Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 4428
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 840 times.
Search this Thread
Old 19th Feb 2019, 1:03 AM DefaultUnwanted Spawns? #1
nitromon
Original Poster

Mad Poster

7 Achievements

I've had this issue for quite a while now, but for the most part I just lived with it b/c I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or just poor game design. But the more I think about it, the more I think it might be a bug... maybe related to a mod?

From the screenshot, you can see there are several apples on the ground. However, this lot does not have apple trees. This seems to happen all over the world, on any lot and randomly. Now, after a bit, whether save or reload, the apples disappear but the "shadow" remains... looking like a grey dot. I can't remove it except with move object on or use shift+ctrl delete. When I move it with move object, it shows a grill cheese plate.

It is a nuisance but it is quite ... abundant. It happens on any lot, anywhere, indoors out doors upstairs... etc...

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this? Or know what is causing it? Or is it just part of the game dynamic?

Thanks
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-775.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  164.0 KB  

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 7:44 AM #2
igazor
Mad Poster

This looks to me like the bug that happens when sims sell items like produce while the game clock is paused. Except in that case, the duplicate produce items that tend to land on the ground all disappear instantly once the clock moves forward again (and they do not turn into grilled cheese plates). Maybe not the same thing then, but just seems like it might be related. Any pattern of behavior on the part of your actives, like selling stuff or moving inventory around from one "container" to another, by container I mean any object or sim that can hold an inventory, that seems to be triggering these?
Old 19th Feb 2019, 9:16 AM #3
nitromon
Original Poster

Mad Poster

7 Achievements

I absolutely have no idea what is creating these or when they started showing up. I do have the farmer's market thing, but I rarely go there or use the produce carts. Perhaps the NPC sims are doing something?

So funny thing... you see in the screenshots, those apples? In build mode, they don't exist. Also, I think it might be related in some way to reset town. I think when the town is reset, those apples turn into those grill cheese plates. But I'm also wondering if the ones indoors are not apples, but the dirty laundries? Perhaps during reset, they're removed but the shadow remains?

lol iono, I'm all out of ideas.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 2:13 PM #4
igazor
Mad Poster

What kind of unexpected objects show up on the list if you run an MC > Object Stats > Non-Inventory on the lot menu when this happens? Are they really showing as apples there or something else and can you select to Flush them that way?
Old 19th Feb 2019, 3:02 PM #5
nitromon
Original Poster

Mad Poster

7 Achievements

well I don't know if it is normal or not? But I have a lot of seeds, prepped food plates, etc... I think it might be the seeds b/c I have try deleting them before, and after selecting the seeds, in the menu after it show all sorts of vegetables including apples, etc...

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 3:12 PM #6
igazor
Mad Poster

I don't know about normal, but I've never seen this. I'm guessing you do have some overactive seed spawners around someplace, even if they cannot be seen. If I saw food prep plates, not actual platters of prepared food that I know are in the fridge or sitting on a table, on such a list I would be very quick to flush them out though unless one of my sims was actually preparing food at the time.

I know this may sound like a foreign concept to you but (takes deep breath)...clean run?
Old 20th Feb 2019, 2:09 AM #7
nitromon
Original Poster

Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
I know this may sound like a foreign concept to you but (takes deep breath)...clean run?

I know I should eventually? but I just hate these issues that can't be shown up quickly... I would have to play a clean run for a bit, save and reload before seeing it.

Here's a screenshot of what the shadow thing looks like:
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  food.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  200.6 KB  

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 3:32 PM #8
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
I know I should eventually? but I just hate these issues that can't be shown up quickly... I would have to play a clean run for a bit, save and reload before seeing it.

Here's a screenshot of what the shadow thing looks like:

Do you have a bad or outdated food mod?

I ask because there is no recipe in game called "food". Just to make sure, I open my game to check. One of my sims is at the top of the culinary career and can make all the recipes in game.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 5:20 PM #9
nitromon
Original Poster

Mad Poster

7 Achievements

I don't think I have any food mods. But just curious though, what examples of food mods would there be? I have like "no taste like fridge" mod, is that one?

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 5:41 PM #10
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
I don't think I have any food mods. But just curious though, what examples of food mods would there be? I have like "no taste like fridge" mod, is that one?

Technically yes as it involves food. Have you tried removing it to see what happens? I'm guessing you don't have any custom food in your game called "food" ?

I have one called "Meals Anytime" which allows sims to cook whatever they want versus only being allowed to cook breakfast things at breakfast and dinners at dinner time. All the recipes come up as they should.
Old 21st Feb 2019, 12:19 AM #11
nitromon
Original Poster

Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Technically yes as it involves food. Have you tried removing it to see what happens? I'm guessing you don't have any custom food in your game called "food" ?

I have one called "Meals Anytime" which allows sims to cook whatever they want versus only being allowed to cook breakfast things at breakfast and dinners at dinner time. All the recipes come up as they should.

Hmm... Well, I do have a lot of custom food objects like bread, burger, cake, etc... but they're not spawnables. I think eventually I'll just have to give this a clean run. It's just that it doesn't show up right away, I think it requires playing a bit and even a few town resets. I'm still not convinced they're just food b/c the ones on the outside seems to be originally seeds of some kind and the ones indoor are on floors all over the house, even in the bedroom. I'm suspecting they were originally dirty laundry. Somehow the game replaced them? But they don't have any object, just a shadow until I pick them up. Also, they require move objects to pick up.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 21st Feb 2019, 6:12 AM #12
Norn
Scholar

17 Achievements

Are all your food/seed addtions/replacements and modifications compatible? Like, not trying to spawn or use objects of EPs you don't have installed? Witches conjure apples all the time but you don't have that EP installed if I understand that correctly. So maybe you have something installed that *also* affects something you don't even have installed? Just a wild shot in the dark.

Section jump: