Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 5436
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 80 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM DefaultWould using build/buy mode during a fire break the game? #1
zystem
Original Poster

Test Subject

This is a question that's been on my mind for some years. When there's an event like a fire, burglary, or the SW comes, the buy/build mode options grey-out and are inaccessible.

I'm most certain this was done to prevent things like making the game way too easy. Example: "Oh no, my house is on fire, I forgot to get an alarm! Instead of extinguishing it or calling the fire department, lemme just buy the alarm right now and put it above the fire :P" Y'know?
Or something I wanted to do ALWAYS as a kid: block out the social worker, something like put a fence around her. (Doesn't matter, a friend I tried an experiment in grade 4 and she has teleportation powers.)

Would gaining the ability to buy/build during these events cause the game to freak out? Has anyone ever done this before? I don't know of any cheat that lets you enter the buy/build mode from live mode because why on earth would that need to exist?

19. male. he/him. autistic (this is not an excuse but an explanation.)
Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM #2
Fyren5
Instructor

I've used the Sim Manipulator mod to enabled Build/Buy during a burglary multiple times. As far as I know, it didn't break my game.
Old Today, 12:23 AM #3
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

Not at all. I just use a shortcut to the cheat 'dorm on' and if I want I will even turn on move objects and delete the fire.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 5:28 AM #4
grammapat
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

I have a mod that allows that (& also being able to add things to a community lot when you take a Sim there). But NOTHING will stop the Social Worker (or pet rescue) from taking kids,etc. If they can't reach them, them will just "POOF" them out of the house.

Namaste
Old Today, 6:00 AM #5
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

I think you can. Apart from a no social worker mod you can also transport the child out to another lot with christianloves transport mirror. I don't think she could poof them from another lot. Far better to use a sensible SW mod though IMO.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~

Section jump: