Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3676
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 2268 times.
Search this Thread
Old 8th Feb 2019, 5:56 AM DefaultReally badly need to get past the load game error and recover my saved game #1
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

Today I've been struggling frantically to get my saved game to start up. But it keeps giving me the load game error message. Up until now, I would only occasionally get this message. And when I did, it was just a simple matter of restarting my computer. Or restarting the application.

Not today however. It won't go away, and won't let my saved game load no matter what I do. But I have to make sure that I can recover my data somehow. I can't afford to lose it.

I've tried these methods http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...or_Has_Occurred but nothing has worked. I tried downloading and installing Unlocker. But when I right clicked on the folder, Unlocker doesn't appear on the list of options, so I can't unlock anything. The game is not currently marked as Read Only.

I tried this method as well. https://mattterrabyte.wordpress.com...recovery-guide/ But it didn't help either. Though that might have been because I didn't use Moonlight Falls as the main neighbourhood when creating a temporary game to test on.

Before anyone suggests this. I DON'T have a backup of my saved game. So I cannot use it to recover my saved game. I really am at a loss as to what I'm expected to do. The only thing I do know is that I cannot afford to lose this data.

It might not have been too bad if I could just extract the data. Like I know with SimPE it is possible to extract the appearances of your Sims. But I don't know any way of doing this with Sim3PE.

I have downloaded FPS Limiter and 3booter but I haven't used either of them yet, which is partly because I'm feeling really defeated at this point.
Old 8th Feb 2019, 7:08 AM #2
nitromon
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

hmm too bad i don't have moonlight falls, else i could ask you to upload the nhd file.

anyways, the few times i did get this error, i tried a couple of things and it worked. (before you do anything, back up this save first)

1) delete cache, pretty sure you did this already. make sure you also delete scriptcache and maybe caspartcache.
2) run kuree's savegame cleaner on the save

Now give this a few tries, sometimes it takes more than 1 try to get it to boot up.

If it still doesn't load, rename your TS3 user folder to a backup name. Start the game and let it create a new one. Then "copy" your mods, dccache, and save folders from your backup over to the new user folder. Now give it a try, see if that works.

----

If you manage to recover the save, the first thing you should do before you start playing is (while game is paused).
1) reset the town via NRAAS MC
2) NRAAS MC --> town option --> object stats --> global --> delete all unnecessary objects such as canes, limos, buses, football, baseball etc... shouldn't be many. If you have a few thousand books, that's usually a book corruption, so delete those books.
3) NRAAS MC --> household option --> object stats --> select ALL --> local --> at the top, delete any "social jigs" or "sims placeholders."
4) save the game.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 8th Feb 2019, 11:42 PM #3
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

I tried. But it doesn't seem to have done anything. Assuming I did it right. It doesn't seem to have cleaned up anything that wasn't cleaned up already.

Even if my saved game doesn't make a full recovery, it really would be nice if I was able to extract my playable Sim's household along with the occupants. Along with the other houses with their occupants, and the cemetery. Since those are the things that I need the most. And a few other things if I'm able to.
Last edited by C.Syde65 : 9th Feb 2019 at 12:57 AM.
Old 9th Feb 2019, 1:26 AM #4
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

Too bad I don't know anyone in person that would know of possible ways to fix this problem. Then I would be able to get them to help.

I do remember my game taking a while to save the last time. And I saved it to ensure that I didn't lose any work that I had done that day. I do remember experiencing issues with buy/build mode when editing other Sim's houses. Since for some reason I found myself unable to pick up any of the objects. As the game assumed that I was trying to edit the walls and floors, which I wasn't.
Old 9th Feb 2019, 1:39 AM #5
nitromon
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Unfortunately, I think your save is more damaged than originally thought. Though rare, this did happen a couple of times. Is it possible to recover? I don't know at this point. Have you checked the size of the NHD file? If it is significantly lower than what it should be, it means a bulk of the data was not saved. When you save, TS3 creates a backup automatically in the save folder. Did you check if there was one? I'm sure you probably did, I'm just checking.

there is 1 more trick you can try, but... I don't have a lot of hope it would work. Start a new game with a different world. Immediately save the new game. Then "copy" the NHD file of your broken save into the new world save. Now, make sure you are using NRAAS traveler. Load the new save game then "travel" to your old world using Traveler. See if that works.

----

One more last resort. Very little chance especially if the above doesn't work. Copy the save into a backup first. Then delete the traveldb.package and your town's exportdb package. Now try to load the game. This is only assuming the damage were in those 2 files not the nhd file.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 9th Feb 2019, 1:45 AM #6
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

No I didn't keep the backup, as I'm used to the game either saving successfully. Or the game throwing an Error 12. I checked the NHD file and it isn't lower than what it should be. I suppose I could give what you've just suggested a go.
Old 9th Feb 2019, 1:52 AM #7
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

Oh, would I have to have my Sim travel to a new copy of Moonlight Falls, travel back to the other town. Save the game. Then replace the new copy of Moonlight Falls with the old copy?
Old 9th Feb 2019, 1:54 AM #8
nitromon
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

You don't have to do the 1st travel. After you save the game from loading, just copy the NHD of moonlight fall into the new save. Quit to main menu, load that save, and then travel to moonlight flal. It will instantly load the NHD file when you travel.

(You can check the currentgame folder to see if moonlight fall nhd was copied into there when you load the save)

----

btw, the NHD file is basically just a big package file. you can use S3PE to extract everything in there. The problem is, you have to know which file is which to know what to save etc... that requires someone with more knowledge of packages. Some people on here might be able to help you. @igazor

---

Actually there IS one more way... but it requires CAW. Do you use CAW?

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Last edited by nitromon : 9th Feb 2019 at 2:07 AM.
Old 9th Feb 2019, 2:09 AM #9
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

That didn't help. Though I still haven't tried the "last resort" suggestion that you gave.

I used to have CAW but I deinstalled it because it wasn't relevant to my cause at the time. But I could try reinstalling it.

What you said about S3PE sounds good. I mean, that's what I've been wanting to do ever since I realised there may be a situation where my saved game won't make a full recovery. But it is way beyond my knowledge. And the only way imaginable that would work would be giving someone else my saved data so that they could tamper with the copy and see whether they could get it to work. But I'm not sure of any sites that would allow users to upload that kind of data since it would mean uploading data that uses up a lot of MB.
Old 9th Feb 2019, 2:13 AM #10
nitromon
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Ok, it looks like your nhd file is severely damaged. If you know how to use CAW or maybe someone on here can help you. I don't use CAW and I don't have moonlight fall, else I would do it for you.

It is assumed whatever error is in the save has to do with the game mechanics, etc... so your lots and your sims are still intact. You can import the NHD into CAW as a world file. Then from there, you can "extract" them either in CAW or in the game.

Download the tutorial here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...959#post5078959

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 9th Feb 2019, 2:41 AM #11
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

I'm downloading it now. But I'm not sure what I'll need to do once I've finished downloading and installing it. Since I don't know how to use CAW.
Old 9th Feb 2019, 2:57 AM #12
nitromon
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Syde65
I'm downloading it now. But I'm not sure what I'll need to do once I've finished downloading and installing it. Since I don't know how to use CAW.

unfortunately, neither do I. You can try posting in the "general" TS3 forum and ask for some help. I know several members here who use CAW, they just don't read the "help forum"

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 9th Feb 2019, 8:52 AM #13
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

Okay. I'm still feeling rather ticked off. Especially given that I only had 3 more videos left that I wanted to record. Which makes it a real bummer that this had to happen. One of them shouldn't be too difficult because it will need to be done in a different world anyway. Another of them just needs to take place inside the property of my current saved family, and it won't matter if it's not in the same world because it will need to take place underground. Only the third one will need to be done as if nothing happened.

Section jump: