Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#12401 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:19 AM
I'll try to look out the post, but it's a few years ago, and it could be hard to find. To be honest, gummilutt probably said that she wouldn't risk it herself, rather than categorically that it was unsafe. It's nearly 3 a.m. here and I really must go to bed, but if you want to search for it yourself, it was the school in New Desconia. Nothing terrible happened, and I played the lot and the 'hood for a long time afterwards with nothing worse than losing all the paintings painted by the pupils. Eventually however the lot became unplayable again, and this time I was able to restore the whole 'hood from back up with no significant loss of play. After that I moved the Sims out and cleaned it much more thoroughly. Unfortunately I haven't played it since, so I can't swear how successful that was.

[EDIT] Ninja'd --you found it yourself!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12402 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkySays
I haven't played much with witches before. So I have a question about how the Extractum Amorus spell normally works.

I have a sim, Logan, who casts this spell on another sim, Ethel. They both are in love with each other but Ethel is married to a different sim. Logan wants to break them up so he can marry Ethel.

But what happens when he casts the spell is, they slap one another and become enemies and furious with each other, and she is still married to her husband.

Did the spell misfire and break up Ethel and Logan? Is this expected behavior or is it possible a mod is messing things up?

Never used this spell but I would think you have to load up their house and have her break up with him and he moves out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#12403 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:35 AM
It ended up that Leo, the husband, stopped by to kick over Logan's garbage can for the hundredth time. So Logan summoned Ethel and did the spell on Leo, and it worked correctly. He didn't even have to cast spells on Ethel to get her to marry him, even though he had the reagents all ready!

Leo is the oldest son of the oldest family in the neighborhood though. Logan might have messed with the wrong one; we'll have to see :D
Alchemist
#12404 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkySays
But what happens when he casts the spell is, they slap one another and become enemies and furious with each other, and she is still married to her husband. Did the spell misfire and break up Ethel and Logan? Is this expected behavior or is it possible a mod is messing things up?

Sounds like it. If by "they" you mean Logan and Ethel start fighting, then yeah, it sounds like it backfired. The spell failed and Ethel, being furious for being spelled, slapped Logan. What the spell should do is remove the marriage flag of the target. I tired it once with Leod McGreggor and Stella Roth... But I remember also using tabula rasa. So it's possible that the spell breaks up any/all romantic relationship(s), but it's been a while, so you'll have to test. Did you go back to Ethel's lot? Is her marriage broken up when you load her and her lot? Then you'll know more about who the spell targets.

Anyway, I had a question of my own: Anyone ever kill a servo/have a servo die? If so, how?
I'm writing up some rules for my Mad Scientist sims and wanted to introduce the chance of a Robot Uprising, but I won't do it if they're basically unkillable. The wikia says they can die of satellites, scissors, and the cowplant, but I don't know how I'd work that into any military strategy (not to mention that the idea of a cowplant eating a robot just seems wrong). I'm hoping they can also die of fire or electrocution. I don't usually play with servos, so I'm hoping someone else has some experience.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#12405 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:55 AM
Default Terrain paint
Is there a way to rotate terrain paint? I would like the pattern below to go vertically.

Mad Poster
#12406 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:07 AM
@yavannatw - use the rotate keys (comma/period, or the pointy bracketss)

Anyways, I restored the lot from backup. Aside from my Sims getting reset, having to fix the day of the week, and that sort of stuff, everything seems to be working fine. HoodChecker came up clean too.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#12407 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

Is that while you're spraying? I tried that and it didn't work. I'll give it another go.
Mad Poster
#12408 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

That works for floor tiles, not ground cover I am afraid. Terrain paint is not a *tile* that you can rotate.
@yavannatw You probably have to edit the texture yourself, turn it in your paint program, and make a new terrain paint with it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12409 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:46 AM
Oh yeah, I'd accidentally selected a floor tile instead of the ground cover. Sorry for the misinformation.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#12410 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:10 AM
Is this something I should be worried about?

Mootilda's HoodChecker didn't pick up anything weird.
Mad Poster
#12411 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:12 AM
Nah, some of the wants are glitched up. I think the massage table and green energy sources.

Mad Poster
#12412 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:35 AM
I've had wants for massage tables and green energy sources display properly in my game. I thought the blank ones were supposed to be due to a mod conflict or something.
Mad Poster
#12413 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:43 AM
Could be. I think Squinge's LTW hack can break it.

Theorist
#12414 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Where did you put the translation in the file (in the TXT lists)? Was it in the French section or did you make a translation of the whole career and the file you have is meant to be in French first. Ah - how to explain? @Essa

How are you editing the file - directly (thus editing the TXT lists) or using Bidou's career creator plug in? And what language is your game normally installed in?

@maxon
My game is installed in French.
I didn't use Bidou's career for the editing.
I'm doing it by export the lang file in SimPE (it's named english.txt), then replace the text in English by French using Notepad++, then rename the file french.txt and import it in Simpe. I then fixed typos in SimPE if needed.

Commit and save.

Quote: Originally posted by he.mf.bg
Is this something I should be worried about?

Mootilda's HoodChecker didn't pick up anything weird.

@he.mf.bg
I have those since I recently installed a reduced LTW mod (not Squinge's one).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12415 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@maxon
My game is installed in French.
I'm doing it by export the lang file in SimPE (it's named english.txt), then replace the text in English by French using Notepad++, then rename the file french.txt and import it in Simpe. I then fixed typos in SimPE if needed.

I think this might be it if I'm understanding you properly. You replaced the English text in the english.txt file but your game is installed in French - correct? The thing is because of your language setting (French) what the game will do is use french.txt not english.txt when you play. To get around this, put the career into English for ALL languages by pressing the Default lang only button (picture) - make sure it's your translation in the window when you do. What this does is use the english.txt version for every language in your installation and wipes the rest.

Although ummmm - maybe your default language is French? oooo I dunno about that because I've never dealt with any other installation than an English one. My advice is to try it but make back ups. You know there's a career chance card tester you can access through Debug Mode?
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#12416 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:58 AM
@maxon

Quote:
You replaced the English text in the english.txt file but your game is installed in French - correct?

Yes and I changed the name of the file in french.txt

Default language is French.

Quote:
You know there's a career chance card tester you can access through Debug Mode?

I didn't know that. I'll give it a try asap.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12417 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:07 PM
I'm pretty sure your solution is going to be use the default lang only button but take care you get the right 'default' language. I'm a bit uncertain with your game being installed in French so can't give you a definitive answer there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#12418 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:13 PM
That's not a problem, I keep SimPE setup to use English (UK) as default but it still 'knows' to set English (US) as Default when clearing all except default because that is the only language used for texts that don't display in game like animations etc.

There is no need to rename the English.txt to French.txt, just import the English.txt to the French language.
Theorist
#12419 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:30 PM
Thank you both for your answers and your help.
@Chris Hatch
@maxon

I used the career chance card tester and the texts are fine.
My sim got demoted because of a hobby chance card. I didn't even know this could happen. I truly thought it was a career chance card.

Now I just need to found out why I can't build a barn roof.
Lab Assistant
#12420 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:20 PM
For some reason I'm not able to call the Garden Club members, it says "this sim does not own a phone" when I try. I could swear that it was possible before... should I be able to do it? I could always teleport them over, but that feels a bit too cheaty.
Mad Poster
#12421 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:21 PM
I'm not sure if the Garden Club members are included, but FreeTime made it so a lot of NPCs couldn't be called on the phone. SimWardrobe has a fix for it: http://simfileshare.net/download/257606/

BO does, as well: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2988

Which one you use is up to your preference.

Field Researcher
#12422 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Anyway, I had a question of my own: Anyone ever kill a servo/have a servo die? If so, how?

I am expecting this to be hugely controversial, mostly because Cyjon claims it can't happen, but I have had a servo die of flies. It was quite a shock.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#12423 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:27 PM
I would also assume that getting hit by a giant chunk of satellite wouldn't be good for a servo either, but I haven't ever tested this.

Lab Assistant
#12424 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:40 PM
@ihatemandatoryregister Oh wow, I was unaware of that. This helps a lot, thanks!
Instructor
#12425 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 9:50 PM
With all the Veronaville love going around, I'm compiling a list of ALL the premade sims* with Shakespearean names (that DON'T live in Veronaville). If anyone wants to take a look at my list and tell me if I missed anyone?
  • Ophelia Nigmos
  • (Pease)Blossom Moonbeam
  • Mortimer Goth
  • Cassandra Goth
  • Alexander Goth
  • Don (John/Pedro) Lothario
  • Malcolm Landgraab
  • Jules (Julia/Juliet) O' Mackey
  • John Mole
  • Edward Contrary
  • Elizabeth Aspir
  • Pauline (Paulina) Aspir
  • Violet (Viola) Jocque
  • (Don) Armand (de Adriano) DeBateau
  • Jessica Peterson

As you can see, I'm not terribly strict. I'm playing around with an idea and I want to have as many options as possible!

*living sims. Sorry Talbolt Contrary and Adriana Lothario!
Page 497 of 1345