Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Making Default Replacement CC just... regular CC?
Hey all,

I've been googling this for awhile now but all I can find is how to turn cc INTO a default replacement, when I want the opposite. There's a lot of cc out there that I really love but is only available for download as a default replacement. I just want it as regular cc alongside the original maxis content. I looked at tutorials for how to turn cc into default replacements, assuming I could just reverse the process, but it doesn't appear that is the case... How can I take cc that was uploaded as default replacements and just turn it into regular cc? Is it possible?

Thanks very much!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:39 PM
for objects/hacks; their GUIDs would need to be unique for them to not be replacements.
hair/skin/eye; I think it is their "family" line in Property Set resources.
other types of replacements; not sure.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:51 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Dec 2017 at 9:38 PM.
For objects, it's safest to clone an object and then give it a new GUID (as you'd normally do when making a new object). You can extract the texture and mesh from the replacement (mesh as obj/GMDC, and texture as png) and put it into the new object. Defaults often lack certain resources, and if you just change the GUID there might be other issues - this depends on how the default was made.

For clothes, accessories and hairs, you need to make a new file in Bodyshop (most of the time you can recolor the default replacement), and then link it to a standalone mesh. You can extract the GMDC from the default file if there is one.

For eyes and makeup, just make a recolor in Bodyshop and it's automatically standalone.

For skins you can usually make a recolor and it will be standalone. Just be aware that some skins may use showerproof meshes, and you'll usually need those meshes for the new skin to show properly.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 3:12 AM
If a default for an object or outfit simply replaces the Maxis textures, you can make it into CC by using SimPE's Object Workshop or Body Shop to make a recolor package. For objects, that'll probably be good enough. For clothes, you'll get better results if you use SimPE to Extract the largest image in the default's MipMap, and use Build DXT... to import it into the recolor package.

A clothing default that replaces the Maxis mesh may include a custom version of the mesh as well as the default replacement version. In that case, you can extract the custom GMDC, GMND, SHPE, and CRES, and import them into a new mesh package. Otherwise, if you can't find the CC mesh for that outfit, you can extract the replacement GMDC, GMND, SHPE, and CRES, import them into a new mesh package, then use Tools > Object Tools > Fix Integrity on that mesh. Once you have a standalone CC mesh, however you got it, load the recolor package into SimPE and click on the 3IDR in the Resource List. You may need to wait a minute or two, but once the 3IDR appears in the Plugin View, use Tools > PJSE > Body Mesh Tool > Linking Stage to link it to the standalone mesh.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 8:35 PM
I was a bit premature earlier wrt objects that have default replacement textures. After making a recolor package in Object Workshop, you'll still need to Extract the largest image in the default's MipMap, and use Build DXT... to import it into the recolor package. Body Shop will see default replacement textures in Downloads, but Object Workshop won't.