Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 4197
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 117 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 1:43 AM DefaultIs there a mod that stops dormies' room objects from hiding? #1
Gabby2805
Original Poster

Test Subject

4 Achievements

I know that this was implemented to save old potato PCs from having to render so much stuff, but in 2019 I think we all have a machine that can handle it. So, its nothing but a nuisance!
I'm looking for a mod that stops this from happening so I can see the objects and sims inside dormie rooms in live mode. Does anyone know of such a mod and could provide me a link?

Thank you
Old Yesterday, 2:10 AM #2
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Dunno If you know (but you may), but receding the empty-room illusion will just show Sims loitering, which is what they do when entering them. So unless a mod programs in such behavior, this is sort of disclaimer that you may not like what you see (objects visible; zombie-dead sims just standing without interaction with anything).

Sorry If this comment comes as random, but I thought it would give this kind of insight. Also, would have better answers If you posted in WCIF, but no matter - I think admins will move this thread to there at their own.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Old Yesterday, 2:38 AM #3
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

Hit buy and build mod to see in the dorm rooms. All you will see is the furniture and a sim standing there. Dormies don't actually do anything in their rooms but stand.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Yesterday, 2:56 AM #4
CaliBrat
Top Secret Researcher

21 Achievements

Just as an added note ... because I ran into this once .. lol. All items in a dormies room can be sold as they're useless with the exception of a bed. They must have a bed or else they'll wander around the dorm itself and never enter their room to 'recharge'. They might have a desk in their room, but do they use it? Most times not a they prefer to clutter up the cafeteria, or any desk outside their room, with their homework ... lol.
Old Yesterday, 8:55 PM #5
Bigsimsfan12
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
Just as an added note ... because I ran into this once .. lol. All items in a dormies room can be sold as they're useless with the exception of a bed. They must have a bed or else they'll wander around the dorm itself and never enter their room to 'recharge'. They might have a desk in their room, but do they use it? Most times not a they prefer to clutter up the cafeteria, or any desk outside their room, with their homework ... lol.

I remember when University first came out, I use to make 1 sim and put them in the biggest dorm, then just sell all the stuff in all the other dormie's rooms to give my sim more money.

It's a shame they just stand there doing nothing once they enter their rooms. I don't like the blank rooms either - though I'm more annoyed about it because when my sims pledge a greek house, the greek members seem to love disappearing off into rooms. I have to enter buy mode to find them (and usually just pull them out with moveobjects - just for them to run back in!).

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old Yesterday, 9:31 PM #6
Sunrader
Top Secret Researcher

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
I remember when University first came out, I use to make 1 sim and put them in the biggest dorm, then just sell all the stuff in all the other dormie's rooms to give my sim more money.

It's a shame they just stand there doing nothing once they enter their rooms. I don't like the blank rooms either - though I'm more annoyed about it because when my sims pledge a greek house, the greek members seem to love disappearing off into rooms. I have to enter buy mode to find them (and usually just pull them out with moveobjects - just for them to run back in!).

I haven't tried dorms, but in apts, I just keep the private apts virtually empty and everything happens in the common area. Wouldn't that work for dorms, too?
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM #7
Bigsimsfan12
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

While things do happen in the common areas, all sims have access to each others dorms (unless the door is locked) unlike with apartments - that means if a non-playable character (anyone invited over, cheerleaders, mascots, etc) enters the dorm that a non-playable character owns, they'll turn invisible and just stand zombie still in the dormie's room. Only way to check where they are is to either have a playable character enter the dorm room or to view the dorm in buy mode. I'm not sure what seems to attract non-playable sims to random dormie's rooms so much, but it drives me insane - that's the only place they seem to want to hang out, no matter how many pool tables, computers, tvs, bookcases etc are in common areas.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM #8
Devon Aster
Forum Resident

There is a mod to stop non-playables from disappearing into the dorm rooms (no vanish in dorms found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F ). Fun thing I found out is that if you use Squinge's college pack for main hood college, a party invitee going to a party thrown by a Uni student at an apartment may decide to go disappear into a neighbor's apartment. Ginger Newon did this to me once. And since the build/buy trick doesn't work for grabbing errant visitors in apartments, it was something of a bear to get her out again. She was stuck in there not only until the neighbor went inside but was also in a friendly enough mood to allow my sim to enter.

Section jump: