Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2176 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I know it was a simple flag (true or false) in TS3. I'd be surprised if it's more complex in TS4.

It's not. I knew how to make things portable in Sims 3 and it's pretty much the same with Sims 4 Studio.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2177 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:05 PM
Apparently for the first time ever, EA is making a politically involved stuff pack.

OK ok, i'll take my bad jokes and go
Mad Poster
#2178 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
Apparently for the first time ever, EA is making a politically involved stuff pack.

OK ok, i'll take my bad jokes and go

Don't you mean this?

( stolen ; not mine)
Field Researcher
#2179 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:56 PM
But why is he feeling playful?!

AHAHAHA
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2180 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
It's not. I knew how to make things portable in Sims 3 and it's pretty much the same with Sims 4 Studio.

Wait, I’m thinking of stealable. Oh, silly me.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#2181 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
But why is he feeling playful?!

'Cause he's probably trolling CNN.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2182 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 4:04 PM
The female sim is permanently stuck with Freewill off.
Instructor
#2183 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 7:04 PM
The new patch has landed: http://simscommunity.info/2018/02/2...uary-22nd-2018/

In vacation/adventure related news, tents have been updated so that Toddlers can sleep in them.

Forum Resident
#2184 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Do I see this correctly? They actually fixed an old trait and added new ones with a normal patch? I'm really impressed.
I can't open my game right now, so quick question - Are the "improved versions of their counterparts" buyable traits from reward shop or are they normal traits you choose in CAS?
Instructor
#2185 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
I can't open my game right now, so quick question - Are the "improved versions of their counterparts" buyable traits from reward shop or are they normal traits you choose in CAS?

Hopefully someone else can answer this. No way am I updating my game until I see reports on what the patch probably breaks. :cylon:

Instructor
#2186 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland

In vacation/adventure related news, tents have been updated so that Toddlers can sleep in them.

But I just updated the game last week. Geez, guess I'll have to wait for it until the pack's out

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#2187 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 8:41 PM
The new traits are all buyable traits. The old ones are now much more expensive (10,000 points), and the new ones are just lesser versions (reduce motive decay rather than prevent it).
Forum Resident
#2189 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 10:28 PM
They finally fixed the dish washing bug from a year ago.
I don’t know anything about game development but I figure with a more stable engine it would be easier to fix things like that. Why does it take so long for these fixes it’s ridiculous.

FOR THE HORDE
Mad Poster
#2191 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:21 AM
I'm still waiting for elevators to get animation as one of the developers promised. Gee I wonder how long it will take them to get enough budget to implant that Probabbly wouldn't want to waste all of their teeny tiny investment in that :D
Scholar
#2192 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:53 AM
I welcome the much needed new Reward traits, but some are as high as 10,000 points to buy them?

This can take up a lifetime to save up, meaning you may not be able to buy too many other reward traits to save this up
Scholar
#2193 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I'm still waiting for elevators to get animation as one of the developers promised. Gee I wonder how long it will take them to get enough budget to implant that Probabbly wouldn't want to waste all of their teeny tiny investment in that :D

I only need these animated if they're gonna frickin woohoo in them! Which they better...

Also I think Roburky's variable moods are broken.
Theorist
#2194 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I welcome the much needed new Reward traits, but some are as high as 10,000 points to buy them?

This can take up a lifetime to save up, meaning you may not be able to buy too many other reward traits to save this up

Yes, because the one thing this "game" needs are reward traits that reduce something that already is a complete non-challenge to something even easier

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#2195 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 4:07 AM Last edited by Dixieland : 23rd Feb 2018 at 4:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim

I usually end up cheating the points to obtain the rewards. I don't have this problem with the Wants/Fear system of TS2 or the wishes/whatever system TS3 has--my sims always have plenty of points. But the Whims system of TS4? Bleh. I can't get into the swing of it. Maybe it's because there are only two whim slots that can be locked and the third slot can change whenever the reigning emotion switches...

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Yes, because the one thing this "game" needs are reward traits that reduce something that already is a complete non-challenge to something even easier

Clearly you are very masterful at keeping TS4 interesting enough for continuous (and prosperous) play. What is your secret?

Forum Resident
#2196 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:58 AM
I hate it when I don't like the whole concept of a new title of a pack type that doesn't get new releases often enough so I feel like I want to buy it, just because I want something new. But.... Skeletons.
Lab Assistant
#2197 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion

Yes, I'm not crazy about the update, only because the Sim I'm playing already has the 'never weary' trait, and now, he's 'never weary'. I do want my Sims to sleep a bit. It won't matter with the new Sims in the game - they can still buy the 'rarely weary' (or whatever it's called) for a reasonable amount. I sent my 'never weary' Sims to nap around 3 am, and both jumped out of bed at 5 am, even though the nap cycle had not entirely completed. (I usually get them up at 5 am, so that part isn't a problem, but no good moodlet from a completed nap.)
Mad Poster
#2198 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

They did? When was this?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#2199 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:56 PM
I don't recall this promise either, but if they did, maybe they should fix/finish the wardrobe and dressers, I mean they just walk up to them and spin around, yet didn't they use to open the drawers first, spin around, then close them?
Page 88 of 185