Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 8:04 AM
Default Chess board top recolors
I recently reinstalled all my sims 2 games. Nostalgia. And no matter what I do. I cannot get the top of the expensive, base game chessboard to recolor.

When I download recolors that have changed the top, those don't show up either. Only the bottom part of the chess board in changed.

I have CEP installed and I KNOW chess board recolors used to work. Did something change when I installed the University Life bundle? I can't think of any other reason why this is happening. It's very frustrating and ugly.

Playing since 2004.
“Marsh's Sim Shit” —Sims, challenges/legacies, stories, lots, and edits (updated March 2020)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 9:29 AM
It's a CEP Extra file, so make sure you have those installed to the right place.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 9:45 PM
I did have them installed and they still weren't working. But I went in and made a recolor of the chess board using the instructions here http://modthesims.info/t/213984 and starting with the "wood" color instead and for some reason that seemed to fix it.

Playing since 2004.
“Marsh's Sim Shit” —Sims, challenges/legacies, stories, lots, and edits (updated March 2020)