Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2022 at 8:46 PM Last edited by ZjeroXytz : 15th May 2022 at 9:38 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Apartment building acts weird for one family?
I'm having an unusual problem. I'm trying to play on my apartment lot, which in the Neighborhood looks like this:

However, when I'm trying to play as one family, the lot appears empty

For every other family, the lot appears normal:

I have been playing on this lot for quite some time (a few months at least) and it hasn't caused a problem like this in the past.
What might be the cause of this? Could it mean my Hood / game is corrupted?

EDIT:
There's more strange behavior than that. It's described in a post below.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th May 2022 at 9:52 PM
Probably something went wrong during the sublot generation, move that family out and then back in to see if that fixes it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2022 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Probably something went wrong during the sublot generation, move that family out and then back in to see if that fixes it.

Thank you for the advice!
I moved them out and back in, and while the building itself seems fine, I keep getting this error over and over again. I play with Testing Cheats on, and the error appears every few seconds.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2022 at 9:10 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2022 at 9:29 PM Last edited by ZjeroXytz : 15th May 2022 at 9:57 PM.
I've attached the log to this post. The Sim mentioned in the log, Evander, is a neighbor and not a part of the family whose lot disappeared.
Moreover, I tried visiting the neighbors as the freshly-moved in family, and the neighbors' furniture disappeared for some reason.

When I play as the family I wanted to visit, everything works just fine.

I'm thinking about moving everyone out and destroying that lot in case the neighborhood gets corrupted... or more corrupted than it is. ^^;;; Apologies for panicking a little, but it's the first time I've ever encountered a problem like this and I'm a little paranoid since one of my saves became a BFBVFS.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N007_t205.txt (82.2 KB, 5 downloads)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2022 at 9:50 PM
The sublot is generated fresh for each family, just because one sublot got broken doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the other sublots.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th May 2022 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZjeroXytz
I've attached the log to this post. The Sim mentioned in the log, Evander, is a neighbor and not a part of the family whose lot disappeared.
Moreover, I tried visiting the neighbors as the freshly-moved in family, and the neighbors' furniture disappeared for some reason.

When I play as the family I wanted to visit, everything works just fine.

I'm thinking about moving everyone out and destroying that lot in case the neighborhood gets corrupted... or more corrupted than it is. ^^;;; Apologies for panicking a little, but it's the first time I've ever encountered a problem like this and I'm a little paranoid since one of my saves became a BFBVFS.

I think the problem is just that you're using the SimLogical apartment hack and it's poorly optimized. If you get Lazy Duchess's RPC launcher, it should probably fix that problem since it increases the max number of iterations now.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th May 2022 at 9:11 PM
I've been able to play with four playable households in one apartment lot at one time without any issues in one of my own custom apartment lot builds and it worked for a very long time for me on my old computer and I would only have four households at one time moved into any partment lot at one time at the most even on my current computer as that's the limit for playable families on apartment lots if you use a no NPC neighbors Mod like I do.I'd advise learning to build your own custom apartment lots like I did when I got Aparmtne Life about 11 years ago and installed it on my old Wondows XP laptop and I would still use my own aprtment builds even if they're my older ones now on my current computer playing UC.