|Search this Thread|
|14th Nov 2018, 6:03 PM||Object turns black in-game (+ mask problem?) #1|
Join Date: Jan 2012
Hello darkness my old friend...
Decided to make a new sofa for my sims. Looks great in TSRW:
But when I load it into the game, it has turned black?!
Even weirder, when I go to create-a-style, the texture mask seems to have disappeared? The object has 3 channels, but somehow they have all merged into one - Pattern 3. Now, if I change the color or pattern however slightly, the objects looks like it should (expect for the missing mask):
But the second I exit create-a-style, it reverts back to black!
So, two problems, possibly related. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?
What I have tried:
- Changed spec map to solid gray
- Checked material properties: shader is phong, both diffuse and spec colors are white
- Normals look normal to me
Any help is greatly appreciated!
|16th Nov 2018, 10:30 PM||#2|
Hi @stellari !
Would you be able to send the file or upload it in this thread? it will make it easier to check it out
Also, might be an odd question, but which object did you clone? Sometimes that can be it.
Two things you could try out though:
- Normal maps actually don't exist in ts3 for objects, unless it's say, a counter or a bar.
- Here's a good tutorial on creating specular maps: http://murfeelee.tumblr.com/post/14...tive-fruit-bowl
- The recent version of TSRW screws things up (making meshes black, screwing up UV maps, etc), it might be worth checking out this link: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...o-a-while-ago-i
Hope this helps!