Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 6268
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 724 times.
Search this Thread
Old 8th Feb 2019, 1:16 AM DefaultIs it possible to remove certain elements in the game without CAW? #1
nitromon
Original Poster

Mad Poster

7 Achievements

When the base game came out, I'm sure things like the little hot air balloon in the background of the sky or the little sailboat in the ocean was cute, but now it seem they're really unrealistic and I'd like to permanently remove them. It this possible without using CAW? Like maybe some sort of cheat command that lets me use the ctrl or shift click to delete the object? Or maybe in edit town?

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 8th Feb 2019, 1:32 AM #2
AGuyCalledPi
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

You can simply click most, if not all, world objects in Edit Town and delete them as normal. With the hot air balloon I'm not sure if you can click on it directly but you will find it goes for most things, including distant terrains, road signs and bridges. Either that, or my game entrusts me with more power than it should.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Old 8th Feb 2019, 2:29 AM #3
Giga
Field Researcher

If all else fails, maybe somebody can remove these effects in CAW and the you replace the world file in ellacharmed routing fix style. I'm thinking of doing this to bridgeport, the floating sailboat without a shadow is getting old.
Old 8th Feb 2019, 2:33 AM #4
AGuyCalledPi
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Wonder if it's possible to change the path of it. Could be fun to put it a little further away from the coast and change the model to a big container ship or something.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Old 8th Feb 2019, 3:30 AM #5
jje1000
Alchemist

6 Achievements

Unfortunately I don't think effects and spawners can't be edited in the in-game town editor- you'll need to import the world into CAW and edit from there, and like ellacharmed's worlds, override the original world- that was what needed to be done when some changes were made to Aurora Skies .

Also, I tried to find the mesh for the sailboat but I couldn't, it's probably hiding in the game files somewhere, improperly named- the most I could do was edits to the texture.

The issue as such becomes that you need to find the original mesh so you have the instance IDs if you want to make an override model. You likely also can't edit the effects themselves easily- there was some investigation into that some years ago, but beyond some rudimentary programs, no workflow had ever been developed.

That being said, the textures have an alpha transparency so you could technically make the sailboat (and the wake) invisible by editing the alpha textures- I think the same thing can also be applied to the hot air balloon. That's a round-about method of removing effects.
Old 8th Feb 2019, 3:51 AM #6
nitromon
Original Poster

Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Oh, sounds so complicated. I was hoping just click and delete.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 8th Feb 2019, 1:45 PM #7
Volvenom
dodgy builder

17 Achievements

View My Journal

If you can't just delete the boat in edit town, you will probably need caw.

I didn't really think the sailboat had a path as such. It's just a circle if I remember right. If you like a containership or something instead, it might have to be cc. I don't think there is any big ships available. It's the sailboat, the stranded ancient one, and a wrecked wooden roeboat. If I remember them all.
Old 8th Feb 2019, 2:13 PM #8
simsample
The Anarchist

19 Achievements

View My Journal

Not sure about the boats, but the hot air balloons have a box item that you place; this is visible in CAW but not in-game.

You need to click on that to delete the effect, but I don't think it's clickable in-game.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  simsample_10397 2019-02-08 14.11.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  36.6 KB  

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Old 8th Feb 2019, 4:21 PM #9
jje1000
Alchemist

6 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Oh, sounds so complicated. I was hoping just click and delete.

It's not too hard via the texture editing route- you just need to search up the names of the textures via S3PE (i.e. hot air balloon, sailboat should give you results), and then use some photoshop editing program with a DDS plugin (https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia...adobe-photoshop) to edit the alphas.

You then drag-n-drop everything into a new S3PE package and then drop that into your mods folder.

Very easy once you set it up.

Section jump: