Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 6742
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 8284 (Who?), Viewed: 730576 times.
Search this Thread
Old 13th Mar 2019, 3:03 PM #8276
CatMuto
Scholar

8 Achievements

My game was horribly slow, even in CAS, despite using NRaas to hide the multiple choices... so, I'm starting a new folder for Sims 3, see if that fixes the problem. (I'll also comb through my CC, though most of that is stuff I've used before...) Though I recall I had multiple NRaas mods merged, and I think I accidentally had ErrorTrap merged in that, too? I fixed that, but the slowness was still there...

My question is, what is better: less CC packages, but merged into a big one? Or more CC packages, but smaller sizes?
The answer is probably less, but also smaller size...
If so, what would be a 'good' size for (merged) CC packages?
Old 13th Mar 2019, 4:52 PM #8277
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
Last time any of my sims had a live in butler he just wouldn't stop preparing meals. If my sims weren't hungry I had to keep moving meals into the fridge before they went off. And so that they wouldn't have to be continually clearing out decomposing carbonara or rotting ratatouille, I had to buy one of the really expensive fridges. These days I usually have a sim as part of the family - one who's a good cook, has the Handy skill, and the Neat trait, and just call him a butler.

Thanks. I'll pass on the butler and install the sim that I use specifically for nanny purposes.
Old 17th Mar 2019, 12:08 AM #8278
CatMuto
Scholar

8 Achievements

I know that IP and Pets (and Seasons?) are the heaviest EPs on the PC. I wanted to ask, what are some of the more... 'lenient' ones? Generations?
Old 17th Mar 2019, 2:08 AM #8279
igazor
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
I know that IP and Pets (and Seasons?) are the heaviest EPs on the PC. I wanted to ask, what are some of the more... 'lenient' ones? Generations?

Pets is the heaviest, Seasons is close behind. IP (using a fixed up version of Isla Paradiso or just not playing that world) and ITF I would say would be tied for third. Behind that, Late Night, Uni, Supernatural, and Showtime not in any particular order but these don't typically stress a system out unless the player's processor is too weak to keep up and can't even launch or keep the game running -- that would tend to be the older less than 2.2 GHz models that aren't meant to be carrying such a game or be running in turbo mode consistently.

Generations is not really stressful on a system, but it is actually one poorly programmed scenario after another. Gen, Ambitions, and WA would then be the least stressful. Note that travel transitions, especially if considering running them without NRaas Traveler, ErrorTrap, and Overwatch, are going to be jarring on the game so I'm not really taking those into account but thinking more of "ordinary" homeworld play.

Any combination of these EPs could be too much for a system that lacks sufficient RAM which these days would tend to mean less than 6 GB total.
Old 17th Mar 2019, 2:28 AM #8280
AGuyCalledPi
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Didn't know ITF did much to slow the game down. I imagine the descendant system updates a lot though.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Old 17th Mar 2019, 3:31 AM #8281
igazor
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyCalledPi
Didn't know ITF did much to slow the game down. I imagine the descendant system updates a lot though.

Yes, without getting into transitioning to the future world repeatedly that is exactly the component that puts the stress on the game. Likely players on strong enough processors won't really feel the effects much, though.
Old 17th Mar 2019, 3:48 PM #8282
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

When is a Sim is classified as rich (might have asked this here a long time, but either I forget or never seen the answer). Tried googling, didn't get an accurate answer. :/

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Old 17th Mar 2019, 7:17 PM #8283
Mrmo
Inventor

A very stupid question: Is there a list of animals that sims can interact whit? I did try to make my sim inteact whit a racoon but she could just take a look at it, not pet it. Non in the family can interact whit the deer (not even look) and I have seen sims standing around a bird just to take a look. There seems to be no interactions what so ever. The family cat is a good hunter (mostly) and can catch ladybugs, snakes and such but that not so interesting.

As I did mention briefly in a picture thread I have seen a review of TS3 on Youtube and there seems to be a lot of animals in the hood after installing pets but where can they be found? The sims in the family I play have jobs so the can not run around the hod 24-7 and serch for animals (and I have not find out how to use the MasterController mod yet so I'm afraid to jump over to an other family. And even if I would it could take many (real time) days to find anything.
Old 17th Mar 2019, 7:30 PM #8284
Kylaaab
Lab Assistant

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmo
A very stupid question: Is there a list of animals that sims can interact whit? I did try to make my sim inteact whit a racoon but she could just take a look at it, not pet it. Non in the family can interact whit the deer (not even look) and I have seen sims standing around a bird just to take a look. There seems to be no interactions what so ever. The family cat is a good hunter (mostly) and can catch ladybugs, snakes and such but that not so interesting.

As I did mention briefly in a picture thread I have seen a review of TS3 on Youtube and there seems to be a lot of animals in the hood after installing pets but where can they be found? The sims in the family I play have jobs so the can not run around the hod 24-7 and serch for animals (and I have not find out how to use the MasterController mod yet so I'm afraid to jump over to an other family. And even if I would it could take many (real time) days to find anything.

I believe there are signs that you can place on your lot to summon strays that come with pets. They are in the miscellaneous section of pet essentials in buy mode.
Old 17th Mar 2019, 8:18 PM #8285
CatMuto
Scholar

8 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
When is a Sim is classified as rich (might have asked this here a long time, but either I forget or never seen the answer). Tried googling, didn't get an accurate answer. :/

I think I've noticed a Sim classified as 'rich' ([Your Sim] has found out that [Other Sim] is rich!) when they have about 20,000ยง as a household fund? Not worth of the house, but as the spending money.

Section jump: