56 PM
Inviting the headmaster into the hot tub can be a pain because there have been known problems getting him back out of it again. If you're going to invite him into your hot tub, be sure you do everything else (schmooze, tour, coffee, etc.) first.

The easiest way to get a good meal score is to have an owned shop in your neighborhood that sells pre-made meals made by a sim with lots of cooking points. If my sims want to get their kid into private school and aren't very good at cooking, they just go into town and buy a pre-made Lobster Thermidor or Baked Alaska.
Top Secret Researcher
#5281 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Fish? Oh, you mean one of the fishable/cookable fish that comes with Seasons?

Yes, although it may not work with any fish, it may have to be a Golden Trout, I believe, since I've only had this happen once. But it makes sense because it's the gold badge fish and you can sell it for §518 :P
Mad Poster
#5282 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 9:51 PM
For some reason, the headmaster always seems impressed with bathrooms during the house tours.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#5283 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 9:56 PM
Obviously in Sim culture, bathrooms are regarded as the most important and prestigious room in the house. Which is why they congregate there during parties and most Sims choose to give birth in this sacred, high-class room.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Scholar
#5284 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 10:34 PM

If you spam the queue with AL greetings, even burnt spaghetti afterwards will do...
Mad Poster
#5285 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Obviously in Sim culture, bathrooms are regarded as the most important and prestigious room in the house. Which is why they congregate there during parties and most Sims choose to give birth in this sacred, high-class room.

Apparently, it is also the place of choice for arguments. Even single sims end up arguing with their spouse in there.
Hi! I build apartments with adjoining bathroom walls!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5286 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:16 AM
When combining packages of recolours in SimPE (tutorial here), you want to go to File > Close rather than File > New so that SimPE can properly unlock the old files for deletion (unless you're exiting the program anyways). As well, you want to run the newly merged files through the Compressorizer again as merging them somehow undoes the process.

Mad Poster
#5287 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:25 AM
Thanks for the tip close instead of new. I do not merge files often, but this will be handy for everything else, and I never thought of it.

Top Secret Researcher
#5288 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:44 AM

I think I discovered this sort of since I love Fish and I have been serving it. Any Fish does seems to make for a good amount of points.

I always have my Sims fish a lot and I frequently make a fish pond on the lot so that they can do it there. I will try the Golden Trout though, I don't think I have served that one.

I always give the house tour first though if I am going to serve the Golden Trout meal I will try to remember not to do it then.

I never have bothered to show the Head Master the bathrooms, I have so many in my sim houses too.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#5289 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 4:03 AM
There is a shortcut for shopping districts. There is a freaking shortcut for shopping districts and all this time I have been loading the main hood and then the subhood to play my megahoods when I could have had just ONE loading screen. Great. Brilliant. I am so observant. Ten years, people, it took me ten years to notice that!
Mad Poster
#5290 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 4:03 AM
I discovered that the fence tool is hOt.
Don't drag, just click it..it makes a puff of smoke. Keep clicking frenetically and you could almost start a fire.

Mad Poster
#5291 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 10:40 AM
The converted CS Shrimp Gumbo shows up in the "make food for contest" fridge menu and can be pulled out of non-controllable sims' butts so they can submit it into the contest; however, it cannot be submitted to a food contest by a currently controlled sim! I can see it in her inventory and I know it's an untouched serving bowl as she just made it specifically for the contest!
Top Secret Researcher
#5292 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
When practicing with the medical dummy, Sims can find a toy horse, a hamburger, or a phone inside it...and hastily shove it back inside in horror.

Trixie putawall!
Top Secret Researcher
#5293 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I think I discovered this sort of since I love Fish and I have been serving it. Any Fish does seems to make for a good amount of points.

I always have my Sims fish a lot and I frequently make a fish pond on the lot so that they can do it there. I will try the Golden Trout though, I don't think I have served that one.

I always give the house tour first though if I am going to serve the Golden Trout meal I will try to remember not to do it then.

I never have bothered to show the Head Master the bathrooms, I have so many in my sim houses too.

It takes forever for him to finish the golden trout so you won't have time for a house tour anyway. XD Probably why you get so many points from it. Wouldn't be fair otherwise.
Mad Poster
#5294 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:03 AM
Today I discovered that merging recolour packages does help with the game's loading time. Not quite cut in half but definitely less time than usual. And I've only done a few folders so far!

Field Researcher
#5295 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:26 AM
Some bundles are more intimidating than others. The hundred related painting recolours I merged together into one file on Sunday were not for the faint hearted. In order to maintain some sanity, I'm bundling flower recolours today, for most of which I only have 3-8 files to a set.

I discovered how to stop my nice newly bundled flowers from fading when I zoom in close. Now I just need to remember what I've done to LiveCamera.txt when I get around to swapping out my cameras again, since I've tweaked rather than turned off as I still want the trees to disappear if I'm zooming right through the trunk.
Mad Poster
#5296 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:37 AM
Space providing, it's possible to pitch a tent in the middle of the living room. I thought it was one of those outdoors-only objects. I want to use this information for something now.

Top Secret Researcher
#5297 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 2:58 AM
Let your kids do indoor pretend camping! "Roast" marshmallows over a paper fire! Tell ghost stories until their parent comes downstairs and tells them it's past their bedtime! Wake up, bring your cereal into the tent, and tie the front flap open to watch Saturday morning cartoons!
...or, as close as you can get.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Instructor
#5298 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 4:30 AM
Maybe not a real discovery but my latest takeaway is how convenient having organized collections is for buy/build mode sanity when doing makeovers! I'm building new collections specifically centered around different hoods (Veronaville, Twikki Island, Sim State, etc.) and I'm now knocking out houses and lots in record time!
Lab Assistant
#5299 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 6:03 AM
Not today, but I haven't really had the drive to post (or touch my game) since I discovered this.

I discovered that my main 'hood is probably corrupt. Loaded into a household and one of the Sims, a toddler, has a blank Want slot. I've tried using the Batbox. I've tried resetting her, I've cleaned the 'hood out using the HoodChecker, and I've seemingly exhausted my options. I've been opening the BodyShop and creating Sims with the intention of starting a new 'hood, one that I make all by myself--no downloading houses, no game-generated Townies, etc. I'll start with all generation one Sims and go from there (in my current main, I started with families based on an online generator I found).
Mad Poster
#5300 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 6:31 AM
Have you tried moving the family out and back in? Jessica Picaso had the same issue for some time until I did that.

Page 212 of 444