Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 5447
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3013 (Who?), Viewed: 259973 times.
Search this Thread
Old 20th Nov 2018, 2:38 AM #2926
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

@lil_princess_of_evil - in LGR's TS2: Pets video, he accidentally adopted a kid instead of a pet. Unfortunately the social worker never showed up.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Last edited by Bulbizarre : 20th Nov 2018 at 2:54 AM.
Old 20th Nov 2018, 1:42 PM #2927
meginmd
Lab Assistant

"Alright, FINE!"
My heiress Tatiana (who has sisters Anastasia and Marie--bonus points if you recognize the real-life relationship!) had two choices for a husband--the rich, one bolt Rodney and the poor, funny-looking three-bolt Parker. I moved Tatiana and her boyfriends home, and married her to Rodney. Literally right after the ceremony, Tatiana autonomously made out with Parker. That's when I said "Alright, FINE!" and married her to Parker. Now they have two kids, Rhett and Melanie (older sister Scarlett lol).
Old 20th Nov 2018, 11:14 PM #2928
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
"I....think I ought to check my mods."

I was going through all my Sims' households to give the pets their owners' surnames (SimPE likes to error out if there isn't already one). Don Lothario casually walked over to his newborn son, picked him up, and began nursing him.

I finally figured this one out! BoilingOil's Feed Baby has a Nursemaids addon. Don had a baby bottle in his inventory.

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Old 21st Nov 2018, 6:27 AM #2929
Sims2Christain
Forum Resident

"That couldn't have been better timing"
Marriage cinematic between two sims right as day was cast into night lengthing the transition period.
Married as the sky turned orange with rose petals falling around them. Never did get a screenshot.
Old 22nd Nov 2018, 11:52 PM #2930
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

@Sims2Christain - I wish I could get good cinematics like that. Mine often end up just being a nice view of a wall. I recently disabled them because of this.

Old 23rd Nov 2018, 12:44 AM #2931
sailorplanet97
Instructor

UGH DID I FORGET TO MAKE A KITCHEN AGAIN, UGH DAMMIT!

oh wait i can fix it
Tada, wow it looks so beautiful, all of the rooms

https://modthesims.info/showthread....407#post5470407 (here's a few pictures of mine there )
Old 23rd Nov 2018, 5:03 PM #2932
StrangeTownChick
Scholar

7 Achievements

"Quinn, what are you doing?" *clicks on Olivia* "Oh, wait, that's Olivia. Why do I always mix those two up? I mean, they look alike, but that's just a coincidence. A Quinn-cidence." *laughs at own joke*

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Old 24th Nov 2018, 12:36 AM #2933
RoxEllen1965
Alchemist

One family member greets the welcoming committee and another ... isn't quite so sociable.
"You ate a whole meal at the same table with these people and then sat in the same room watching television with them all and you still haven't actually MET any of them???"
Old 27th Nov 2018, 12:36 AM #2934
BlueAlien
Forum Resident

"Oi! You were a ginger kitten named Weasley. You weren't supposed to grow up into a nondescript grey-brown adult!"

(He's ginger again now, but I do wish they'd made puppy and kitten colours correspond more closely to adult colours.)
Old 27th Nov 2018, 12:54 AM #2935
Fyren5
Instructor

My favorite is "Alrighty then" with a certain tone of voice. I also say "Really?!" & "Seriously!?" a lot in a squeaky type voice. "Whatever floats your boat!" is probably my most favorite, LOL.
Old 5th Dec 2018, 7:13 PM #2936
StrangeTownChick
Scholar

7 Achievements

"Look, Nicole, this is the hot tub where your cousins Olivia AND Quinn were conceived...Isn't that lovely!"
There are things that happen when you move the third generation of a single family into the same dorm. Unfortunately that legendary love tub where eleven different Agnarssons lost their virginity had to be replaced due to glitching. Nicole and her fiance Orlando Bertino got to christen the new one.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Old 5th Dec 2018, 8:42 PM #2937
Liza
Field Researcher

I always when I start the game after a long break:

"Wow! This game has very detailed graphics! The graphics is very clear, objects, textures ..."

This is my reaction to the graphics of the game published in 2004.
Old 5th Dec 2018, 9:26 PM #2938
simsample
The Anarchist

19 Achievements

View My Journal

@BlueAlien

Do you know about this mod?
http://kitteninthewindow.tumblr.com...-you-say-indeed

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Old 5th Dec 2018, 9:48 PM #2939
Devon Aster
Instructor

"Oh, come on, game. Don't do this to me. I know I rolled the pacifier!"
-said as Cherri Ottomas aged up to toddler, looking suspiciously like Dora Jr. Same haircut and very similar facial features. Doesn't appear to be an actual case of First Born Syndrome, as they have slightly different personalities. Which actually makes it more annoying, as I did my part not to get kids who look that much alike
Old 5th Dec 2018, 10:04 PM #2940
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza
I always when I start the game after a long break:

"Wow! This game has very detailed graphics! The graphics is very clear, objects, textures ..."

This is my reaction to the graphics of the game published in 2004.

Sometimes, after a bout of playing TS3, when I return back home I'm usually rather impressed with the graphics. Aside from the infamous pudding-face, TS3 doesn't quite feel as crisp (though perhaps this is a limit of my aging computer). Compare:

Also, it might be a bit telling that I refer to TS2 as returning home.

Last edited by Bulbizarre : 5th Dec 2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 5th Dec 2018, 10:36 PM #2941
Shadow214
Lab Assistant

"How did you end up so nice?"
Edmund, son of Consort Capp somehow grew up with 8 nice points.
Old 5th Dec 2018, 11:32 PM #2942
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Look at Consort's mother. I actually don't understand the ins-and-outs of how the genetics of personality work, but hey, it works for the story.

Old 6th Dec 2018, 2:28 AM #2943
Orilon
Alchemist

4 Achievements

Kent Capp, Consort's pre-made son in the Sim Bin when Veronaville starts has 7 nice points, and Miranda Capp, Consort's granddaughter who is in the Sim Bin with the rest of her family has 8 nice points. Not all of the pre-made Capps are grouchy assholes. The question is whether they have the courage to fight family tradition in the feud with the Monty's or just go along to get along with the relatives.

I'm not playing Sims 2 but instead switched to Sims 3. Said tonight while playing Sims 3, "Ooops, trap" I have an adventurous Sim that wants to explore all the tombs in the Vacation areas, and I accidentally had her step on a fire trap.
Old 6th Dec 2018, 2:31 AM #2944
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Those tombs were kind of fun, although it got repetitive after a little while.

Old 8th Dec 2018, 1:25 PM #2945
monijt1
Field Researcher

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" *covers mouth* "Oh my gosh. Wow." I said as Skip Broke turned into a toddler. I didn't expect him to look so ugly unique.
Old 11th Dec 2018, 3:12 PM #2946
Sketching
Inventor

1 Achievements

What exactly is a TV dinner?

According to Squinge, they're TVs that you can eat, but Mistress Jenna and Wikipedia state that they're frozen store-bought meals that are supposed to be heated and eaten in front of the TV. Since my sims don't usually eat TV dinners in front of the TV, does it still qualify as a TV dinner or does any meal eaten in front of a TV count? If the latter, should the food be called ready-made meal instead? Then it turns out that there was a thread about it too.

The things I think about while watching my sims cook...
Old 11th Dec 2018, 3:25 PM #2947
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

I've mostly heard them referred to as microwave dinners (even though they can also go in toaster ovens). TV dinners might be an American term.

Old 11th Dec 2018, 4:26 PM #2948
BlueAlien
Forum Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Look at Consort's mother. I actually don't understand the ins-and-outs of how the genetics of personality work, but hey, it works for the story.

I played a version of Pleasantview in which I tried to make everyone, well, pleasant. Sims had to have at least 5 Nice points to breed (or 4, if their partner had 8 or more), and permission to have another child depended on the average niceness of the children the couple had already had. It didn't work; even with really nice parents, I had so many grouchy kids the neighbourhood petered out!
Old 11th Dec 2018, 4:37 PM #2949
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

I've found that whatever determines the personality of newborn Sims seems to prefer extreme values in the personalities. There was some discussion on this a while ago and this came out of it. (I sort of like extreme personalities, though. Makes things a bit more interesting.)

Old 11th Dec 2018, 4:56 PM #2950
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Microwave meals aren't quite the same thing. TV dinner refers to a complete meal, each element in its own compartment of a little tray, which is bought frozen. Most of them consist of a meat entree in a large central compartment, with three smaller compartments containing a starch, a vegetable, and a dessert. So a Salisbury steak TV dinner might contain the steak and gravy in the large compartment, and mashed potatoes, green beans, and cherry cobbler in the small ones.

They're called TV dinners because they were originally marketed as a way for the Modern Mother (at whom most TV advertising was directed) to get complete, nutritious meals into their families on nights when everyone wanted to watch TV instead. Everyone picks out their own TV dinner, Mom puts them into the oven, and the TV watching starts, with Mom watching, too, instead of hopping up and down seeing to dinner and then missing half the next program washing the dishes. The family sets up TV trays - basically little folding tables - for each member and dinner is eaten out of the same tray the meal was cooked in, and there's nothing to wash afterward but silverware.

TV dinners have since become strongly associated with bachelors (who use them in preference to actually learning to cook) and working women who don't have time for all that housekeeping stuff. Most now come with directions for heating either in the oven (better taste and texture) or in the microwave (slightly limp and soggy, but fast). The key elements are a) frozen, b)complete meal with multiple dishes, and c)the compartmented tray. Some microwave meals are also TV dinners; but not all microwave meals are TV dinners. A lot of microwave meals are one-dish meals like stews or casseroles, or they are not complete, containing only the meat and starch.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)

Section jump: