Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#12426 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:41 PM
My stupid question today--does anyone know if there's a version of @Chris Hatch 's mod--the one that makes the spouse of a pregnant sim realize they've been cheated on if the baby isn't theirs--that excludes alien pregnancy? Or, possibly, how hard that would be to change? I love the mod, but I feel that for alien pregnancies, the same situation shouldn't apply.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12427 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:42 PM
Chris Hatch made an object, a globe I believe, that lets you temporary disable the feature. Though if you just use the standard Maxis PTs (and not a multi-PT mod) it shouldn't trigger jealousy.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#12428 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:15 PM
So, I'm so glad there's a place for stupid and random because...

I know how ridiculously late I am to this, but I have never before loaded the university portion of the game, but now I finally let one of my characters go off to the Fiesta U or whatever it is. He has his own place and the cheerleaders come by and ... all that, but do you mean to tell me that there's no actual university AT ALL. I mean, a few dorms and a library and student union, but no actual place to study and meet professors and such?! Does anyone know of, at least, a shell of a university so we can pretend... Sheesh, so what AM I supposed to do with him in there? How do I know when he's supposed to go to class or what the requirements or whatever are? Someone please point me to how I'm supposed to do this, either as quickly as possible, or how it's played to make it fun?
Scholar
#12429 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:54 PM
The class schedule appears where the work schedule normally does. Your sims will also have final exams. But yes, class is all "off screen".
Mad Poster
#12430 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:01 AM
(Rubs hands together.)
University is my favorite expansion, though I hate the premade campuses. Which is one reason I made Land Grant University, which does have buildings you can at least pretend the students are going to class in.

Anyway, what you do with him is what people are supposed to do at college - explore, learn, find yourself, make friends, make contacts, make enemies, finish growing up!
You'll get a one-hour warning pop-up before classes and a five-hour and one-hour warning before finals, plus unless prevented the sim will automatically go to class on her own. The course requirements are found on the skills tab. There's a grade bar with graduated stages, which will open up as the student learns the required skills and be filled by going to class, doing research, writing term papers, doing assignments, and talking about majors. You can tell which skills are required, because they'll be highlighted in the skill display, just like for job advancement. A line on the side of the grade bar tells you whether the student is passing or not, plus the color of the bar will turn from red to white. If you have all the skills and the bar remains red, don't be afraid - that's a known glitch, and is usually associated with a lot. Take them to a community lot and you'll probably be able to see the accurate grade bar while you're there. They'll meet professors while in class and will be able to pursue relationships with them if you wish.

The first principle of enjoying University is to adjust to the change in rate of time flow. Campus life is on a different scale from life in the main hood. You have 72 hours per semester, plus a 72 hour grace period after graduation, in which to enjoy the benefits of campus life. You can skill on community lots in University, and though the home lot will remain frozen as per usual, the semester hours will still pass; so you can adjust the rate of play by spending time away from the dorm or residence, sticking close to home, or leaving campus to visit main hood and downtown community lots, where the semester hours do not advance.

In this time, in addition to skilling (which goes faster than usual), your sim can make friends, throw parties, date extensively (many dorm rooms have space for a double bed), find your true love, befriend and move in dormies, pursue dramatic storylines you wouldn't have time for in the main hood, join a secret society or a Greek house, found a Greek house, host visitors from the main hood, obey wild whims (such as streaking; aka running madly around with no clothes on), arrange an outing of all your younger friends and relations for a campus tour, repair or pursue your enmity with that skank who stole your boyfriend in ninth grade, improve your badges, run a business in the main hood (can't buy campus lots, alas), undergo major life changes and change your aspiration, turn-ons, and LTW at Junior year - the sky's the limit.

I personally have the most fun when I have a lot of playables to hang out together, living in two to five households that visit each other and invite each other to parties. Neighborhood players who couldn't get playable kids together during the child and teen stages often rely heavily on University to make everyone know everyone else in their age cohort. Legacy players often find the heir's future mate among dormies. If a sim has townie teen friends, sending them to University will allow you to maintain the relationship, age the townie pool, and find out which ones, if any, you'd like to keep playable. You can always turn anybody you don't want to keep playing back into a townie after graduation. Many premade players find University the ideal setting to repair the enmities among the teens of the base game neighborhoods, reconciling Lilith and Angela, Ripp/Tank/Johnny, or Monty with Capp; and to expand the limited gene pools of the premade neighborhoods.

It's also a good place to experiment with features you haven't used much in the main hood because you're so focused on the job-and-family routine. Never felt you had the time to spend on the OFB crafting benches? Well - now's your chance. Your future criminal mastermind can get a head start on a robot army, your future business owner can graduate with plenty of stock in hand ready to set up shop. Never tried a Hang Out interaction? Never saw anybody do enough yoga or meditation to get the advanced animations like levitating and balancing on one finger? You've got time now! Want your heir to sow his wild oats and then settle down - dormies are the dating pool that won't follow you around for the rest of your life! (Though I recommend erasing relationships with any you leave behind!) If you work on it, you can get 20 woohoos/simultaneous loves out of the way in time to change to Family in Junior year and become an upright, uptight member of society, though your grades might suffer. Or, they might not. I've had Pleasure sims who never went to class make dean's list, because they opened their grade bars all the way up accidentally and did autonomous studying and research while visiting other households or appearing on community lots in the background while I was playing someone else. Or, if you want to play them as the sort of person who'd bang a professor for a grade - well, that's possible, too.

And if you turn out to be one of those people who simply cannot enjoy University - then turn on the testing cheats when you find the grade bar acceptable, spawn the Semester Tester, and wrap up early.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#12431 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:31 AM
I am trying to learn how to do simple retexturing of rugs for The Sims2. I found a video on YouTube that is pretty simple but at one step of the tutorial, the lady says to right click on the image after you have imported the retexture. I tried right clicking but I don't get a "build" option. I made one rug and it looks good in my game but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong with making another one.
Can someone help me, please?
Here is the YouTube link start at 4:01
https://youtu.be/-nCMMkisg5U?t=4m1s
Mad Poster
#12432 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:44 AM
One note I'd like to add to Penis, which is already kind of covered but not said straight out: Don't play every Sim the same way. If you play every Sim the same way then University is going to get boring real quick. If every Sim is a straight A that skills and does "useful" things all the time, chances are you will find yourself looking for shorter semesters mods or skipping Uni all together. But if you actually explore, let your Sims be individual and focus on whatever floats their boat, maybe take an academic probation here and there, or just do enough to scrape by, then you may find yourself having more fun.

To make Uni feel more realistic I have added additional demands to my majors. For example, psychology majors have to learn anger management in their third year, and couples counseling in their fourth year. Economy majors aren't allowed to write term papers, and should do assignments over research (because at my university, if there's a person sitting at a table doing an assignments, you will probably hear the silly economy words floating away from them). Literature majors however must write a term paper rather than assignments, because to me that major is more about practicing writing than answering questions. Not something that would fit everyone's play style, but I enjoy having additional requirements so that the majors feel more realistic

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#12433 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:58 AM
Default Transferring to Land Grant U
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
(Rubs hands together.)
University is my favorite expansion, though I hate the premade campuses. Which is one reason I made Land Grant University, which does have buildings you can at least pretend the students are going to class in.

Anyway, what you do with him is what people are supposed to do at college - explore, learn, find yourself, make friends, make contacts, make enemies, finish growing up!....
It's also a good place to experiment with features you haven't used much in the main hood because you're so focused on the job-and-family routine. Never felt you had the time to spend on the OFB crafting benches? Well - now's your chance. Your future criminal mastermind can get a head start on a robot army, your future business owner can graduate with plenty of stock in hand ready to set up shop. Never tried a Hang Out interaction? Never saw anybody do enough yoga or meditation to get the advanced animations like levitating and balancing on one finger? You've got time now! ...

@Peni Griffin and @gummilutt, thank you so much! You've given me some great ideas and I'm excited about trying some new things now! Naturally, I had to go immediately and find Land Grant University and I've installed it now, but... this brings up a really important question... can my Sim, who clearly made a poor uni choice before he knew any better, transfer to Land Grant where all the cool kids go? Can I move him?
Mad Poster
#12434 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NanaWildflowers
I am trying to learn how to do simple retexturing of rugs for The Sims2. I found a video on YouTube that is pretty simple but at one step of the tutorial, the lady says to right click on the image after you have imported the retexture. I tried right clicking but I don't get a "build" option. I made one rug and it looks good in my game but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong with making another one.
Can someone help me, please?
Here is the YouTube link start at 4:01
https://youtu.be/-nCMMkisg5U?t=4m1s

Do you have DDS Utilities ? Because you absolutely need this to be able to *Build DXT* in SimPE.
You do not import your new texture and then right click and Build. You right click and select Build DXT on the maxis texture you want to change. It will then open a window for you to browse to your new .png file. Then you commit your changes and you save.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12435 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
can my Sim, who clearly made a poor uni choice before he knew any better, transfer to Land Grant where all the cool kids go? Can I move him?

Yep. Just move him to the student bin (with the move-out button just like in main hood), change to land grant university hood and move in him wherever you'd like All campuses share the same student bin, so Sims can move freely between them. You can delete fiesta tech if you want (no graves I don't think?), but all the students from it will be moved to the student bin.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#12436 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Yep. Just move him to the student bin (with the move-out button just like in main hood), change to land grant university hood and move in him wherever you'd like All campuses share the same student bin, so Sims can move freely between them. You can delete fiesta tech if you want (no graves I don't think?), but all the students from it will be moved to the student bin.

Thanks! I thought so because I saw that they could visit the lots of the other uni! I experimented with some other poor smuck, moving him to the bin, and he seems happy to go to class anywhere, whether his parents paid the tuition there or not!

Thanks again, I'm having fun already.
Lab Assistant
#12437 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Do you have DDS Utilities ? Because you absolutely need this to be able to *Build DXT* in SimPE.
You do not import your new texture and then right click and Build. You right click and select Build DXT on the maxis texture you want to change. It will then open a window for you to browse to your new .png file. Then you commit your changes and you save.

I don't know if I ever had that installed. I just downloaded and installed it. I will let you know if that helped.

The really crazy thing is I made a rug but I can't remember how I did it.

I thank you so much for the help, Rosebine. I appreciate it.
THANK YOU.
Field Researcher
#12438 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:53 AM
Where would be the best place on modthesims to put a series of tutorials/instructions on configuring the game for Mac users? They'd cover things like increasing the file limit, adding the CEP and Scriptorium, and how to get some of Mootilda's tools working on a Mac.

There's definitely a need for it, as the game is still actively being sold for Mac and most of the existing instructions are either out of date (written for the disk game and older versions of OS X/macOS rather than Sims 2 Super Collection) or too technical for most people. I'd be happy to write up detailed versions of what I've been doing on my own machines, but haven't figured out the best home for them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12439 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:59 AM
Post a new thread with an appropriate title in the chat area and if it's approved we will move it to tutorials.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#12440 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Post a new thread with an appropriate title in the chat area and if it's approved we will move it to tutorials.

Will do. Thanks.
Test Subject
#12441 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:13 PM Last edited by dockamorpher : 26th Feb 2018 at 1:33 PM.
My young adult will not fall in love with a girl he met downtown. They're 100/100 and best friends, have 2 bolts. I changed his turn on and offs to suit her better and everything. They can make out and stuff and she fell in love with him, am I doing something Wrong?

Edit: I also did clear my caches and still nothing
Top Secret Researcher
#12442 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
Where would be the best place on modthesims to put a series of tutorials/instructions on configuring the game for Mac users? They'd cover things like increasing the file limit, adding the CEP and Scriptorium, and how to get some of Mootilda's tools working on a Mac.

There's definitely a need for it, as the game is still actively being sold for Mac and most of the existing instructions are either out of date (written for the disk game and older versions of OS X/macOS rather than Sims 2 Super Collection) or too technical for most people. I'd be happy to write up detailed versions of what I've been doing on my own machines, but haven't figured out the best home for them.

@muridae

For the Sims 2 Super Collection:
I did an article on increasing the Max Number of Open Files Limit. Did an article on adding the CEP. Was I too Technical?

Did not do one on adding the Scriptorium because I do not use it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#12443 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@muridae

For the Sims 2 Super Collection:
I did an article on increasing the Max Number of Open Files Limit. Did an article on adding the CEP. Was I too Technical?

Did not do one on adding the Scriptorium because I do not use it.

@lordtyger: Not too technical for me, but then I've earned a living doing system administration for unix/linux/Windows servers. I think that touching Terminal and using the command line is pretty scary for a lot of people though, so I'd planned to hand hold them through that part and make the process as easy as possible.

I'd like to link to your open files limit instructions for some of the background information, if that's okay? I've done further testing on the upper limits of what can be set though, so have new information to add for the plist settings.
Instructor
#12444 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:13 PM
it's been awhile after i wrote something in here but i have a new question on my mind and it has been in my head for a little while

but can you have longer family trees? (i've been looking everywhere for this but i never found the longer family trees)
i mean like something like this (on the picture) so i don't have to click on a sim all the time when clicking on the family trees
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12445 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dockamorpher
My young adult will not fall in love with a girl he met downtown. They're 100/100 and best friends, have 2 bolts. I changed his turn on and offs to suit her better and everything. They can make out and stuff and she fell in love with him, am I doing something Wrong?

Edit: I also did clear my caches and still nothing

Do you have a mod called "noinstantlove?" I understand it sometimes overperforms.

If you don't have that particular one, a conflict between two mods is the most likely solution. Back up your game so you can put everything right back where it was after testing, and then temporarily pull out your Downloads folder and test. Does he fall in love now? If so, you know the fault is somewhere in the Downloads folder and all you have to do is track it down, which doesn't take as long as you think it will.

If not, please post in the "Help" Forum, after working through the FAQ you will be directed to when you try to start a thread.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#12446 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:34 PM
Is it possible to make items cloned from a certain SP, be BG compatible without the need for that SP?
I found this and I am wondering if I can simply edit my items...
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...tible_Checklist
I compared these numbers to a BG object I cloned, and none of them are the same..so back to square one, I am.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#12447 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:43 PM
Inventor
#12448 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:45 PM
This might be an odd question, but maybe I just haven't seen the answer and it's been bothering me for a while.

Would anybody know the reason why sims in CAS would disappear when you try to undo a change on them? It doesn't happen all of the time, but then the sim is invisible, leaving me no choice but to exit their creation (not CAS entirely). It usually happens when I swiftly click several buttons - perhaps I'm moving too fast for the game to catch up.

I'm not sure if that was understandable, so I'll try to explain. I put a shirt on a sim, change my mind, and press undo, yet instead of reverting to their original outfit, the sim vanishes. I can click all of the other features like hair and eyes though nothing happens because the sim is invisible and I have to exit back to the CAS family screen to proceed. I noticed it in my no-CC folders so I don't know what could be causing it.
Mad Poster
#12449 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:54 PM
That's weird. Could it be a jump bug?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#12450 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
it's been awhile after i wrote something in here but i have a new question on my mind and it has been in my head for a little while

but can you have longer family trees? (i've been looking everywhere for this but i never found the longer family trees)
i mean like something like this (on the picture) so i don't have to click on a sim all the time when clicking on the family trees

by the way i stole this picture from google
so before you guys ask: no it's not from me (i don't even care who's picture it is or was )
but yeah it was just a random question because i didn't found the larger family trees from this website unless i skipped this by accident
but still if you guys found the larger family tree('s) i was been looking for, let me know (even though if it means i have to go to an another website, i don't care )
Page 498 of 1339