Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 6603
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 980 times.
Search this Thread
Old 8th Feb 2019, 3:03 AM Defaulthow to change road to match hood terrain type? #1
Natpop
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

Games: Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life

I am currently playing with this hood (Emerald Heights), but I noticed after installing a road default replacement it wasn't showing up for the hood. Then I noticed that seems to be because the game thinks the hood is using a lush type terrain - it has a strip of green grass between the maxis road and footpath.

Apparently the terrain type cheat doesn't fix this properly - ugh.

I found this thread that discusses this issue and how to fix it (see link below), but hex editing is well and truly beyond me. I downloaded a hex editor and opened the extracted SimPE file, but then my brain exploded trying to work out what I was looking at and how I could possibly follow Moo's instructions...

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=445472

I'm wondering, is there an easier way to fix this problem? I did think of using Moo's hood replace program to replace the terrain with the exact same sc4 map, but of the desert type. However, the map in question doesn't seem to be available for download.
Old 8th Feb 2019, 12:34 PM #2
simsample
The Camera Eye

Games: Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
19 Achievements

View My Journal

Yes, you can use hood replace. You don't need the SC4 file, Hood Replace uses a source neighbourhood to copy the terrain from. So just make a new neighbourhood with the terrain type that you need (using any SC4 template), and then use Hood Replace to copy the terrain from Emerald Heights.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Old 8th Feb 2019, 12:43 PM #3
Natpop
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

@simsample oh ok, thank you!! I haven't used Hood Replace before, so didn't know it was so simple! :D
Old 9th Feb 2019, 2:56 AM #4
Natpop
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

Hmm, I tried hood replace, but there's still green on the median strip... grrr!
Old 9th Feb 2019, 4:55 PM #5
simsample
The Camera Eye

19 Achievements

View My Journal

In lot view, or hood view, or both?

-RUSH
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Old 14th Feb 2019, 4:01 AM #6
Natpop
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

@simsample both :/
Old 14th Feb 2019, 1:26 PM #7
simsample
The Camera Eye

19 Achievements

View My Journal

Ugh, it looks like Hood Replace is copying the 'incorrect' NGBH over.

Looks like you'll have to resort to hex editing that, as Mootilda describes. As it's an empty neighbourhood, you could try replacing it with an NGBH from an empty desert terrain hood, but I'm not sure if that will have any side effects.

-RUSH

Section jump: