Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 6052
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 18407 (Who?), Viewed: 438283 times.
Search this Thread
Old 20th Feb 2019, 4:26 AM #17676
Sunrader
Scholar

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
Speaking of Social Status. does status actually DO anything? Like make it harder or easier to make friends?
Doesn't it just determine which groups move into apartments or something like that?

Why isn't the Create forum displayed like all the others? I have a hard time seeing what's recently posted. Also, the site news... I only see links to it from the front page that I have to load specially to get back to it. Like, where's a normal link for the Crumplebottom challenge? I have to find the banner or the front page side menu for it every time. Am I just missing something obvious?
Old 20th Feb 2019, 4:48 AM #17677
lordtyger9
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
I've only played that lot briefly, so I'd never noticed it, but, I just did it, and yeah, it changed the lighting. I'm also just noticing the roof is poking through the ceiling. Oh, Maxis.

According to my research the Lighting Dims on that Lot at Night, some people might like the spooky nature of that, but like I noted I found it rather annoying after a few days or so.

Thanks for letting me know on this. As for the roof issue, since I am likely to add another floor or so and then rebuild the roof it should not matter when I get around to actually using the lot.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 4:51 AM #17678
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

The Create forum has been changed into "Upload." I don't know how to get straight to the challenges, either, but would think "Mod the Sims" or "Site" would be the place to start looking.

Social groups are what govern who moves into apartments. Social status involves your reputation and affects some OFB perks, networking results, how strangers interact with you, etc. It's possible people with bad reputations/low social status get their trash kicked more often than others do, but the only sim I ever had with a bad rep was Esteban Casa, the Grouchiest Man in Drama Acres, and I never tried to keep track of who was kicking his can over, whether total strangers or people he'd picked fights with.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 20th Feb 2019, 5:08 AM #17679
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

I always go here http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=558

Chat, help, challenges and everything else Sims 2 related are all spread out there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 20th Feb 2019, 9:35 AM #17680
RoxEllen1965
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
I found the lighting in The House of the Fallen Trees annoying. I did some research by looking at old threads and according to what I read to change it, you have to type in the cheat window 'SetLotLightingFile clear'.

My question is pretty simple, anyone tried the cheat on this lot and if so did it work?

Yes it does work and I've used it quite often. I added the cheat to my userstartup.cheat file and gave it an alias.

alias lightfix "setLotLightingFile clear"

I don't use Maxis templates anymore so I don't see this problem as much as I used to, but I distinctly remember having the same problems with the lighting on several other lots after I first installed Nightlife. Some of the other lots in my game that were afflicted with the dimmed lighting were: Capp Manor, Sim State University's lounge lot, The Lulu Lounge in the default Downtown. I think the Secret Society lot at Académie Le Tour may also have been affected. The only reason I remember any of this stuff that far back is that I was trying to take screenshots and remember grumbling a lot about the lot lighting (I didn't know what caused it or how to fix it back then).
Old 20th Feb 2019, 10:48 AM
Emerald1234
This message has been deleted by Emerald1234.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 7:38 PM #17681
mdsb759
Alchemist

AnyGameStarter.
if an AnyGame was made permanent, could AnyGameStarter's installer reverse it? or would the folder need to be replaced by a backup?
Old 21st Feb 2019, 3:35 AM #17682
Charity
Mad Poster

14 Achievements

My current camera mod (Gunmod's) isn't zooming out far enough in neighbourhood view for me to see exactly where I'm placing my skybox/horizon. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Old 21st Feb 2019, 3:45 AM #17683
Rosebine
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Even pressing TAB does not help?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Old 21st Feb 2019, 4:19 AM #17684
suzymarie64
Field Researcher

How do you hire a gardener to help me at my produce store. I want them to harvest and plant too.
Old 21st Feb 2019, 4:24 AM #17685
Rosebine
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

You'd probably want to visit Sims wardrobe, and get the Employee gardening mod and some other goodies?
https://web.archive.org/web/2016030...imwardrobe.com/

Old 21st Feb 2019, 4:27 AM #17686
Charity
Mad Poster

14 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Even pressing TAB does not help?

Thanks, that showed me that my skybox was too small and that's why I kept seeing gaps in it.
Old 21st Feb 2019, 11:22 AM #17687
AndrewGloria
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

For those of you following the story of Amy Dent and her brother Donald (post #17604 and posts on following pages), I can report that Amy and her brother are now townies, as I originally planned. Though they may not stay townies for long. As I reported elsewhere, Amy and Donald spent the day in the downtown Changing Hut before I made them townies. During that time they got a visit from a Welcome Wagon team that included Ginger Newson. I couldn't help noticing that, when Ginger thought about Donald, there were little love hearts round his picture. I got Donald to check her out, and he was attracted to her too. When the other guests left, and afternoon turned to evening, while Amy fell asleep on the sofa, the two teens squatted on the floor and chatted with each other. As they talked they felt that they had a lot in common; Donald loves and feels responsible for his little sister. By the time Ginger left, around midnight, they were very firm friends and I'm sure they'll take things further. When in the past I've tried to introduce Ginger to eligible local boys, she has made it abundantly clear to me that she just wasn't interested -- at least certainly not in as romantic sense. Now it looks as if she's found a soul-mate at last!

So many, many thanks to everyone who helped me with this problem. For the second time in a few days we have surmounted what looked like a major obstacle, and my Veronaville Sims keep marching on. They, and I, would like to express our sincere gratitude.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Old 21st Feb 2019, 3:00 PM #17688
suzymarie64
Field Researcher

Quote:
You'd probably want to visit Sims wardrobe, and get the Employee gardening mod and some other goodies?
https://web.archive.org/web/2016030...imwardrobe.com/

I downloaded all I could for employee management, but nothing is giving me the option to select an employee to be a gardener or a harvester.
Old 21st Feb 2019, 3:24 PM #17689
Charity
Mad Poster

14 Achievements

There's a gap between my horizon box and my terrain. Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong?
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  desert.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  205.4 KB  
Old 21st Feb 2019, 4:10 PM #17690
Rosebine
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzymarie64
I downloaded all I could for employee management, but nothing is giving me the option to select an employee to be a gardener or a harvester.

You clicked on the object on the site, and read the description/instructions, yes?
There is also a readme file in the zip. I personally never had trouble making this work...
Since other gardening hacks can interfer with that one, have you checked with HCDU to see if anything would come up as a conflict maybe?

Old 21st Feb 2019, 4:41 PM #17691
suzymarie64
Field Researcher

Quote:
You clicked on the object on the site, and read the description/instructions, yes?
There is also a readme file in the zip. I personally never had trouble making this work...
Since other gardening hacks can interfer with that one, have you checked with HCDU to see if anything would come up as a conflict maybe?

I did run it. No conflicts with any of them. In the game MY Sim is the only one allowed to be the farmer. Would like my employees to be farmers too.
Old 21st Feb 2019, 4:54 PM #17692
Rosebine
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

It's been a while since I assigned any sims, I'd have to go test in game to be able to help you more. In the meantime, someone else might know exactly what's up....

Old 21st Feb 2019, 6:33 PM #17693
pannisim
Lab Assistant

Is there a workaround for that modular stairs issue with apartments?
Old 21st Feb 2019, 8:33 PM #17694
iCad
Undead Molten Llama

27 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
There's a gap between my horizon box and my terrain. Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong. You just need to install Skyfix and make sure it's the latest version, which is the one that gets rid of or at least reduces that blue at the edges of the terrain. If you've already got that version, then often older skies/horizons haven't had their layering fixed to be compatible with Skyfix. (It's an easy fix in SimPE, if necessary; there's instructions on the Skyfix download page.) That looks like one of my horizons, and I happen to know that they're all Skyfix compatible. I'm not sure about the sky you're using, though. It could also be causing the blue edges, if it's not Skyfix-compatible and needs to be fixed.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Old 21st Feb 2019, 10:40 PM #17695
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannisim
Is there a workaround for that modular stairs issue with apartments?

As I understand it, the modular stairs issue only arises if you use a stage for a landing. Make sure they're straight and unambiguously in or out of the apartment, and you should be okay.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 21st Feb 2019, 10:50 PM #17696
DrewInTheSky
Instructor

I klnow it sounds more like a WCIF but I kinda of have the answer so I want to try to ask here: I know recoloring lights it's quite different from recoloring a common object but is there anyway to make a functional invisible recolor of the neon flamingo/NL Light Disc?
I'd like to have some colorful lights when I take in-game pictures, but the only ones I found requires changes to the lighting.txt files which I'd rather avoid since I'm using DP's lighting mod... Any alternative ideas or similar items?
That's what I'm talking about:
http://modthesims.info/d/257636/mul...rty-lights.html
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=91821
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=92373
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 3:09 AM #17697
Kukamuukaanmuka
Field Researcher

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
You didn't do anything wrong. You just need to install Skyfix and make sure it's the latest version, which is the one that gets rid of or at least reduces that blue at the edges of the terrain. If you've already got that version, then often older skies/horizons haven't had their layering fixed to be compatible with Skyfix. (It's an easy fix in SimPE, if necessary; there's instructions on the Skyfix download page.) That looks like one of my horizons, and I happen to know that they're all Skyfix compatible. I'm not sure about the sky you're using, though. It could also be causing the blue edges, if it's not Skyfix-compatible and needs to be fixed.

Something about this bugged me, but only today I remembered what.

I only use seasoned horizons, that was the thing, only resently I wanted to try out a NON seasoned version for Strangetown. I got the blue thing, and I DO have latest skyfix and all that.

So, I tested it. @iCad , I hope you wont be mad I used your horizons, ALL of the non seasonals do the same.

So, here:
Addin a non seasonal horizon with latest skyfix

Then adding the seasonal one:

ignore the name of the hood, its finn..
I was just thinking if @Charity here and @grammapat at other section also used non seasonal?

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Past the point of no return,
No going back now,
Our passionplay is now begun.
Past thought of right or wrong, final question, how long have we wait before we're one?
~Andrew Loyd Webber (Phantom Of The Opera)

If curious, my Widespot+LGU+Bigg City
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 4:59 AM #17698
grammapat
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Yes, I only have NON-seasonal. Thanks..

Namaste
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 5:06 AM #17699
grammapat
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Yes, I only have NON-seasonal. Thanks.. Bad enough I like some terrain replacements, but not others; but trying to match them with horizons is making me crazy...and then there is the issue of the lot-view SIDEWALK grass not matching (some terrains include them, some don't). And, as usual, when something about the game becomes WORK...well I just wander away.

Namaste
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 5:34 AM #17700
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

I know there's a fix for this, and I thought I knew what it was, but it's not working so here I am.

Adult David Ottomas bought a business and he and Sharla went out together to set it up and have a grand opening. Everything went well and I saved. But when I told David to go home he spent about 12 hours wandering around whistling and tapping his wrist. I forced error with the batbox and it didn't help.

So I made a batch of sims to be townies, used the teleporter to summon and move David and Sharla in, had them "find own place," made everyone else a townie, and returned to the neighborhood screen, but I couldn't merge them with their original household because of the business being saved with someone visiting it. So I moved them back into the lot where I'd made the townies and tried to send them to the business; but I couldn't go there because it was saved with them on it. And I can't open the Ottomas house to invite them to move back in, for the same reason.

So, where did I screw up and how do I fix it?

Section jump: