Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 19th May 2015 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Frosty Dr.
Lemme just say that I put the kernel32.dll file in my game bin just in case, I removed it after that it did nothing, but I didn't do anything with a d3d9.dll, i don't know if its meant to be there, or not, i'll remove it just in case.

IT WORKED!!! IT WORKED!!! MY SIMS LAUNCH AGAIN! THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I removed that dll, and the game launches again!

THANK YOU!

I am very pleased it worked. I suddenly had a thought, why is that file in there when it should be in your system folder? So happy your game is working again.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 19th May 2015 at 11:45 AM
Sorry I didn't get back but I have been busy with work and kids....
I'm so glad you got it sorted, I pasted a copy of my bin folder in an earlier post without those files in there as well and I actually thought you had deleted them from yours. LOL I didn't realise you left one of them in there.
I'm glad you didn't have to reformat. Although Im surprised that when you uninstalled the game it didn't remove the whole folder and place a new one there (minus the problem .dll file) when you reinstalled it... Anyway happy simming....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th May 2015 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Although Im surprised that when you uninstalled the game it didn't remove the whole folder and place a new one there (minus the problem .dll file) when you reinstalled it... Anyway happy simming....

Well, as I said, I didn't actually redownload the whole game, I did a trick install. I copied the install folder into a backup folder, uninstalled the game, made sure the folder was removed before placing the copied/backed up one back in place, then install, it verified the files, and it was installed again, but little did I know that that problem dll was in the backed up folder, meaning it got pasted in. If I had done a complete reinstall, the problem would've been solved. But that would've meant a 10GB download. Still, problem solved, avoided reformat, windows repair, and redownloading the game. Imagine what would've happened had I done windows repair? Problem would've still been there, lol.

I'm glad I can finally play with my simmies again! :D

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, That is why it is called the Present"
Page 2 of 2