Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 4286
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 7347 (Who?), Viewed: 318692 times.
Search this Thread
Old 27th Jan 2019, 3:45 AM #6926
BlueAlien
Forum Resident

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 869


@smorbie1 and @Sims2Christain I think you're right about it being a glitch with the teleporter cat, or maybe not even with the cat but with the lot. There's a tile just inside the gate on that lot where a couple of Sims have stopped and yelled about something blocking their way (only since Lady Betty died), and when Xander called a cab for college, it showed up but he couldn't get into it and walked instead. Never seen a Sim walk to college before!
Old 27th Jan 2019, 7:30 AM #6927
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 15,252
Thanks: 1434 in 10 Posts
13 Achievements


A plantsim's water motive goes up when kissing, making out, and woohooing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 27th Jan 2019, 7:57 AM #6928
RoxEllen1965
Alchemist

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,907


While downloading way too much neighborhood deco, I came across the following posts on Lowedeus' blog. They show real life objects that inspired some of the objects in Sims 2.

furniture - http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/177...ims-2-furniture

wall art - http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/177...-sims-2-posters

build mode - http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/180...-2-architecture
Old 27th Jan 2019, 1:00 PM #6929
FranH
Mad Poster

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,465


That the game has an awesome memory.
I'm playing in the 'medieval' era when there were no formal banks established. In order to keep the pixels' money secure, I cheated a wee bit and put Monique's computer in the "Banker's Lot" where all the gold and precious items collected by the ruling family had stored them.(it's a community lot). The pixels had been saving every 5 thousand they collect to save for the future. They all had decent amounts of money collecting interest. (at least $5,0000 each).
Then came the day when for one reason or another I had to swap out the downloads folder for the older version. Which did not have the computer in it but I did not know this until playing a session. I was convinced that all that money was gone-never to be replaced.

But I went ahead and put the computer back in (there is a limit to my ability to suspend my disbelief. That was one of them.) and hoped that it could be possible that it kept the memory of the money being banked.

I found out the next time I played that it did, indeed, remember the money-and now the pixels have their fortunes still in the bank, collecting interest. So many dowries are now saved from oblivion, if only the pixels would have some girl babies!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Old 27th Jan 2019, 1:59 PM #6930
meginmd
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 148


Quote:
Originally Posted by lazzybum
I like how he carried alot of the same items


Those plants lined up agaisnt the wall were only the ones I kept! He had 4 of one, 5 of another, so on and so forth! And those two fish tanks are in ADDITION TO the one I kept and put upstairs!
Old 27th Jan 2019, 2:00 PM #6931
meginmd
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 148


Quote:
Originally Posted by ieta_cassiopeia
You never know when you'll need a spare fishtank,,,


Or two. He had 3 fish tanks. THREE.
Old 27th Jan 2019, 2:53 PM #6932
Sunrader
Top Secret Researcher

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,708
Thanks: 3 in 1 Posts
2 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
While downloading way too much neighborhood deco, I came across the following posts on Lowedeus' blog. They show real life objects that inspired some of the objects in Sims 2.

wall art - http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/177...-sims-2-posters



Oh, how funny. I didn't know that Champagne poster was in the game, but the other day, looking for posters for my bar, I found the original on a great site with vintage ads and did a recolor of Grill Cheese with "Champagne" in Simlish!
So funny I chose that same one. http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/alcohol-ads-1930s
http://www.dee.email/OPEN/SimPics/champagnepoker.jpg


Quote:
Originally Posted by meginmd
That my Sim married a hoarder! All of this--quite literally, plus other things I sold for cash--were in his inventory:

@medinmd, how awesome is that! I love surprises in the game. How did it happen? Was he a townie with a shopping addiction or what?
Old 27th Jan 2019, 3:01 PM #6933
Fyren5
Instructor

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 564


If a pet has a collar on, your Sim can "Check Collar" and you'll get notified who the owner is! I've never seen this before! It was cool.

Edit: Only for pets that are not in the active household. :D
Old 27th Jan 2019, 4:18 PM #6934
meginmd
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 148


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
Oh, how funny. I didn't know that Champagne poster was in the game, but the other day, looking for posters for my bar, I found the original on a great site with vintage ads and did a recolor of Grill Cheese with "Champagne" in Simlish!
So funny I chose that same one. http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/alcohol-ads-1930s
http://www.dee.email/OPEN/SimPics/champagnepoker.jpg



@medinmd, how awesome is that! I love surprises in the game. How did it happen? Was he a townie with a shopping addiction or what?


He was just a sim my legacy founder brought home from work one day! That's all. I gasped when I saw his inventory.
Old 28th Jan 2019, 1:58 AM #6935
Charity
Mad Poster

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,651
Thanks: 3392 in 41 Posts
14 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by meginmd
He was just a sim my legacy founder brought home from work one day! That's all. I gasped when I saw his inventory.


He was probably a very successful burglar.
Old 28th Jan 2019, 3:53 AM #6936
RoxEllen1965
Alchemist

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,907


Quote:
Originally Posted by meginmd
He was just a sim my legacy founder brought home from work one day! That's all. I gasped when I saw his inventory.

I've had sims marry in with lots of junk in their inventories before, but nothing like your hoarder! That's mind-blowing!
Old 28th Jan 2019, 4:21 AM #6937
Orphalesion
Scholar

Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,257


Wait...Townies have random stuff in their inventories when you marry them/move them in? Never noticed that. Then again, I hardly ever marry townies in, so...

Does that also happen if they're user-created Townies (meaning townified CAS Sims)?

Avatar by MasterRed
Old 30th Jan 2019, 10:31 PM #6938
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,521


I guess playing with a wolf fetch doesn't count as greeting (Unless it's a one-time oddity).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Old 30th Jan 2019, 11:52 PM #6939
Bigsimsfan12
Mad Poster

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,188
Thanks: 38 in 1 Posts
2 Achievements


While Andrea Hogan was running on a treadmill, Danny Pilferson (teen sin helping run his Mum's gym homebusiness, with some fitness and sports entheusiam) had the option to "become personal trainer". Never seen that option before and it didn't reappear when Kennedy Cox was running on the treadmill nor when I was playing as his mother Jessie. It's too bad that when I clicked it, Danny ignored the interaction because he was sleepy. I would've liked to have seen what that looked like or know what causes the option.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 31st Jan 2019, 3:08 AM
Bulbizarre
This message has been deleted by Bulbizarre. Reason: Never mind. It was dumb.
Old 31st Jan 2019, 3:15 AM #6940
StrangeTownChick
Scholar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,198
Thanks: 541 in 14 Posts
7 Achievements


I have discovered that I may need to replace the mouse on my simming computer. The scroll wheel keeps getting stuck, which is annoying cause I use that to adjust the camera angle a TON. Since I only use that computer for sims nowadays, I didn't notice it til I went back to playing the other day.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Old 31st Jan 2019, 4:05 AM #6941
Coriel_Muroz
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 106


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
While Andrea Hogan was running on a treadmill, Danny Pilferson (teen sin helping run his Mum's gym homebusiness, with some fitness and sports entheusiam) had the option to "become personal trainer". Never seen that option before and it didn't reappear when Kennedy Cox was running on the treadmill nor when I was playing as his mother Jessie. It's too bad that when I clicked it, Danny ignored the interaction because he was sleepy. I would've liked to have seen what that looked like or know what causes the option.


You get the option to offer personal training when you have a higher body skill point count than another sim. Clearly Kennedy Cox has a lot of body skill points and Jessie's are low.
Old 31st Jan 2019, 4:38 AM #6942
FranH
Mad Poster

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,465


I've been pleasantly surprised by the fact that toddlers, if they're really bored, will go seek out a parent to read to them. It's so adorable.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Old 31st Jan 2019, 2:40 PM #6943
Bigsimsfan12
Mad Poster

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,188
Thanks: 38 in 1 Posts
2 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriel_Muroz
You get the option to offer personal training when you have a higher body skill point count than another sim. Clearly Kennedy Cox has a lot of body skill points and Jessie's are low.

Ah! Thank you! I presumed it was hobby enthusiasm related... or that the game realised the owned business was a gym. I'll have to get Jessie (owner of the gym)'s body skills up then.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 31st Jan 2019, 6:45 PM #6944
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 7,435
Thanks: 264 in 12 Posts
5 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I've been pleasantly surprised by the fact that toddlers, if they're really bored, will go seek out a parent to read to them. It's so adorable.


Not so adorable when a parent walks away from their cooking to read to the toddler and nearly burn the house down. Squinge's "don't walk away from stove while cooking" seems to fix that, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Old 31st Jan 2019, 9:00 PM #6945
FranH
Mad Poster

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,465


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Not so adorable when a parent walks away from their cooking to read to the toddler and nearly burn the house down. Squinge's "don't walk away from stove while cooking" seems to fix that, though.


yeah, that is a problem, which is why it's recommended that one has the hack in their game. They start enough fires without toddlers helping stoke things up..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Old 31st Jan 2019, 9:40 PM #6946
grammapat
Mad Poster

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,554
Thanks: 4 in 2 Posts
3 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
A plantsim's water motive goes up when kissing, making out, and woohooing.

You mean their need for water is being filled?! I had no idea these activities are so JUICY! I must be doing it wrong...
PS: I always thought woohoo should make a Sim tired, hungry, and DIRTY!

Namaste
Old 1st Feb 2019, 8:54 AM #6947
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,521


Tempus interruptus powers downs servos. Kinda stupid it doesn't turn them on when the effect wears off.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Old 1st Feb 2019, 10:49 AM #6948
Sunrader
Top Secret Researcher

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,708
Thanks: 3 in 1 Posts
2 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
You mean their need for water is being filled?! I had no idea these activities are so JUICY! I must be doing it wrong...
PS: I always thought woohoo should make a Sim tired, hungry, and DIRTY!


Would be really funny if they came out from under the covers with the green stink. I might need to mod that.
Old 1st Feb 2019, 10:55 AM #6949
simsample
Edge Of Darkness



Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 20,603
Thanks: 8995 in 34 Posts
19 Achievements

View My Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Wait...Townies have random stuff in their inventories when you marry them/move them in?

Yes, it's one of my favourite things to get as many ridiculous items as possible in there. One of my sims had a shop where he sold these:

He worked hard to sell those to everyone, and of course my sims try to pass them on by giving them as gifts... so far I haven't found a single townie without one in their inventory.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Dutch.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  7.6 KB  

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Old 1st Feb 2019, 2:57 PM #6950
Pideli
Forum Resident

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 786
Thanks: 167 in 4 Posts
8 Achievements


Renaming skin files in the SavedSims folder apparently is a no-no. I got a mini heart attack when I saw all my newly made skins were gone in Bodyshop. Moving them to the downloads folder solved the issue. *phew*
Reply


Section jump:


Powered by MariaDB Some icons by http://dryicons.com.