Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 11:56 PM Last edited by ZjeroXytz : 12th Apr 2021 at 12:02 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [solved] Second face template crashes the game and Bodyshop
Update: I have solved the issue! Turns out I was looking in the wrong place for the culprit. The file that was causing the crashes was somewhere in the "Projects" folder. I emptied it and now everything works fine.

------------------------------------------------------

Whenever I click on the second face template, or any of its parts (e.g. eyes or nose), my game immediately crashes. All other face templates work correctly. I tried running my game without any mods, but it didn't help. I don't know how long this has been going on because I usually use other face templates, so I wasn't checking this one.
I haven't tried uninstalling the game yet, but I'd like to avoid that Unless absolutely nothing else can be done...

Edit: I have discovered that Bodyshop crashes as well, as soon as the second face template (or any of its parts) are attempting to load. I can't work on custom faces, which is a big problem. :c

I'm talking about this template:
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 12:11 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Dec 2020 at 12:24 AM.
Do you have any default replacements or CC files elsewhere than the Downloads folder? Sometimes you're told to put files in the ProgramFiles location (Bin folders, for instance, to avoid the custom star), and occasionally files can hang out in the SavedSims folder. Deleting the cache files regularly can be smart, too.

If you've used SimPE, make sure the base files haven't been edited at a more recent date than the other files.

Uninstalling your game is only useful in very rare cases, so try other things first to avoid a lot of work (especially if you're using CDs). Uninstalling the game can sometimes cause more problems, so it can be best to leave that one for when you've exhausted all other options.

There's a guide here on finding problem CC: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti..._Custom_Content and other issues: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...lp:Game_Problem
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 1:11 PM Last edited by ZjeroXytz : 20th Dec 2020 at 2:00 PM.
I did as you suggested - removed my SavedSims folder, all .cache files, and the only mod I had in Program Files which was CEP.
The problem persists, unfortunately :c

I haven't used SimPE to edit any base game files.