Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 6621
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 777 times.
Search this Thread
Old 30th Jan 2019, 12:42 AM DefaultMerge .dbc files #1
donica
Original Poster

Test Subject

Hello,
I installed a lot of sims3packs, but later also I deleted many items in the launcher. In result I have a lot of small .dbc files in my DCCache foler. Is there a way to merge them into some big ones? I only know how to do this with .packages.

Old 30th Jan 2019, 3:14 PM #2
Ghost sdoj
Site Helper

7 Achievements

View My Journal

The only way I know of would be to remove all the dbc files from the folder and then reinstall the sims3packs you want to keep.
Someone else might have a better idea.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Old 30th Jan 2019, 8:23 PM #3
donica
Original Poster

Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
The only way I know of would be to remove all the dbc files from the folder and then reinstall the sims3packs you want to keep.
Someone else might have a better idea.

The problem is sims3pack files are sets, so if I want 3 items from it I need to instal for example 10 others... And uninstall the rest so I will get the same result...
Old 31st Jan 2019, 6:59 AM #4
Mandelyn
Lab Assistant

Or you could turn the sims3packs into packages and only put in what you want. You can extract them with Delphy's multi extractor
http://modthesims.info/d/364038/del...-sept-2009.html , then just keep what you want as packages.
Old 31st Jan 2019, 5:30 PM #5
Ghost sdoj
Site Helper

7 Achievements

View My Journal

Just note that the package version and the sims3pack version are not the same thing as far as the game is concerned. Anybody or anything that was using the sims3pack version will no longer have it if you remove it and install it as a package. You will need to manually go in and fix that.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook

Section jump: