Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 4987
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 18391 (Who?), Viewed: 436747 times.
Search this Thread
Old 17th Feb 2019, 1:20 PM #17626
AndrewGloria
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Peggy used different numbers for the same hair, and seemed to change her numbering system over the years. But it seems to be the one named PeggyFreeMeshHair0029-female-07506-black.package and 7 other colours. The mesh is peggyhairmesh0029-070506.package. I'm pretty sure I got it from SimsCave after Peggy's site stopped working. It is in archive 2007-3.rar and inside the archive it is in subfolder Free - ID #003101.

All that I know at present is that the black child version doesn't work in my game. It is possible that my disk problems have corrupted the file. I'll try to make further tests.
I replaced my files for that hair with newly extracted ones, and it still caused the game to crash when Beatrice Monty changed her hair to it. It also crashed if I gave her coffee-coloured hair instead of black. So that hair really doesn't work for child-age Sims. At least it doesn't work in my game. I've now removed it from my game. When I have the time, I'll try testing it in my base-game AGS, and see if it works for other ages. I wonder if it's fixable. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else cares to test it, how you get on. I suspect the hair is fixable.

With that hair removed Amy (with a slightly different Peggy hair) and her teenage brother Donald have now moved into the downtown Changing Hut. I'll let them stay there for the day, so they can meet some of the locals, and then change them into townies, as was my original intention. Here they are:

Being able to fix Amy, contrary to my earlier expectation, means that I can go on playing the 'hood instead of reverting to backup. While I thought I was going to have to revert to backup, I moved all my other Bin families into adjacent houses that I hurriedly built for them in Greaves Avenue in downtown. This was really just to test that there were no more problems, but they're there now. I won't make them go back to the Bin. Some I'll probably leave there long term; others might move to other parts of the neighbourhood. It's an unexpected development as far as I am concerned, but I'm sure it will add a bit of interest
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Amy Dent and her brother Donald.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  15.9 KB  

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Old 17th Feb 2019, 2:43 PM #17627
marka93
Mad Poster

28 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMixPls
cool, I remember reading somewhere that there is supposed to be an order.

@marka93 How do I acess the eGuides from that link? it is asking for a username and password

Sorry wrong link, here you go: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/8226/

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Old 17th Feb 2019, 6:56 PM #17628
Honeywell
Top Secret Researcher

35 Achievements

View My Journal

Two random mod questions:
1. Does anyone know what mod might be giving me this "Be Farmer" option under the Business phone menu?
2. The visitor controller (I'm using Midge's updated version) is dressing my sims in their everyday outfits when they visit community lots (example: I dress my sims in formal to go to dinner and they arrive in their everyday clothes). Is that by design and what is supposed to happen? If it is it's not a deal breaker (I'll just put a changing booth on my lots) but if it's not I'd like to let Midge/Radium know.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  beFarmer.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  133.3 KB  

Calamity Hills Apocalypse (Sims 2 Let's Play) | Tumblr(s) | Twitter
Old 17th Feb 2019, 7:45 PM #17629
rousseau
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeywell
1. Does anyone know what mod might be giving me this "Be Farmer" option under the Business phone menu?

Probably Macrotastics and/or Business Runs You. I used to have a family who ran a gardening/grocery shop, and I'm pretty sure that option was there on the sim and/or object menu. I don't remember it being on the phone menu, but it's been a long time. I could be mis-remembering.
Old 17th Feb 2019, 8:07 PM #17630
monijt1
Field Researcher

Quote:
2. The visitor controller (I'm using Midge's updated version) is dressing my sims in their everyday outfits when they visit community lots (example: I dress my sims in formal to go to dinner and they arrive in their everyday clothes). Is that by design and what is supposed to happen? If it is it's not a deal breaker (I'll just put a changing booth on my lots) but if it's not I'd like to let Midge/Radium know.

2. I think that's designed by the game mechanics. You can use the visitor controller to change your sims to formal wear. However, every sim that visits the lot will be in formal wear
Old 17th Feb 2019, 9:55 PM #17631
AndrewGloria
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

Quote:
(I'll just put a changing booth on my lots)
I don't think that's necessary. ChristianLov's Christianlov_PlugIn_Closet_ChangeClothes.package, a companion to his Gussy Up, adds a "Change into" option to every Sim's menu. I don't think it does Outerwear as I think it pre-dates Seasons but it does everything else. (My own highest EP is OFB). I use it all the time. I think the mod must be much less well known than his Gussy Up, because no one else ever seems to mention it.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Old 17th Feb 2019, 10:11 PM #17632
Phantomknight
Inventor

1 Achievements

That should work (I actually use Christianlov's PlugIn Closet Change Clothes quite a bit), but there's also a sign that makes you change clothes. Yeah--Inge has some at simlogical under dressing: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Dressing.htm, and there's one that makes all sims in the room change into formal.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Old 17th Feb 2019, 10:54 PM #17633
Honeywell
Top Secret Researcher

35 Achievements

View My Journal

Thank you rousseau, it is Macrotastics giving me the Be Farmer option.
monijt1, in an unmodded game your Sims will arrive on community lots in the same clothes they left the home lot in - it's the visitor controller that's changing their clothes to everyday which sounds like it's by design.
AndrewGloria, Phantomknight Thanks for the mod suggestions - very nice of you.

Old 17th Feb 2019, 10:58 PM #17634
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

@Honeywell did you know that Midge the Tree fixed that VC problem?! I'm loving it, now my police officers come home in uniform, go to friends houses in uniform and are just generally seen more around in uniform.

@AndrewGloria and she also fixed the outerwear issues.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 17th Feb 2019, 11:10 PM #17635
monijt1
Field Researcher

Quote:
Thank you rousseau, it is Macrotastics giving me the Be Farmer option.
monijt1, in an unmodded game your Sims will arrive on community lots in the same clothes they left the home lot in - it's the visitor controller that's changing their clothes to everyday which sounds like it's by design.
AndrewGloria, Phantomknight Thanks for the mod suggestions - very nice of you.

Oh, ok. It's been YEARS since I took a sim to a community lot, without VC, or dressed in other than Everday clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
@Honeywell did you know that Midge the Tree fixed that VC problem?! I'm loving it, now my police officers come home in uniform, go to friends houses in uniform and are just generally seen more around in uniform.

@AndrewGloria and she also fixed the outerwear issues.

I like new VC by Midge, but I wished she kept the annoying NPCs banned by default. That's ok, though because I edited the BCONs and re-banned the NPCs
Old 17th Feb 2019, 11:11 PM #17636
Honeywell
Top Secret Researcher

35 Achievements

View My Journal

Yes, Jo. Very happy to have midge's updated version - seeing my sims leave in one outfit and come home in another every single day was a deal breaker for me. Having the sims forced into their everyday clothes for community lot visits I can deal with - very rarely do I want my sims to wear something besides their everyday clothes out anyway. I just wanted to double check the vc was working as intended and not something that was unintentionally changed with the latest update and going by the mod suggestions I'm assuming it is working correctly.

Old 18th Feb 2019, 12:01 AM #17637
Sunrader
Scholar

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monijt1
I like new VC by Midge, but I wished she kept the annoying NPCs banned by default. That's ok, though because I edited the BCONs and re-banned the NPCs

That was the point. We get to choose what's defaulted. <3 Personally, I had to be sure to change every VC to ban head witches, but didn't want it banning my matchmaker. Now it works the way I want. Huge fan!

Quote:

Actually, I think it's worth asking that, if you know it's happening, because my impression is that the fix is intended to stop VC doing things behind the scenes that we don't want. The original VC defaulted to everyday, but I would have thought the intent now is to leave sims as they are unless there is a flag to change it.
Last edited by Sunrader : 18th Feb 2019 at 12:16 AM.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 2:38 AM #17638
Sunbee
Alchemist

Edit: Never mind, after ten minutes Body Shop launched and now says "Not Responding" Well, in that case, I can out wait you, Body Shop!

Ok, so this falls under the first half of the title of this thread:
I'm using UC. For the first time ever (since installing UC) I want to use Bodyshop. Not AGS Bodyshop, that's working fine, but regular main game bodyshop. So I went to my Origin Games, found it under SP9, made a shortcut on my desktop and it just won't run.

Task Manager says the process is running. But it does not list it under the running applications, and the program is just not launching even though it's using a hundred kb.

Help? Please? Anyone have any ideas?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Last edited by Sunbee : 18th Feb 2019 at 2:47 AM. Reason: Never Mind!
Old 18th Feb 2019, 3:19 AM #17639
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

Body shop -unless you have No CC? can take an age to load. Going non-responsive is par for the course. Get up task manager after clicking load and check if it's in there, then go read, grab a coffee, clean, whatever. Come back in ten minutes and hopefully it's loaded or loading. On my old computer with tons of CAS CC it took 40 minutes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 18th Feb 2019, 4:34 AM #17640
Radium
Lab Assistant

Quote:

I did some more investigating in the Visitor Controller and found a few extra spots where it did weird things with clothing sims. Now I think I've got them all and released a new update that should do an even better job keeping sims clothed appropriately, including letting sims arrive at community lots in the same clothes they left in (unless the lot has a VC token that indicates sims should wear something other than casual wear).

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Old 18th Feb 2019, 4:35 AM #17641
RoxEllen1965
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Somebody starts with roaches. I can't remember who.

At the Beaker lot in Strangetown, Nervous Subject starts with low aspiration. The lot script will drive him to go and stuff his face from the refrigerator. This should trigger roaches to spawn, which in turn satisfies a fear and sends him into a nervous breakdown.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 5:29 AM #17642
grammapat
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

I've never seen that (nervous=roaches=crazy)! WANT to see!

Namaste
Old 18th Feb 2019, 6:17 AM #17643
RoxEllen1965
Alchemist

It's only known to work from the original Maxis templates. If you're using somebody else's templates, the script may or may not run properly.

Also, IIRC the Prima Guide recommends the Curious house be played before the Beaker house. If you do that, events at the Curious house may get Nervous Subject's aspiration high enough that the Beaker script won't run right anyway.

Keep in mind that the scripts were made to run with the base game. Various EPs may have altered the game engine enough to mess with the lot scripts so they don't run quite right anymore. See this post of mine for an example.
https://modthesims.info/showthread....255#post5413255
Old 18th Feb 2019, 8:13 AM #17644
Justpetro
Mad Poster

20 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
I did some more investigating in the Visitor Controller and found a few extra spots where it did weird things with clothing sims. Now I think I've got them all and released a new update that should do an even better job keeping sims clothed appropriately, including letting sims arrive at community lots in the same clothes they left in (unless the lot has a VC token that indicates sims should wear something other than casual wear).

Oooooh, thank you! Three cheers for Midge the Tree!
Old 18th Feb 2019, 8:57 AM #17645
AndrewGloria
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

When I first got The Sims 2, Body Shop used to load almost instantly. I played around in Body Shop for a day or two before first starting up the game, which is how Andrew began life already wearing CC underpants. Now it's more like 10-12 minutes --when my computer's in a good mood. Much longer if it's in a bad one.

I have an old version of the VC (it's right for my game configuration), which is a global mod rather than an object mod. In accordance with TwoJeffs' instructions I modified the BCONs to allow Mrs. Crumplebottom but ban the Grand Vampires. (I don't believe that vampires exist, but there are plenty of real people just like Mrs. C!) The trouble is that it doesn't always work -- sometimes Mrs. C gets banned and the vampires still appear. I've seen one dancing naked at a gay nightclub -- not as pretty sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Also, IIRC the Prima Guide recommends the Curious house be played before the Beaker house. If you do that, events at the Curious house may get Nervous Subject's aspiration high enough that the Beaker script won't run right anyway.
In my Strangetown Nervous was in platinum aspiration by the time I got round to playing the Beakers. The cockroaches hardly bothered him at all. He sat on the sofa happily chatting with Loki. It didn't upset me in the least -- I like Happy Families!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Old 18th Feb 2019, 12:21 PM #17646
Sunrader
Scholar

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
That was the point. We get to choose what's defaulted. <3 Personally, I had to be sure to change every VC to ban head witches, but didn't want it banning my matchmaker. Now it works the way I want. Huge fan!

Actually, I think it's worth asking [about the clothes changing upon arrival to community lot], if you know it's happening, because my impression is that the fix is intended to stop VC doing things behind the scenes that we don't want. The original VC defaulted to everyday, but I would have thought the intent now is to leave sims as they are unless there is a flag to change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium

I thought that was the idea! Thank you!
Old 18th Feb 2019, 12:36 PM #17647
Honeywell
Top Secret Researcher

35 Achievements

View My Journal

Midge, you're amazing. Thank you for being so generous with your time and talent.

Old 18th Feb 2019, 4:07 PM #17648
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

What face template does Mrs. Crumplebottom have?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 18th Feb 2019, 4:19 PM #17649
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

I remember reading once (in a wiki probably) that Sims with body skill is beneficial those who take duties of a waiter. Is that true? Probably reduce the chance of the waiter of dropping food.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 4:47 PM #17650
Rosebine
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
What face template does Mrs. Crumplebottom have?

I have her saved as a sim, but I would not know where this information is stored?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)

Section jump: