|Search this Thread|
|5th Jan 2018, 5:13 PM||#226|
The resorts are a very neat feature in Island Paradise. Particularly running them. It's somewhat similar to the businesses from TS2's Open for Business. If you like worlds with lots of water, you'll also enjoy the watercraft and the houseboats in this expansion. If a tropic/Latin theme is your thing, you'll also enjoy this pack for it but otherwise I wouldn't get it.
Now Into The Future is a pack that isn't all that great on gameplay, but it adds a ton of new objects and stuff to build with. There's obviously a whole future world and a bunch of things to do in there, but it's nothing spectacular. If you're a builder with a taste for modern architecture, this'll be your favourite expansion pack. And if you like crazy outrageous shit that also has some added value, I think you'll be quite content with the Buy Mode offerings too.
|5th Jan 2018, 7:35 PM||#227|
Join Date: Dec 2014
Well thank you, now I had to buy both RIP wallet. Oh well, at least my game is finally complete now! Thanks ♥
|5th Jan 2018, 7:37 PM||#228|
|9th Jan 2018, 8:45 PM||#229|
Join Date: Jan 2018
what is your most favourite/least favourite expansion pack, and why?
my favorite expansion packs by far are seasons and island paradise , now if youíre interested in island oaradise i do warn you about the isla paradiso worlds frequent freezing , but other than that itís such a great ep to play with !!
my least favorite ep is into the future , i guess itís because iím not really that type of person .
nothing against the actual ep , itís just not my personal fav .
what is your most favourite/least favourite stuff pack, and why?
uhm , my favorite stuff is movie stuff .
the costumes and decor is pretty neat for making wild west , superhero and gothic themed movies .
i donít really like the high end loft stuff pack , idk why i just donít feel it .
if you could rank how much you like each expansion or stuff pack in order, what would your order be?
island paradise [ 10 ]
seasons [ 9 ]
university life [ 8.5 ]
world adventures [ 8 ]
generations ( although i donít own it sounds awesome ! ) [ 7.5 ]
pets [ 7 ]
supernatural [ 6 ]
showtime [ 6 ]
ambitions ( again i donít have a copy of this game , but iíd like it ) [ 5 ]
late night [ 2 ]
into the future ( meh ) [ 2 ]
if you had to remove an expansion, which one would it be, and why?
probably late night ?
i mean ea couldíve put the instruments and bands into showtime , as it wouldíve made more sense .
anyways itís all my opinions , decide on which epís you appeal to !
|9th Jan 2018, 9:53 PM||#230|
You know what, I'll pitch in on this too. Sounds like a fun discussion.
I don't know what the best pack is, from an objective viewpoint, much less what my favourite pack is...but I know University Life ranks pretty high on my list. I'm partial to Into the Future though, and Late Night is a pack I keep coming back to.
Least favourite is easy - that's Supernatural. Hate the theme, hate the gameplay, don't care much for the content. I guess I'm not a fan of Seasons either.
At one point I might've said High End Loft Stuff, but I haven't used it much since new packs came out and added better content. I'm inclined to say Town Life Stuff and Outdoor Living Stuff are the best SPs in terms of value for money and usefulness of the content they include. Personal favourite right now is the "Decades" Stuff Pack though. I'm kind of a retro aficionado and the more I've used that pack, the more I've liked it. The only thing wrong with it is that there isn't more of it.
From best to worst:
Late Night/Into the Future
Definitely Supernatural. I kind of like some of the stuff that comes with it, and I keep it installed for that reason, but only for that reason.
|21st May 2018, 1:03 AM||#231|
So which expansion packs/store content improve the 'core' gameplay of TS3 the most?
Basically what expands the day-to-day domestic lifestyle the most?
I would say that these three add to the day-to-day life in major ways:
- University Life- University is an experience for many people in a First World environment + allows for the creation of cafes & bowling alleys + vending machines + comic store & street art gameplay
- Pets- Many people own pets + this pack allows for the creation of a ranch lifestyle
- Seasons- Most people experience weather and seasons on a regular basis + this pack allows for the creation of festivals
These packs augment existing systems:
- Ambitions- Allows for a degree of entrepreneurialism + some new playable careers
- Generations- Improves family gameplay
- Late Night- Improves on gatherings and night life + new fame system
These packs offer alternate methods of living and/or are more flights of fancy :
- Island Paradise- Nautical living + resort/vacation gameplay
- Showtime- Show business
- World Adventures- Adventure gameplay with some degree of cultural tourism + allows for winery & hostel gameplay
These Packs are largely fantasy:
- Into the Future- Future gameplay + allows for automated cafeterias
- Supernatural- Fantasy lifestyles + some pharmaceutical gameplay via elixirs
For packs- these allow for more focused gameplay in certain areas.
More day-to-day living:
- Business as Usual Bistro- Restaurant gameplay
- Savvy Seller's Collection - further improves on entrepreneurial gameplay
- Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center (Aurora Skies) + Gift of Speech Baby Monitor + Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing + Dirty No More Changing and Bathing Station- Improves toddler gameplay
- Le Cinema Plumbob- Cinema venue
- Grandpa's Grove + Fowl and Feathers Chicken Coop + Milkin' It Dairy Corral + Bohemian Fruit and Nuts + Stones Throw Greenhouse + Al Fresco Street Market (Monte Vista)- Improves farming gameplay
- Rim Rockin‚Äô Basketball Hoop- Basketball
- MultiTab 6000- Tablets
- Frost-Bite Pro Ice Cream Machine
- Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer
- Serenity Retreat (Sunlit Tides)- Spa venue
- Prism Art Studio- Art venue
- Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts- Performing arts venue
- The Lucky Simoleon Casino (Lucky Palms)- Casino venue
- Deliciously Indulgent Bakery + Brunch at the Old Mill- Bakery gameplay
- Deliciously Indulgent Bakery + Wood Fire Oven- Pizzeria gameplay
- The Boardwalk (Roaring Heights) + World of Wonder Carousel Collection + Classic Gumball Machine + Buzzer Beater Free Throw Machine + Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine + The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire + Late Night + Supernatural- Carnival/Fair gameplay
- Surf‚Äôs Up Sun & Fun Wave Station- Surfing venue
- Vertical Challenge Rock Wall- Rock climbing
- Aims Co. Choc-O-Falls Fountain
There are some sets that I left out because they don't work ideally (Teppanyaki), or because they're too specialized (Fixer-upper Car, Toy Shop & Gondola of the Sinking City). A huge shame that a lot of these objects can't have NPCs directed to use them- meaning that you can't for instance, visit a pizzeria and expect to be served.
|21st May 2018, 10:59 AM||#232|
Join Date: Jan 2008
I will have to disagree on the 'University is an experience many people have'. At least, outside of America. I live in Germany, and 'college' is nowhere near as big as it is in America. We have Ausbildungen, where you are under contract at a job in the field you want to learn, and you go to Berufsschule on the side, which is a school that focuses on the field you want to learn. In fact, I think the only people who go on to 'University' here in Germany are those that plan to become doctors or similar things. So, the whole 'college' aspect is quite foreign to someone like me, especially with how it's presented in this game. (Same with this constant wishing to Learn To Drive from Generations. I live in a place with very good public transport, and having a driver's license isn't that big of a deal here, so it's so weird to me that it becomes an instant wish for teen Sims)
But I do like University with its Smartphone addition, as it does 'update' the game a bit more to modern standards.
I think I have to add Showtime to my list of EPs that I enjoy. It's not great, but it does add a lot of new and neat things to do, least of all being the singing. I don't care much for making my own various Venues, but I love the addition of Genie as a lifestate... a bit odd because it makes me wonder why they were added here and not in Supernatural because of all the... well, supernatural states that one adds. And I enjoy a lot of the clothes that come with it, particularly the male clothes. I always felt that those are a little lacking in other EPs, but these added several that I would frequently use.
I haven't seen too much bad stuff with it, but I don't use Simport, so that might help...?
|27th May 2018, 6:40 PM||#233|
Thinking ahead to the next steam sale: which has more build/buy material, World Adventures or Showtime? (I am dithering.)
|11th Jun 2018, 6:39 PM||#234|
My favourite expansions for the sims 3 are Late Night, Generations, and Seasons. If I were you, you should get Late Night or Generations.
|21st Jun 2018, 1:17 PM||#235|
Rumor has it one is coming up today or very soon. I hope they include Sims 3 EPS in it!
|21st Jun 2018, 6:28 PM||#236|
Sims 3 is in the Summer Sale (started about half an hour ago; everyone is evidently trying to use the site at once, as it is very slow) - everything is 60% off.
STS - already have Late Night, Seasons, and Generations!
|28th Jan 2019, 2:34 AM||#237|
Which are the packs with the best bang-for-the-loading-time build/buy items?
- WA (must have for world-building despite mediocre build/buy)
- AMB (good content)
- LN (bad build/buy)
- GEN (bad kids stuff, good seniors stuff)
- Pets (good content, too many decals)
- Seasons (ok content, too many decals & similar items)
- UNI (best build/buy)
* Will probably also install IP when I get the chance
Currently finding myself short of indoor plants and shelves atm
I find that University and IP (decals removed) have a ton of objects that are reusable in a ton of circumstances, Ambitions has a lot of plain, elegant furniture that I keep going back to, along with a nice variety of industrial props. Supernatural has some nice sidetables that I want to get a hold of, but the rest is mostly redundant. Into the Future has the best modern furniture and build items, but unfortunately has the rest of the expansion attached to those.
I personally find that LN's upscale furniture is poorly designed, or improperly scaled, but it does also have a nice variety of utility props. Most indoor plants for the expansions (exception of Showtime) are badly designed/scaled, or too specifically designed. Basegame is probably the worst when it comes to build/buy- too much is improperly scaled and unusable (most houses end up extremely boxy). The worst is probably the variety of televisions (looking at you, Generations) with crap attached onto them, which almost never have a real-life analogue. Majority of stuff packs are awful, but I will be grabbing Movie Stuff for its themed stuff.
I also really want to take a look at finding ways to re-categorize objects as small deco so more of them can fit onto shelf slot spaces.