Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3474
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 8433 (Who?), Viewed: 747961 times.
Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2019, 6:24 PM #8426
Emmett Brown
Scholar

Why is there a full moon in Lunar Lakes?

Sims are better than us.
Old 21st May 2019, 11:07 PM #8427
Ghost sdoj
Site Helper

7 Achievements

View My Journal

Maybe the full mon in Lunar Lakes is actually a full Earth?

(My husband learned a long time ago not to ask rhetorical questions, because I tend to answer them...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Old Yesterday, 6:35 AM #8428
Mandelyn
Lab Assistant

Because other planets have moons also. As it is a far away alien planet it should have a different moon really, but there are mods that did that.
Last edited by Mandelyn : Today at 7:06 AM.
Old Yesterday, 1:09 PM #8429
igazor
Mad Poster

As I understand it, in theory at least anyway, moons may also have submoons of their own.
Old Yesterday, 2:29 PM #8430
Fluse
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

Hello everyone (:
I know that small-animal-spawners work in homeworlds when I place them in CAW. In game those spawners will spawn the animals from the Pets Expansion. But will it also work for spawners from WA, LN and ITF when i place them in caw? Not only for bugs and butterflies , I mean all spawners, like gems and fishes and so on or are those items/animals only available in that Travel-World or Expansion-World (Oasis Landing)?
Old Yesterday, 2:43 PM #8431
Emmett Brown
Scholar

I found that the XML file for rocks metals and gems had a line for spawning minor pets...
<kSpawnableMinorPets value="">
<!--The minor pet types this spawner can spawn if the random chance to spawn a pet is successful.-->
</kSpawnableMinorPets>
In this case, it doesn't show the pets because I made a mod that deleted them. It's not that I don't like the Pets expansion, tho I don't. I was ignoring the fact that there were parrots sitting on the ground in the middle of nowhere all over my game. It's when I realized that if 3 pets were there that it was "full" and not going to spawn any more rocks, gems or metals. My sim has better things to do than to police the pets all over my world in his effort to complete his alchemy gem collection.

Sims are better than us.
Old Yesterday, 2:56 PM #8432
Fluse
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

@Emmett Brown
Thanks, that's good to know. That explains why it's sometimes hard to find rare gems.
mmh but does that mean, that all spawners you can place in CAW should work as intended in the homeworld? I know, if you place spawners from debug, they work - at least fishes, shells from IP, gems, bugs, even nanites, but other ITF-spawners seem not to work.
Old Yesterday, 3:33 PM #8433
tunafishfish
Instructor

2 Achievements

I decided to give dogs another try and made two retrievers and gave them the "likes to swim" trait. They live on an island and are constantly taking the water taxi! If I click on any of the water the only option is "drink," where can they swim? Is there a way to get dogs to swim in bodies of water?
Old Yesterday, 9:42 PM #8434
SusannaG
Top Secret Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
Why is there a full moon in Lunar Lakes?

"That's no moon!"

I mean, EA does have the Star Wars license.

Section jump: