Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:39 PM
Default Aspiration help, losing progress on levels.
I am currently making an aspiration based around completing whims. Level 1, the objective is to achieve 50 whims. Level 2, to achieve 100. This works fine, however, once you have earned 50 whims and go to the next level of the aspiration, those 50 whims arent carried over, so instead of just earning another 50 to reach 100, you have to complete the full 100.

Can anyone help me with the code, as to how I can carry previously completed whims over? I'm assuming the completion type would need to be a test.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="Objective" i="objective" m="event_testing.objective_tuning" n="objectives_Asp_Fulfilled_A1_1" s="13786609480617458453">
  <T n="display_text">0x5247936D<!--Complete 50 Whims--></T>
   <V n="objective_completion_type" t="iterations">
    <U n="iterations">
      <T n="iterations_required_to_pass">50</T>
    </U>
  </V>
  <V n="objective_test" t="whim_completed_test" /> 
  <T n="satisfaction_points">500</T>
  <T n="tooltip">0x4252DF96<!--Your sim wants to live their life, according to their whims. Hover over whims to see how to complete them.--></T>
</I>
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:27 PM
That counter is tied to the objective itself, so having it carry over to another objective would require script modding. It seems like it would be far simpler (and easier to maintain) to just change the text of the level 2 objective to something like "Complete an additional 50 whims."

There are some tests that use totals collected over the life of the Sim, but these are all tied to the "total_XXXXXX" variants of the objective_test and whims are not one of the available total_ options.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 8:27 PM
Perfect Scumbumbo, I figured there must be something going on as I tried absolutely everything but options for adapting whims in the game xml seems very limited. Thanks for your help as usual.