Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 2:40 AM
Default Creating standalone clone fails
Back story, I've cloned objects before with no problems so I'm not sure why this specific item fails to clone properly.

I'm trying to make a separate object / clone out of Rebecah's princess bed. In SimPE, I selected Clone > And everything is set to default except for checking Standalone Object and Animations (since her beds have custom animations).

The game for some reason doesn't see this as a new object but as a recolor. It only shows up with the recolors under the original bed in Buy Mode. Any help or suggestions?

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:07 PM
Did you give it new guid/guids?

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 8:11 AM
Sorry for the super late reply.

This might be old news, but I'm unable to generate any unique GUIDs since the SimPE site disabled registrations. How do I go about doing this?

Alchemist
#4 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 2:59 PM
You should be able to create a new account or sign into your old account through SimPE (not the website, but the program). If you never signed up before: Open the package you need new GUIDs for, choose "Object Data" from the side list and click on the blue "Get GUID" link. A box will pop up and just choose a username and password and press register new user. It will work even though the site disabled registrations. And I just received a new GUID block yesterday, so that part still works too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
You should be able to create a new account or sign into your old account through SimPE (not the website, but the program). If you never signed up before: Open the package you need new GUIDs for, choose "Object Data" from the side list and click on the blue "Get GUID" link. A box will pop up and just choose a username and password and press register new user. It will work even though the site disabled registrations. And I just received a new GUID block yesterday, so that part still works too.

Thanks so much! The stuff noobs don't know, right? xD This is super helpful.