Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 9:16 PM Last edited by skydome : 11th Jul 2017 at 1:38 AM.
Default My mod is causing lags!!
Ok so my mod is complete, it's working fine as I want it too which is great however it's causing lag in my game which is not good the lags doesn't make my game unplayable but a lower end PC might face heavier lags. Now I think the bool Test is what's causing these lags.
I'm uploading the mod and the dll file here, so if anyone gets the time maybe they can see and figure out the problem. In the mean time I'll be testing it as well.

NewBuff is the dll file and More Real Vampires is the mod.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  MoreRealVampires.7z (40.7 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  NewBuff.7z (13.0 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 2:01 AM
I have a somewhat lower-end computer.

Would it be helpful if I were to see how much more lag it causes in my game? Or would that simply be irrelevant data?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I have a somewhat lower-end computer.

Would it be helpful if I were to see how much more lag it causes in my game? Or would that simply be irrelevant data?

That would be very helpful ghost, it'll be very useful if you try it out and tell me about it
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 2:18 PM
Ok wait!! I've been making some changes and the lags have been reduced quite a lot, keep in mind that I am using a 4gb patch tho.
I think removing the EA interaction using c# code was causing the lag. I've been using the tuning mod to remove it and the lags are no longer there!!
Further testing is required however.
Site Helper
#5 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 11:13 PM
Ok... If you can point me to the current version to test, I have a test game that I've started with 5 vampires in Moonlight Falls (Or whatever the Supernatural world is named. I can't remember which is the one I have and which is the Store world.) I've even finally got most of them to the point where they stay up all night and then sleep during the day.

But when your mod from the first post was the only thing in my game I was not seeing a lot of lag. Admittedly, this was under ideal conditions.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 11:53 AM
Thank you so much Ghost for testing it out Happy to hear there weren't much lags for you. The current version of mine is very lag free I'm currently making ITUN files to make the interactions autonomous. Chain_Reaction has also suggested some changes. When everything is done, I'll upload for some final testing and then I'll upload it here as an official mod
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:52 AM
Ok I've reuploaded the updated mod and the dll file, there are two new problems in the mod they aren't too huge of an issue but I'd like to solve them regardless.
Ok here's the story Chain showed me a way to replace EA's moodlets with my own using a C# script instead of tuning(which is how I was doing it before) and this new method is working great except for these two problems
Problem 1) moodlet name and description doesn't appear, now I know the first thing you ask when a problem like this happens is check the STBL right? Well the STBLs are working fine! because when I add the moodlet using Master controller the moddlet name and description appears fine. So what do you think the problem is? Any tips?
problem 2) The moodlet was not getting removed even after timing out, ctrl+clicking (after testingcheatsenabled) was unable to remove the moodlet and using Master controller to remove the moodlet also ended in failure! Now I managed to remove the moodlet by timing out by specifically coding it to be removed in OnTimeout method and it worked too ) However doing the same thing in the OnRemove method is not working
Any ideas or tips regarding this problem would be much appreciated.
Site Helper
#8 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 3:30 PM
Caveat: You know more about modding than I do. I'm just the one who isn't afraid to throw out a silly idea or a silly question which occasionally turns out not to have been quite so silly.

But if it needs Master Controller to add the name of the mood and it won't remove properly, it sounds to me as though it's got some weirdness going on when it's added, and the game isn't realizing it's a moodlet. Is there a difference between the way it's added and the way an EA moodlet is added?

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 10:39 PM
Yea Chain taught me a new trick to replace an EA buff with my own by using a Script instead of tuning. I was doing it by tuning before, this problem doesn't occur if I'm doing it using tuning, I'm sure some solution will come up but at the moment I'm planning on uploading the mod as is. I'll try to solve these problems in the next version. I have asked Chain about it as well.
Right now these problems aren't fatal or anything. You can't use cheats or master controller to remove it or see the name of the moodlet but other than that the mod is working right. I've been working on this mod for fa too long. I need to take a break and work on some other mods and projects for the time being and then come back to this one with a fresh mind. For now I'll probably upload this mod tomorrow or the day after.
Inventor
#10 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 12:22 AM
Ccloader load custom moodlets. There are some tutorials overall there.

Here are some funcional examples
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=594851
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
Ccloader load custom moodlets. There are some tutorials overall there.

Here are some funcional examples
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=594851

Thnx I'll check it out tho my problem is not loading custom moodlet, my problem arises when I replace an EA moodlet with a custom moodlet using script. Does CCloader do that as well?
Inventor
#12 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 2:41 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 12th Jul 2017 at 8:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Thnx I'll check it out tho my problem is not loading custom moodlet, my problem arises when I replace an EA moodlet with a custom moodlet using script. Does CCloader do that as well?

Doesn't.

Instead of replacing moodlets, you could trigger and add new one. I think it's a safer approach.