Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#2351 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 6:46 AM Last edited by Sketching : 21st Oct 2017 at 9:00 AM. Reason: added picture
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
LOL, H&M and IKEA existed way before Sims 2. They just got sim versions.

I actually had no idea H&M and IKEA existed because the first H&M only opened in our place last year and I thought they were just imaginary brands like WcDonald's for copyright purposes.

Advertisement
Scholar
#2352 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:50 AM
I knew that both companies existed in reality prior. I was trying to add a spoiler to say so but I left my post as it was as I thought it would be funny. Clearly someone found it funny.
Forum Resident
#2353 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 4:58 AM
I knew about IKEA, but had never heard of an H&M before. One recently opened in a nearby city. I saw it and immediately thought, "What a disappointment. The stores looked so much bigger in Sims."

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Inventor
#2354 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I actually had no idea H&M and IKEA existed because the first H&M only opened in our place last year and I thought they were just imaginary brands like WcDonald's for copyright purposes.

I can't believe that picture just reminded me of an old Sesame Street episode I saw as a youngster. Some character shaped like the letter 'W' committed some sort of crime and the detectives tried looking for him. When they did encounter him, he just flipped over to disguise himself as a letter 'M', which I think he got away with momentarily. I don't recall what happened after that.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#2355 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 6:40 AM

Wait, WcDonalds is a real place? XD I thought it was just a fake name they used in anime to avoid copyright issues.
Inventor
#2356 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 7:36 AM Last edited by Sketching : 24th Oct 2017 at 8:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
I knew about IKEA, but had never heard of an H&M before. One recently opened in a nearby city. I saw it and immediately thought, "What a disappointment. The stores looked so much bigger in Sims."

The only H&M in the region here is 3 floors. That's big for me but maybe that's standard in other countries? I can't imagine playing a 3-floor clothing shop in The Sims though!

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Wait, WcDonalds is a real place? XD I thought it was just a fake name they used in anime to avoid copyright issues.

Oh, no, it is fake and that's what it's for.

@kamoodle5 It's this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0iLTufp_bk
Inventor
#2357 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 8:06 AM
@kamoodle5 It's this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0iLTufp_bk

Wow, from 1971? Not that it makes me feel old as I wasn't around then, but it makes me happy that I watched good ol' cartoons and kids' TV shows like that as a kid.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Inventor
#2358 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
Wow, from 1971? Not that it makes me feel old as I wasn't around then, but it makes me happy that I watched good ol' cartoons and kids' TV shows like that as a kid.

I don't know if it's nostalgia, but I miss the older cartoons. Courage the Cowardly Dog has always been my favorite, but I remember The Flintstones era and later shows like Aah! Real Monsters and Rugrats, then there was stuff like SWAT Kats, Extreme Ghostbusters, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I vaguely remember Bear in the Big Blue House, Bananas in Pyjamas, and Barney.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2359 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 12:25 PM
Inventor
#2360 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I watched Mr. Rogers.

I had to look up who Mr. Rogers was. I thought you meant Kenny Rogers, the singer who co-founded Kenny Rogers Roasters.
Mad Poster
#2361 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 2:52 PM
When you have a brief moment of panic because your plumbob is missing. (To be fair, I was sleep-deprived.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#2362 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I watched Mr. Rogers.

Same, and I've seen most of what Sketching mentioned, or at least the names sound vaguely familiar like 'Bear and the Big Blue House'. I'm quite pleased that I grew up at a decade where almost every local channel had kid shows running before and after school, and Saturday mornings were all cartoons. Before the WB channel changed to CW, I watched Pokemon every Saturday morning for several years.

Test Subject
#2363 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 3:03 AM
When you're having a panic attack and think to yourself "my aspiration meter must be in the low red right now". ._.
Scholar
#2364 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 3:48 AM
When you realize you're crying like a Sim (stop what you're doing, sob and brood over all that went wrong, go back to what you're doing, repeat cycle).
Link Ninja
#2365 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 2:05 AM
When you're friends are expecting a real baby and for some reason haven't locked down names they can agree on and so they tap you for ideas for baby names since they know you've been naming babies for 10 years on your virtual people game.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#2366 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 2:49 AM
When you remember someone who really, REALLY pissed you off and you can relate to a sim who has a burning thought bubble of another sim. The expression and pose... so real. Also, when you can relate to a sim wanting to see another sim's ghost, drink a sim, or even have that sim be a zombie... or at least see that sim get sprayed by a skunk.
Mad Poster
#2367 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
or at least see that sim get sprayed by a skunk.

Wait, can sims actually want that?! I want my sims to want that!!!
Mad Poster
#2368 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 4:00 AM
Also, over a decade ago - back when Sims 2 first came out in fact - I spent an entire year or more either in aspiration failure or chatting with my cup-stick buddy. Funfunfun XD
Mad Poster
#2369 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 7:37 PM
You've been playing Sims 2 too much when... you are delighted to find a collected volume of Shakespeare's plays on sale for a good price because it will make a great source for baby names in Veronaville.
Mad Poster
#2370 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 12:28 PM
A gentleman at my church on Sunday announced that he had a new baby great granddaughter called Meadow. I immediately thought of Meadow Thayer in Pleasantview. Well, she's the only person called Meadow that I know.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#2371 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 12:30 PM
There was a Meadow in my elementary school, several grades above me. (It was a small school, around 50-120 students depending on the year.) I thought it was weird that someone would name their kid after a field.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#2372 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 9:18 AM
Considering that my game has mods that strongly affect skills and relationships, when your townies achieve their LTWs without your direction.
Mad Poster
#2373 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:09 PM
When you don't have any graphics programs, wouldn't know where to begin with textures and morphs and things, and still go around town noticing things you want in the game that nobody else will ever make because they're distinctive to your own location. Like extensive use of tile accents and murals on exterior walls, certain types of columns, limestone, asbestos shingle siding, certain colors, certain textures, certain plants...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2374 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:26 PM
And THIS is where YOU live!?? Spain? Beautiful. But that Morrocan (?) tile work IS well liked, in RL too. Actually, that house in the middle looks like a McMansion, popular here in California

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2375 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:27 PM
I think she lives in Texas, which has a lot of Mexican influences.

Page 95 of 115