Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3432
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 157 (Who?), Viewed: 16342 times.
Search this Thread
Old 15th Mar 2019, 4:34 PM #151
AGuyCalledPi
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Dumb question but do you have World Adventures? Both objects were cloned from it, I believe, to varying degrees and it may be required to support them.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Old 15th Mar 2019, 4:49 PM #152
obiokoli10
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Ok, starting to fill in the world- please let me know what lots are permissible to be used.

Just as a disclosure, there might be some small tweaks done to lots to help them fit into their surroundings a bit.

Below is a map of the lots, the black dots indicate lots that have been accounted for. White dots are lots that will be adjusted in size in the final build, so builds for those may have to happen later on.

Hey, I'm new here, but I've been researching Boroughsburg since January - it's really nice and it's probably my favorite Sims 3 world!
Referencing this map, I noticed a lot of these lots could be filled up with Mspoodle's lots.

I know you're collaborating with @mspoodle1, but I just want to make sure these beautiful lots find their way into your Boroughsburg fill-in - I noticed you hadn't marked them as "accounted for".

Mspoodle's lots:
http://mspoodleplus.tumblr.com/post...-bundle-of-lots
http://mspoodleplus.tumblr.com/post...dle-of-lots-for

Also, these are some lots houseof84sims has furnished, but they use a lot of cc - might be useful for anyone who wants to redo with TS3 furnishing:
http://houseof84sims.tumblr.com/tagged/boroughsbur

Lastly, you might find this thread useful - it explains how to add functional subway stations (the ones used in Bridgeport) to an existing town. But I understand you may not want these, as you already have the main subway station:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...o-sunset-valley
Old 16th Mar 2019, 2:24 AM #153
simsmidgen
Lab Assistant

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangsiyunjocelyn
Hi guys I have a question about cc conflicts. I download and play this map and I love it so much! However, the train and the moving vehicles on the bridge are not there...I delete all my ccs and leave only files of the map and reload the game. This time the train shows up but the moving vehicles are still missing.
is there anyone having the same problem? And do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much!!

Do you have the overrides file in your overrides folder? Sounds like you might have something in the wrong place, if you have all required EP's. You did install all the cc, even the decrapped stuff? I didn't initially as I have all the EA content, but things didn't show up for me without installing the decrapped items. I would read the install instructions closely again if I were you, it's not the easiest one to follow and does require some attention, but I'm sure it's just a case of something in the wrong place. Good luck
Old 16th Mar 2019, 3:37 AM #154
wangsiyunjocelyn
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyCalledPi
Dumb question but do you have World Adventures? Both objects were cloned from it, I believe, to varying degrees and it may be required to support them.

Hi thank you so much for reacting to my question. I have World Adventures. I don't have pets, supernatural and into the future.
Old 16th Mar 2019, 3:53 AM #155
wangsiyunjocelyn
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsmidgen
Do you have the overrides file in your overrides folder? Sounds like you might have something in the wrong place, if you have all required EP's. You did install all the cc, even the decrapped stuff? I didn't initially as I have all the EA content, but things didn't show up for me without installing the decrapped items. I would read the install instructions closely again if I were you, it's not the easiest one to follow and does require some attention, but I'm sure it's just a case of something in the wrong place. Good luck

Hi thank you so much for reacting to my question. Yes I installed all the cc and put the override file in the overrides folder...I read the instructions again and it seems that I have followed every step...
Since I move all the other ccs excepts files of Boroughsburg and find that the train appears. I am wondering whether there is cc conflict. But I have use the tool on MTS to check the conflict and find no such results...
Old 16th Mar 2019, 4:09 PM #156
jje1000
Alchemist

6 Achievements

What visual settings do you have on? I remember if you don't have advanced rendering on, the cars don't show up.
Old 16th Mar 2019, 7:57 PM #157
AGuyCalledPi
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

I never figured out what Advanced Rendering does, exactly. Same with Animation Smoothing. I guess one enables some slightly fancier shader effects while the other does some sort of fuckery with the starts and ends of interaction animations?

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Old 17th Mar 2019, 12:14 AM #158
nitromon
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyCalledPi
I never figured out what Advanced Rendering does, exactly. Same with Animation Smoothing.

There's a more detailed description here: https://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/...ms3performance/

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.

Section jump: