Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 4622
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 7914 (Who?), Viewed: 848698 times.
Search this Thread
Old 14th Jul 2019, 8:39 PM #7901
enable_llamas
Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
Same here. I've finally got around to playing RH in earnest, and I'm noticing the same thing. One of my sims got reset mid conversation with another sim (who was standing in the middle of some bushes for some reason) and then she couldn't leave her lot to go anywhere until I reset her.

Same, they get stuck at places where they really have no reason to - like one townie I saw repeatedly route failing in the corner of a fence on some community lot. Then I watched as a taxi with 4 other sims pulled up, they got out and walked right past her, literally 10 cm away and they all routed fine. The dumbass got reset right after. It's like they're going out of their way to be extra stupid. I'll turn off auto reset next time and check out where they get stuck the most and if anything can be done to help or the game's just screwing with me at this point.
Old 17th Jul 2019, 6:59 PM #7902
tunafishfish
Forum Resident

2 Achievements

Story Progression: *sends an elder's children and pets off to other families*
Story Progression: *immediately has elder adopt another puppy*
Old 18th Jul 2019, 11:32 PM #7903
tysika
Field Researcher

3 Achievements

Best dad award goes to:

Old 21st Jul 2019, 8:27 PM #7904
Ghost sdoj
Site Helper

7 Achievements

View My Journal

That's the point where the mother says "You woke the kid, YOU can get the kid back to sleep. Now."

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 5:15 PM #7905
tunafishfish
Forum Resident

2 Achievements

Sent my active family to France to celebrate the oldest daughter graduating high school. Half the town is in France in the same bloody hostel we're staying in. Since I've got bed freedom installed and the mother has the "everybody's best friend" and "celebrity" skill challenges completed, she has woken up to find randos in her bed every night. This has lead to me having her double up with one of her children. The oldest daughter and middle daughter doubled up in one bed and I go to have the mom bunk with the child son. Apparently randos can sleep in her bed, but she can't sleep in the same bed as her son!? So she goes to sleep in another double bed and her exboyfriend hops into bed with her. I can't wait until our visa is at such a level as to preclude public sleeping arrangements! We came to France to get away from all you townies!
Old 25th Jul 2019, 1:33 PM #7906
tunafishfish
Forum Resident

2 Achievements

Why are teens and children trick or treating in freaking winter?!?!? Cause, seriously, I can't even get my sims to do it in autumn when it's supposed to happen. Plus, I can't actually direct them to give trick or treat and it doesn't show up on their queue or anything so it just destroys everything!!!
Old 25th Jul 2019, 1:40 PM #7907
tunafishfish
Forum Resident

2 Achievements

Why are teens and children trick or treating in freaking winter?!?!? Cause, seriously, I can't even get my sims to do it in autumn when it's supposed to happen. Plus, I can't actually direct them to give trick or treat and it doesn't show up on their queue or anything so it just destroys everything!!!
Old 25th Jul 2019, 1:54 PM #7908
HCAC
Theorist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafishfish

I've found Trick or Treating in Sims 3 to be a huge pain in the butt. It was borked in my various games so many times. I think ONCE it worked properly--the kids got the option to trick or treat in a family and they went to a neighbor's for candy. But it eventually got stuck and they all stood around.

I miss my beloved dog so much. RIP LUNA 12/17/18
Old 26th Jul 2019, 8:50 AM #7909
Elynda
Scholar

1 Achievements

What is it with trick-or-treaters and rocking chairs? If I have one in my house I get sims hanging around outside throwing tantrums because (as I presume from their thought bubbles) they want to use my rocking chair and can't. Look kid, I'll give you all the candy you like, but get your own frickin' rocking chair!

Simblr: Elyndaworld * Live Journal: Elandaer
Last edited by Elynda : 26th Jul 2019 at 9:32 AM.
Old 26th Jul 2019, 1:20 PM #7910
tunafishfish
Forum Resident

2 Achievements

Rocking chairs are such a magnet for sims! I have a trampoline in the yard that no one uses, but they are lining up for the freaking rocking chair!
Old 27th Jul 2019, 4:52 AM #7911
tunafishfish
Forum Resident

2 Achievements

Just whatever happened here:
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-934.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  611.4 KB  
Old 29th Jul 2019, 9:10 AM #7912
r_deNoube
Theorist

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
... and rocking chairs? ... I get sims hanging around...
I can't help wondering how a rocking chair, if you were to place one outdoors, would rank vis-*-vis a lawn sprinkler.

Ronnie de Noube - Comic and Blog; Sim National Laboratories and our Protein Folding Team.
@)->-----
Old 29th Jul 2019, 2:02 PM #7913
tunafishfish
Forum Resident

2 Achievements

I think it would rank below diving board, but above sprinkler? I made a pool with a splash pad and a diving board and sims ignore the sprinklers in favor of the diving board. This is the first time I've ever had a child skill in the hidden athletics skill!
Old 12th Aug 2019, 4:12 AM #7914
AGuyCalledPi
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

When your game loads quick and runs perfectly for about 30 minutes, then gets stuck on a stutter and completely locks up. It's not even crashed or anything it just......it's not doing anything the full 60 times a second. I can kill it just fine but I don't want to, there's nothing inherently wrong with the process itself. I hate this fucking pile of garbage.

It's also not great that all Sim-to-Sim interactions look exactly the same. It's the same exaggerated arm-waving, gawking, mouth-gaping and nodding all the bleeding time. I can NOT make a believable scene out of this. I can't even get any footage out of this. I just spent 30+ minutes to get not even 2 minutes of footage, which is a pretty poor ratio, and I'll be surprised if I can get more than 6 seconds out of it in the edit.

EDIT: 3 seconds and 10 frames. Better than nothing!

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and join my dumb Discord server for more on that or if you like dead things, my Tumblr.)
Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 12th Aug 2019 at 5:52 PM.
Old 17th Aug 2019, 10:43 PM #7915
Mrmo
Scholar

I had a sim going to college for 2 weeks and I think there was not a single day whitout someone setting the dorm kitchen on fire! And my sim have to pay to replace the stuff! WHY??! The dorm belongs to the campus and if the insurance company pays (they always did) then it's up to the campus to replace the stuff.

Section jump: