Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3841
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 136 (Who?), Viewed: 10366 times.
Search this Thread
Old 10th Nov 2018, 11:43 PM #126
faerytech
Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

A mod where on aging to adult and elder you get new traits. In the same mod, a mod where if you somehow scored high enough in your previous age group you could rechoose a trait that you didn't like.
A mod that made gems and flowers and small pets more balanced price wise. I dislike how easy it is for my homeless sims to become millionaires.
Old 11th Nov 2018, 12:03 AM #127
arathea
Scholar

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerytech
A mod where on aging to adult and elder you get new traits. In the same mod, a mod where if you somehow scored high enough in your previous age group you could rechoose a trait that you didn't like.

Yes! There are some traits that are great for certain age groups like rebellious, easily impressed and childish, but sims should be able to grow out of them.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Old 11th Nov 2018, 2:49 AM #128
Estrello
Test Subject

Many, but for brevity I'll name one.

One that allows children to ride without stretching - tbh I see kids riding horses more than adults and they're lighter which gives them edge in real-life horse-racing. (Plus Medieval Family)

Sidenote - great to see igazor still around! And all you guys sticking with the Sims 3.
Old 11th Nov 2018, 3:59 AM #129
faerytech
Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

Oh! You know the crystal ball? I'd like one that let you charge to tell fortunes with it. Maybe linked to the fortune telling career in some way.
Old 11th Nov 2018, 4:02 AM #130
faerytech
Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathea
Yes! There are some traits that are great for certain age groups like rebellious, easily impressed and childish, but sims should be able to grow out of them.

Exactly! I don't really like the mid life crisis reward because it feels almost cheaty and I don't want to change all my traits, just one at a time in a more natural fashion.
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 2:31 PM #131
jje1000
Alchemist

6 Achievements

Bringing this back up, but I was making something in TSRW, and I realized that all patterns are named (i.e. Granite, Formica, Marble).

It would be so useful if these names appeared in CaST (maybe as a tooltip) since it's sometimes really hard to figure out what material is what.
Old 3rd Feb 2019, 4:29 AM #132
dlseis
Lab Assistant

Cross-posting from the Create forum, but I'd really want to have a 'Have Wedding' option in the City Hall rabbithole. It annoys me in my game that Sims are constantly being engaged but spend the rest of their lives that way and not get married (or even worse, break up and do the vicious cycle again; making new kids along the way). Sure we have same-sex marriage in the game but we don't have a Civil Wedding? How's that?
Old 3rd Feb 2019, 6:55 PM #133
Kylaaab
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

4 Achievements

Just realized how necessary a mod is that stops sims from complaining when they have interactions in their queue.

It takes so much time when I have a hungry sim, and I have them set to eat, but instead of eating and getting it done faster, they just complain and take longer to eat. Most recently I had multiple toddlers who needed to eat at the same time, and both of my adults were so bothered at the same time that once they stopped complaining about one hungry crying toddler. they'd go to the next and just scream about it even though they were queued to feed them. The babysitter was useless too, doing the same thing. I can't believe there's not a mod that prevents complaining when the sim has queued interactions.. I had to reset all the toddlers because no one would feed them aghh.
Old 4th Feb 2019, 12:09 AM #134
igazor
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaaab
Just realized how necessary a mod is that stops sims from complaining when they have interactions in their queue.

It takes so much time when I have a hungry sim, and I have them set to eat, but instead of eating and getting it done faster, they just complain and take longer to eat. Most recently I had multiple toddlers who needed to eat at the same time, and both of my adults were so bothered at the same time that once they stopped complaining about one hungry crying toddler. they'd go to the next and just scream about it even though they were queued to feed them. The babysitter was useless too, doing the same thing. I can't believe there's not a mod that prevents complaining when the sim has queued interactions.. I had to reset all the toddlers because no one would feed them aghh.

That's part of the game, though. Not the impossible and unwanted situation you describe with toddlers, but I mean when a sim is already that hungry, tired, bladder-filled, lonely, stressed, etc. then everything becomes less efficient and takes more time (including that which is ultimately meant to relieve the condition) to do. Or at least that's the way I see it. We're not supposed to let our sims or their toddlers get that hungry before taking care of their needs if we don't want to see the complaint animations and suffer the delayed intended actions, they aren't just to inform the player who likely already knows these conditions are there by then.

Of course I don't know of anyone who is 100% effective at taking care of conditions before they happen every time especially when inactive, not player-controlled sims are around.
Old 4th Feb 2019, 1:25 AM #135
Kylaaab
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
That's part of the game, though. Not the impossible and unwanted situation you describe with toddlers, but I mean when a sim is already that hungry, tired, bladder-filled, lonely, stressed, etc. then everything becomes less efficient and takes more time (including that which is ultimately meant to relieve the condition) to do. Or at least that's the way I see it. We're not supposed to let our sims or their toddlers get that hungry before taking care of their needs if we don't want to see the complaint animations and suffer the delayed intended actions, they aren't just to inform the player who likely already knows these conditions are there by then.

Of course I don't know of anyone who is 100% effective at taking care of conditions before they happen every time especially when inactive, not player-controlled sims are around.

I suppose, though, maybe the game also didn't intend for a single sim and the butler to take care of six toddlers at a time.. It kept happening every few sim days, so I've made changes and started a new family with only four toddlers at a time, and it's much more manageable-- No more endless loops of complaining about crying instead of feeding the toddlers that need to be fed. Still, if there were a mod like that it might be more possible for there to be such a large amount of toddlers at the same time..
Old 4th Feb 2019, 6:13 PM #136
HCAC
Theorist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

Fix parties. Do not have people crashing and going to bed when the guests come over. How can you have a good party when the host suddenly gets exhausted and has to go to sleep? I guess you could "cheat" and just restore everyone's energy but what is the point of the game if you have to do that.

I miss my beloved dog so much. RIP LUNA 12/17/18
Old 7th Feb 2019, 2:52 PM #137
PizzaPartyForever
Test Subject

less of a mod thing and more of a cc thing but; i REALLY want an OMSP that that shifts vertically when you hold alt (the way paintings do) instead of having to manually shift+click a billion times the way we currently have too.

also less of a mod thing and more of an actually impossible thing, but man i really wish we had the ability to resize/place artwork wherever you want on a wall because it's pretty much the only cool thing sims 4 can do.
Last edited by PizzaPartyForever : 11th Feb 2019 at 6:10 PM.

Section jump: