Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:08 PM Last edited by grieralexander : 12th Nov 2017 at 3:23 PM. Reason: Photos did not load
Default Sims 4 Cat and Dogs Glitch Deformed Pets
Hello everyone,
Specs 64 bit WIndows 7
Nvidia 1050 2gb
16GB RAM
i5 Processor
I had waited to even patch the game with the new patches for Cat and dogs, since I knew of the havoc EA made with Sims 3 Pets and I did not want to go through it all again. Well, EA did not disappoint, they royally messed up the game with Cats and dogs.
My pets, specially the dog face distort while they are moving (including photo). Part of the mouth is on the neck and the eyebrows stick out.
I had already fixed all my CC with Sims 4 Studio for beds and furniture that had been broken. Needless to say my saved games were trashes, although I have a backup of the old folder, prior to pets. I am even considering going back to 1.33.38 and forget the madness and cat and dogs all together.
I started a new game, deleted cache and still have the problem. So far I am able to interact with the little monsters, but they are butt ugly!
Is anyone having the same issue? Were you able to solve it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:33 PM
I'm having the same issue. I was hoping it was an issue with my mods and that updating them would fix it but it's still happening. I haven't encountered any issues other than that and while it doesn't affect gameplay, they look super ugly like that. It makes me sad to look at a cute pet but then instantly zoom out because their brows have turned into demons.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katikas
I'm having the same issue. I was hoping it was an issue with my mods and that updating them would fix it but it's still happening. I haven't encountered any issues other than that and while it doesn't affect gameplay, they look super ugly like that. It makes me sad to look at a cute pet but then instantly zoom out because their brows have turned into demons.

I did a complete game repair, it still did not solve the problem. Then I reinstall and the problem is still there. I am starting to wonder if it is something in the way we have configured the graphics for the game, but still waiting for someone in various forums to give me a reply on whay might be going on. I gave up on EA forums, since they blame it all on CC and seem not to grasp the idea when you tell tem, look! mods folder empty and it still happens. There are many bugs! Another one I picked up yesterday while doing a construction is that the ground paint disappears, randomly. Also if you use the erase tool, it seems it gets suck, so your ground cover will be kind of white-out; these are all Maxis, I don't have CC ground cover. I imagine they will put a new patch out ASP before or at Christmas. Certainly I do hope so, because the ground issue was a bug from City Living and they had fixed that, somehow they broke it again. WHat baffles me is that these bugs are random, some people seems to be OK, with a minimum of bugs.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grieralexander
I did a complete game repair, it still did not solve the problem. Then I reinstall and the problem is still there. I am starting to wonder if it is something in the way we have configured the graphics for the game, but still waiting for someone in various forums to give me a reply on whay might be going on. I gave up on EA forums, since they blame it all on CC and seem not to grasp the idea when you tell tem, look! mods folder empty and it still happens. There are many bugs! Another one I picked up yesterday while doing a construction is that the ground paint disappears, randomly. Also if you use the erase tool, it seems it gets suck, so your ground cover will be kind of white-out; these are all Maxis, I don't have CC ground cover. I imagine they will put a new patch out ASP before or at Christmas. Certainly I do hope so, because the ground issue was a bug from City Living and they had fixed that, somehow they broke it again. WHat baffles me is that these bugs are random, some people seems to be OK, with a minimum of bugs.
I've reinstalled with no improvement. My pets look normal for the first few minutes of gameplay but then their faces get deformed all of a sudden. I guess travelling to another lot may fix it, since at one point it did seem to stop but I'm not sure about this (And i'd really rather not travel to other lots everytime they glitch.)
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:58 AM
I had Facial overlays less smiling mod installed along few other mods, but I got rid of them and no more deformed pets! At least for now.... not sure if it was the cause or not though. I also deleted the cache files and repaired the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Might be this mod : http://modthesims.info/d/574482

Thanks, Had just figure it out! This mod was merged with some makeup and I missed it, somehow. Got it out and the problem is gone!