Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 9366
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 1172 times.
Search this Thread
Old 6th Feb 2019, 12:52 AM DefaultIssue with trying to place diving areas in Moonlight Falls #1
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

Recently I tried adding all four of the diving lots from Isla Paradiso to Moonlight Falls, but only Rocky Reef was supposedly added properly. The other three were placed above the water. I tried with Rocky Reef again, but discovered that my Sims can't boat there. And the snorkel and scuba dive interactions aren't available. Yet the play in the sand interaction is available. I saved the game and checked Isla Paradiso to find that all the objects in Rocky Reef minus the messages in bottles and buoys were firmly below sea level. Whereas when I placed Rocky Reef in Moonlight Falls, the tall kelp was above sea level. The buoys were in mid air, forcing me to rearrange them. And you could see the objects through the water even when zoomed out.

Apparently the objects weren't placed in deep enough. But I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I checked the list of worlds that could have diving lots placed in them. And Moonlight Falls was NOT on the list of worlds that weren't compatible with diving lots. So it didn't occur to me that I would have such trouble. But the biggest problem I have now is when I try to bulldoze the diving lot. I can't completely bulldoze the place so everything is back to normal. Because I get this large square bit of land where the lot used to be.

So I had no choice but to exit without saving, go back into my saved game, and manually delete all the objects that I was able to grab and delete them. The lot is still there, but almost all the objects are gone. And I changed the height of the terrain, so that the terrain is well underneath the water. I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do to bulldoze the lot so that the water appears without the square bit of blue land. Less still am I sure what I'm supposed to do to successfully place diving lots for my Sims to scuba dive and snorkel at.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  372.9 KB  
Old 6th Feb 2019, 1:21 AM #2
nitromon
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

As far as I know, you cannot simply pull dive lots from one game to another, especially IP lots b/c the ocean depth of IP is much deeper. Sometimes you can get away with it if you can find an ocean deep enough, but I don't know of any.

You can try building your own dive spots: https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=578980

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Syde65
But the biggest problem I have now is when I try to bulldoze the diving lot. I can't completely bulldoze the place so everything is back to normal. Because I get this large square bit of land where the lot used to be.

Was the lot set to "no visitor allowed?" When you put in a diving lot, it will automatically be set to "no visitor allowed"

Set it to "diving area" before bulldozing it the 1st time. Otherwise it will raise the land up. If you set it to DA and bulldoze, it will remain ocean. Then bulldoze a 2nd time to remove the lot.

If you already messed it up, don't worry it is fixable. Just repeat the process. Put in a 64x64 blank lot right on top of the raised area as closely as possible, then change it to "diving area" and put in a diving area from IP. Then change it again to "diving area" and bulldoze twice.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Last edited by nitromon : 6th Feb 2019 at 2:09 AM.
Old 6th Feb 2019, 5:55 AM #3
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

I did have it set to a diving area. But I haven't got really got the time or patience to make my own diving lot any time soon. Since I'm still fairly new to diving lots.
Old 6th Feb 2019, 6:14 AM #4
nitromon
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Quote:
I did have it set to a diving area.

Can you check again? The reason I'm asking is because it resets back to a "no visitor allowed" when you place the dive lot onto it. It must be set to "diving area" before the 1st bulldoze. I actually just tested this twice in my own game.

I did this without editing the lot, so perhaps editing it may have changed something. However, I doubt that is the case b/c I have created my own dive spots and deleted them before. But if this is the case, then go ahead and just bulldoze and remove the lot, leaving the ocean with the blue square. Then repeat the process I mentioned earlier:

1) put a blank 64x64 on the area that is blue square
2) change lot to "diving area"
3) place a IP diving lot onto the blank diving lot
4) change it to "diving area" again
5) bulldoze once
6) bulldoze twice

If that doesn't fix it, then I don't know what's going on.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 6th Feb 2019, 11:13 AM #5
varpunen
Theorist

It could also be the case that even though a world is listed as suitable for diving lots, they only fit if you build them yourself from the scratch. I noticed this in Hidden Springs. It's also said to be suitable but adding the dive lots straight from IP doesn't work. They remain way over the water level, no matter what you do, unlike... say... in Lucky Palms. I've build dive lots before, so that's the route I have to go with Hidden Springs. That or manually lower the seabed in CAW, which of course raises other issues around the world.

Also, even if a world is marked suitable, it doesn't mean that dive lots fit anywhere or that it is suitable for several dive lots. The world could have only a one single suitable place for just a one lot.

Another option is to add a world like Suadiva as a vacation world with NRaas Traveler and go dive there whenever you want. Not the same, of course, but works for me for now.

The New Home of the Mass Effect and Dragon Age Fans: http://bsn.boards.net/ Are you there yet?
My Homepage: Shadow City Sims 3
My Music Videos: PolarDove's Channel
Old 6th Feb 2019, 12:27 PM #6
fascisthater
Test Subject

3 Achievements

I think that after you place the dive lot you save your world and then return to main menu to reload world and see if it works properly.
Old 6th Feb 2019, 11:04 PM #7
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

I have tried to place a lot over the blue square, but it won't let me place it in the exact same spot. But I will try and see if any of the recently suggested methods work.
Old 6th Feb 2019, 11:32 PM #8
nitromon
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Quote:
I have tried to place a lot over the blue square, but it won't let me place it in the exact same spot. But I will try and see if any of the recently suggested methods work.

It's alright if you can't get it exactly on the same spot. You can do it multiple times to clear it all up. I was lucky to get it exactly on it. But if you can't, say you get 1/2 of it, then simply do the other 1/2 after you are done with the 1st half. The method simply replaces the ocean area back down to the original height.

You can even use smaller sizes if you have a problem replacing the 64x64. But you will have to first create the dive area in the smaller lot.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 7th Feb 2019, 8:04 AM #9
C.Syde65
Original Poster

Instructor

I've managed to fix the problem. It appears that the cause of the problem while bulldozing was because the somehow the lot automatically changed itself from a diving area to "No Visitors Allowed" sometime between placing the lot and me trying to bulldoze it. Well that's great, because I've managed to fix the problem! :D

Section jump: