Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 6114
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 18382 (Who?), Viewed: 436454 times.
Search this Thread
Old 18th Feb 2019, 5:58 PM #17651
Sunrader
Scholar

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
What face template does Mrs. Crumplebottom have?

I have one in my game, but, I, also, don't know how to tell. I have a clone of her open in SimPE, if you want to tell me where to look. I'd like to know that.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 6:35 PM DefaultExtra Sim on Downloaded Lot #17652
Tleilaxu3
Instructor

Really fantastic OLD lot : modthesims.info/download.php?t=341000
Fallout 3 - Museum of History (Underworld)

Squeam is not on MTS that I could see.

Question : Since this is a community lot-- I was surprised to see a SIM on the 2nd floor by the Hair salon chair. Do I delete her ? (Gina Pai)
Or is she just a "preview" of what sim will appear by the hair salon chair when I start playing the lot ?

Also, the large pallet bonfires in the building have had the 'burn' animation removed ; does that mean all of the pallet bonfires lose their burn animation ? Didn't want to lose that since it plays a role in my apocalypse hood.
There is nothing in the description about a global mod for the large pallet bonfire that would affect all other pallet bonfires.
So maybe it's a mod for just this lot ?

I just downloaded this and placed it in my hood.. but haven't played it yet by having sims come visit.
Should I just delete it ?

Went in a looked at this lot while in-game , the second time I'd entered it before allowing my sims to 'go there'.
The second visit, the lights were all turned on , and the sim standing by the makeover salon chair was gone !

Didn't play it with my sims ; but exited the game and looked at the Character Files in the my doc. area of the game ; and it said 222 Ch. files !
So the added sim in this community lot counts as a sim !!!

Fortunately there was a backup I'd made, and it had 221 Ch. files.
Not sure, but this lot might be borked ?
I know deleting sims is a vbt.

" Inama Nushif "
Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 18th Feb 2019 at 8:49 PM.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 9:24 PM #17653
Giga
Field Researcher

Load order and conlicting mods;

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Unclaim - TEST
Group ID: 0x7FB22737
Instance ID: 0x0000200B
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\creaturefixes.package
\downloads\zVisitorsBehave.package

Procedure Name: Interaction - Play - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F441294
Instance ID: 0x00002011
\downloads\zLoopFixes.package
\downloads\zzzzComputerFixes.package

Procedure Name: Interaction - Browse Web/Blog - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F441294
Instance ID: 0x0000209D
\downloads\zVisitorsBehave.package
\downloads\zzzzComputerFixes.package

I really want to have the loop fixes in my game too even though it is not recommended in the sticky essential mods threads because I hate that start doing action, drop it immedially, start action again etc. : http://cyjon.net/node/123

the other 2 are from the recommended lists. and I have made sure that computer fixes load after VisitorsBehave as per here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:K...recommended_DLC

computerFixes: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0
visitors behave: http://cyjon.net/node/227

Is it safe to leave these conflicts? If so, which load order should I use?

1st creaturefixes
2nd Visitors Behave
3rd ?
4th ?
Old 18th Feb 2019, 9:40 PM #17654
iCad
Undead Molten Llama

27 Achievements

View My Journal

Conflicts can't hurt your game -- as in, can't hurt installation files or neighborhoods -- so they are all "safe" in that sense. The question is how you want your game to work. Is it currently working the way you want, without "jump bugs" where Sims are constantly resetting and without, say, missing pie menu options? If so, then you're fine. If it's not working the way you want, then you noodle around with load order and see if you can fix it that way. If you can't, then you'll have to make decisions about what to keep and what you'll have to let go of.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 11:44 PM #17655
AndrewGloria
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

@Tleilaxu3

This Sim that appeared in the hair salon. Did she just appear when you opened the lot in Buy/Build mode to look at the lot? Sims do occasionally appear on community lots when you open them in Buy/Build mode. I think it's because for a tiny fraction of a second the lot is opened as if it were in Live mode, and sometimes it's long enough for an appropriate NPC to spawn. I've seen a chef appear in a Downtown restaurant this way. She will be a "real" Sim. If you already have a hairdressing chair on an unowned community lot, the game will probably have used an existing hairstylist. But if this is the first unowned hairdressing chair in the neighbourhood, the game would create a new one. It's not necessarily a sign of corruption. By opening both the current 'hood and the backup in SimPE, you should be able to check just who the 222nd Sim is

All told, seeing you have a recent backup, then you are safer to restore from it rather than just playing on. But you shouldn't have to give up on the downloaded lot if you like it. There are ways to clean lots to make them safe. I believe Jawusa is the expert on the subject. squeam says, "Clone Tested: 2 days" so it looks like they play-tested a copy of the lot rather than the original.

I suggest that you open the sim2pack file with Clean Installer, and look to see if there's anything in the file that shouldn't be there (like Sims or global mods). Delete any such content before proceeding. Then install the lot in a test 'hood (preferably one with no Sims at all). Examine it carefully there before installing it again in your "proper" 'hood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome back home Rosebine! I was too preoccupied with my own problems to greet you when you posted a few days ago.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Last edited by AndrewGloria : 18th Feb 2019 at 11:56 PM.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 11:48 PM #17656
Rosebine
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Thank you AndrewGloria! Feels great to be back.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Old 19th Feb 2019, 12:05 AM #17657
Giga
Field Researcher

@iCad Oh really, that's a relief! TS2 is so different from TS3.

I noticed just now when the game loads, the screen flashes to black very briefly once until it goes to the neighbourhood selection menu.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 12:18 AM #17658
Tleilaxu3
Instructor

Thanks, AG , and J&S !

" Inama Nushif "
Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 19th Feb 2019 at 5:47 AM.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 3:50 AM #17659
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

@Tleilaxu3 it sounds like the person who built that lot had the salon chair spawn a NPC. These days we say its safest for creators to check the lot for any 'live' actions but especial NPC's and clean the lot before packaging. In build mode while building a community lot the lot can 'go live' while saving.
If I was you I would revert to a backup if you have one. if not, clean the lot: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188 You can now do so easily with the add on to Lot Compressor. Then I would run Hood Checker.

Andrew since this is an MTS lot it should not have sims or hacks.

Good to see you back @Rosebine.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 19th Feb 2019, 4:31 AM #17660
Rosebine
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Thanks Jo!

Old 19th Feb 2019, 11:11 AM #17661
lordtyger9
Scholar

Sims File Share is down again. I tried to get MidgeTheTree's updated VC Mod, but no joy with and with out the www.

Anyone have an idea as to when the fix to what ever is wrong will happen?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 5:14 PM #17662
iCad
Undead Molten Llama

27 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
Sims File Share is down again. I tried to get MidgeTheTree's updated VC Mod, but no joy with and with out the www.

Anyone have an idea as to when the fix to what ever is wrong will happen?

The site is down for a bit while they pull a full backup, part of efforts to get everything working well again: https://simfileshare.tumblr.com/pos...owntime-warning

Basically, keep an eye on their tumblr. They're good about answering questions and making updates about what's going on. But, you know, bear in mind that this is a person with a real life, too. It's not like there's a whole team of techie employees working on this stuff. Patience is a virtue, and no one's gonna die if they can't download a piece of CC exactly when they want it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 5:57 PM #17663
Giga
Field Researcher

What are popular skins and defaults currently? Looking for good hair as well.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 7:58 PM #17664
marka93
Mad Poster

28 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMixPls

I have had "You Are What You Eat" now for well over 8 years and they have worked for me, Maxis Match plus over 20 different ones not only defaults.

They look way better in game than what the link show: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=9469.0

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Old 19th Feb 2019, 8:12 PM #17665
RoxEllen1965
Alchemist

Quote:

Everybody has different tastes in this area. What's popular right now may or may not be a look that you're interested in. What do you prefer in the area of skins and hairs?
Old 19th Feb 2019, 8:16 PM #17666
Rosebine
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Quote:

What helps also, is to go take a look at other people's sim pictures, in the Picture Forums. I am pretty sure, most of us know, what our sims are wearing, so we'd be able to let you know if ever you like what you see..

Old 19th Feb 2019, 10:45 PM #17667
Giga
Field Researcher

@RoxEllen1965 I don't know my preferences yet that why I wanted to download a bunch of popular stuff and then nuke one by one until I only have stuff that suits me I used to like ultra realistic but I think now my taste is more maxis match but not that maxis match as in it's purest form. It always depends on each individual mod

I find that many old blogs that I liked do not exist anymore and browsing modthesims downloads people have dead links to genetics and meshes

@Rosebine cool didn't think the picture forums were that active here anymore
Old 20th Feb 2019, 12:11 AM #17668
lordtyger9
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
The site is down for a bit while they pull a full backup, part of efforts to get everything working well again: https://simfileshare.tumblr.com/pos...owntime-warning

Basically, keep an eye on their tumblr. They're good about answering questions and making updates about what's going on. But, you know, bear in mind that this is a person with a real life, too. It's not like there's a whole team of techie employees working on this stuff. Patience is a virtue, and no one's gonna die if they can't download a piece of CC exactly when they want it.

Thanks very much for the info @iCad dear. I posted the info you gave and quoted you with credit to a Sims 2 group {a closed group} I belong to on Facebook. BTW It was the updated VC Mod by MidgeTheTree and a new one by her: Matchmaker Name Fix. I certainly don't need to get either right now though.

Take care.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Old 20th Feb 2019, 12:36 AM #17669
miriamnz
Field Researcher

Is reputation only affected when sims interact with townies? I ask after watching Armand DeBateau and Samantha Cordial having a prolonged and heated barney on a community lot - with plenty of poking and fisticuffs. Yet, they both came away from the fracas with their Social Celebrity status intact.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 1:31 AM #17670
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

No, playables affect it too. I have hardly any townies, just a handful and all my playables have some level of reputation from horrible to great.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 20th Feb 2019, 2:26 AM #17671
miriamnz
Field Researcher

Thanks joandsarah, that confirms what I had always thought. Which is why I'm confused that these two Belladonna stalwarts could make such a spectacle of themselves on a community lot, without it affecting their impeccable social standing. They were not my active household at the time - I made them selectable to check out the damage, only to find their reputations had incongruously remained intact.

I had been wondering if the game allocated reputation for inactive sims based on their personality profile? I've observed a few of my nicer inactive CAS sims tend to become Social Celebrities very quickly, having made very few appearances on community lots - or at least not that I've noticed anyway.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 2:29 AM #17672
Rosebine
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Social Celebrities...I don't remember seeing this title for any of my sims!
I should go play...

Old 20th Feb 2019, 3:57 AM #17673
lordtyger9
Scholar

I found the lighting in The House of the Fallen Trees annoying. I did some research by looking at old threads and according to what I read to change it, you have to type in the cheat window 'SetLotLightingFile clear'.

My question is pretty simple, anyone tried the cheat on this lot and if so did it work?

Old 20th Feb 2019, 4:11 AM #17674
Sunrader
Scholar

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
I found the lighting in The House of the Fallen Trees annoying. I did some research by looking at old threads and according to what I read to change it, you have to type in the cheat window 'SetLotLightingFile clear'.

My question is pretty simple, anyone tried the cheat on this lot and if so did it work?

I've only played that lot briefly, so I'd never noticed it, but, I just did it, and yeah, it changed the lighting. I'm also just noticing the roof is poking through the ceiling. Oh, Maxis.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 4:23 AM #17675
grammapat
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Speaking of Social Status. does status actually DO anything? Like make it harder or easier to make friends?

Namaste

Section jump: