Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:09 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 20th May 2016 at 11:15 AM.
Default Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 4: Game Packs
I don't see the point in making trillion little threads for minor game packs, so I'll make one for now and then another down the road later when this gets too big. I'll update the upcoming packs with key info here and a series of links below on this page for ease of access to past packs.

Who's ready to spend some money!?

Upcoming Pack(s):
Dine Out
Visit or Own A Restaurant!
♦ Dine out with family and friends
♦ Enjoy experimental cuisine
♦ Manage a restaurant
-----
Vacation Packs:
Jan 2015 - Outdoor Retreat
Venue Packs:
Jul 2015 - Spa Day
Jun 2016 - Dine Out

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
O_o
#2 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:12 AM
What would be included in such an update?

I want, I need, therefore I am a sim!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:12 AM
It's a bunch of camping stuff and a new community lot
O_o
#4 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:14 AM
that better be free.............

I want, I need, therefore I am a sim!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:14 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 13th Jan 2015 at 8:17 PM.
Welcome to Granite Falls!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take your Sims camping and explore the all-new destination of Granite Falls in The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat!

♦ Wander into an all-new destination
♦ Setup camp with tents, coolers and campfires
♦ Outfit your Sims in new hiking gear
♦ Enjoy unique outdoor activities
♦ Become a herbalist
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pack is similar to:
Vacation
Bon Voyage

This world is similar to:
Three Lakes

Clothing Styles(s):
-Hiking

Furniture Style(s):
-Rustic

Gameplay:
-Sims can now take vacations while traveling to special worlds. If the world is full, your household cannot travel.
-Travel lodges can be rented and/or reserved.
-Sims can visit campgrounds, or enjoy space camp. (??)
-Purchase supplies at the Ranger Station.
-A new NPC in a bear costume will prank Sims.

-There's a new Herbalist career and skill, which included for new herbal remedies and recipes.
-New insects and plants are available to collect.
-Additional quests have been included.

*Sims can sleep in tents.
*Sims can get a drink from an outdoor cooler.
*Sims may get a rash from a poison ivy bush.
*Sims can look up at the clouds or stars while relaxing on a sky-gazing mat.
*Sims can sit and roast marshmallows, fish, etc. around the campfire.

Create-a-Sim:
Male:
-Bear Costume

Female:
-Bear Costume

Aspiration
-Outdoor Enthusiasm

Traits:
Survivalist [Outdoor Enthusiasm Reward]

Buy:
-Cheap Tent
-Expensive Tent
-Tree Stump Chair
-Cut Log Chair
-Children's Folding Chair
-Cheap Folding Chair
-Expensive Folding Chair
-Rustic Dining Chair
-Rustic Couch
-Sky Gazing Mat

-Rustic End Table
-Rustic Picnic Table

-Cooler

-Lantern

-Campfire
-Rustic Guitar
-Horseshoe Court

-Bear Gnome
-Campground Clutter 1
-Campground Clutter 2
-Campground Clutter 3
-Campground Clutter 4

Build:
-Pine Tree
-Poison Ivy Bush
-Rock Collection
Screenshots

Inventor
#6 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:25 AM Last edited by Enriquebell : 17th Dec 2014 at 12:42 AM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUa-1XmQW4I
the bear is a costume, or not?

Try to Wish.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Enric277
My Origin ID Enriquebell
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simall9
that better be free.............

Don't hold your breath. Something tells me we're reaching the end of all our free stuff.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:47 AM
That wasn't free, you just bought a beta.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:57 AM
Is this a thread where one is allowed to say snarky, cynical, sarcastic or other bad things?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Is this a thread where one is allowed to say snarky, cynical, sarcastic or other bad things?

Nah. The entire forum is for that :P
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 1:21 AM

I hope so.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:42 AM

Come one, come all!

Despite my overall demeanor toward 4, I am a Sims's sheep and I shall stick beside the series through hell and high water, so I'd be an outright bitch if I turned away all the optimistic people.

Bringing guns to knife fights is also acceptable here with cash in a sealed envelope and/or diamonds. I like diamonds.

Theorist
#13 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:50 AM
Yay finally, something to speculate about! Now if only someone could find out what this first EP is gonna be, but I'm all for the Game Pack as long as it keeps us occupied till the first EP leaks.

Also Granite Falls is looking kinda small. Shame shame shame.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:52 AM

Why do I get the feeling that we are going to be using the aforementioned things in our comments rather a lot when we see what we are expected to pay for this "game pack".
Instructor
#15 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:57 AM
The rumored price is 19.99, basically what stuff packs used to cost, it contains a new world, loads of new gameplay features and interactions, new clothing and objects, I'd gladly pay 20 for all of that
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:09 AM
Granite Falls. Does that mean we get a weather system where the game makes chunks of granite fall from the sky at an exorbitant rate?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:15 AM
The only showers you're getting are showers of UV radiation from the game's perma-summer weather system, sans sun tanning.

Theorist
#18 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
The rumored price is 19.99, basically what stuff packs used to cost, it contains a new world, loads of new gameplay features and interactions, new clothing and objects, I'd gladly pay 20 for all of that

Hmm I'm thinking 29.99 which would be the median between stuff packs and expansion packs, unless they're abolishing stuff packs and replacing them with game packs then I'm all for it, because game packs would make more sense vs. stuff packs. However I believe the stuff packs could become just content packs similar to the Holiday Celebrations Pack.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The only showers you're getting are showers of UV radiation from the game's perma-summer weather system, sans sun tanning.

Well at least I've got sun lotion.. I think. That is unless I missed the sun lotion update.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 4:15 AM
Hopefully they will have a snack vending machine somewhere in this pack. It always bother me that there's really no option for sims to eat at some venues.
#21 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 4:49 AM
Goodness only knows I want to be positive, but camping!?!?!? Camping!?!?!?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Hopefully they will have a snack vending machine somewhere in this pack. It always bother me that there's really no option for sims to eat at some venues.

There are stoves that you're free to place. (I'm sure you know that already though).

Something that bugged me when I played - Nightlife & Late Night - I'm sure these were fast sellers for TS2 & 3, and the whole "bar/club/lunge" aspect of both were added into TS4's base game. With all of the decor for restaurants lying around, and I'm certain it's hard to miss shuffling through the catalog, where are the chefs?

It's like they either hate adding restaurants or they see it as a super special money maker. Idfk...

Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Goodness only knows I want to be positive, but camping!?!?!? Camping!?!?!?

All and all, it works sort of okay with the travel system in place. Traveling from town to town is free (for some odd reasons), but camping out and traveling has never costed a dime and generally shouldn't.

This makes me wary about how they'll handle travel in upcoming expansion packs. We can already "vacation" to a new town and never pay for it. What's maintaining the fiction when traveling to a tropical island or something?

Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
There are stoves that you're free to place. (I'm sure you know that already though).

Yeah but having a sim using a stove in a gym or a public library is kinda wrong lol.
Theorist
#24 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:36 AM
The world is a vacation world aka a destination. There'll be rentals, lodging and campgrounds and much more . The info is all here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...allows-and-more
On the first 5 or so pages. Also, there's an announcement coming on Friday regarding this, potentially.

Additionally, the mystery of the Aliens may have been solved, as there's a mention of space camps and a quest...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 6:01 AM
Oh, this is vacations? I guess they're gonna give us vacations packs like this.

And I checked the thread. 1 Neighborhood?
5 lots?

Oh, EA... you spoil us.
lol What space?

Page 1 of 185