Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 9803
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 16009 times.
Search this Thread
Old 20th Mar 2010, 1:24 PM DefaultTerrain Paint tutorial (not for CAW) #1
fluttereyes
Original Poster

Scholar

8 Achievements

I can make a terrain paint for CAW and use it no problem, but I can't seem to get them to show up in game for use in lots. I tried making a package file using S3OC to clone a terrain paint and S3PE to bring my new .dds in but it just doesn't work. I use renumber internally and didn't take it back into s3oc, should I have?

If someone knows of a tutorial for making terrain paints and leads me to it I could try to work out where I'm going wrong.

I really need the terrain I have in CAW to work in lots too. I know I can paint under lots and remove the terrain from the lot to show the terrain underneath but I'd rather have more flexibility.

Can anyone lead me to help please?
Old 26th Mar 2010, 10:11 PM #2
fluttereyes
Original Poster

Scholar

8 Achievements

forget this, I got an answer to it elsewhere
Old 27th Mar 2010, 4:03 AM #3
Pary
Instructor

Could you possibly link to where you got an answer please? I was looking for help in regards to this kind of thing too, and haven't been able to find anything so far.
Old 29th Mar 2010, 8:30 PM #4
Ghost sdoj
Site Helper

7 Achievements

View My Journal

If you don't have any objection to using the TSR workshop tool, it is quite intuitive to make terrain paint with it. Start a new project, go to build, select the terrain paint you want to clone and name your project, then Finish that part. Now you can edit the cloned terrain paint as long as you have a graphics program with DDS support.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Old 29th Mar 2010, 8:42 PM
Winterhart
This message has been deleted by whiterider. Reason: Off-topic
Old 30th Mar 2010, 3:02 AM #5
Pary
Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
If you don't have any objection to using the TSR workshop tool, it is quite intuitive to make terrain paint with it. Start a new project, go to build, select the terrain paint you want to clone and name your project, then Finish that part. Now you can edit the cloned terrain paint as long as you have a graphics program with DDS support.

Thank you. I wasn't really wanting to use TSR workshop, but I'm sure in the end I'll be desperate enough to have to

All I was really looking to do was convert some of CAW's terrain paint textures, into paints usable in game itself.
If anyone ever finds a link to a tutorial for it, or knows how to do it, I'd appreciate a heads-up. Thanks for the help & info you guys
Last edited by Delphy : 3rd Apr 2010 at 7:57 PM. Reason: Quote removed
Old 1st Apr 2010, 11:36 PM
fluttereyes
This message has been deleted by whiterider. Reason: Off-topic
Old 1st Apr 2010, 11:44 PM #6
fluttereyes
Original Poster

Scholar

8 Achievements

For those of you who want help with this here is the link

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/s...ad.php?t=381262
Old 25th Oct 2012, 7:49 PM #7
TrustMeImALiar
Test Subject

It's says it is a 404 error meaning the topic no longer exists Is there another link for help?

Section jump: