Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Which differeces do you want about Sim Birth?
Birth at hospitals
205 27.97%
Longer Labour
74 10.10%
Birth was in different ways (i.e Squatting, lying down..)
138 18.83%
You could give birth on bed or sofa
154 21.01%
All of above
502 68.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 733. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:59 PM
OK MOdding being done I will test I think It was that they had a Innit file (don't ask me what that is) for fire and police, but not for medical (what maxis called it)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 5:01 PM
ok thanks:D
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 5:04 PM
This is kool i think i will try it out
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 5:48 PM
Tried it. Brandi Broke had a beautiful bouncing baby boy... in the middle of her kitchen.
I deleted the hack, and put everything in my game back to normal.
Sorry simmygurl.

Asia
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 12:06 AM
simmygurl, what are you trying to make? If this is supposed to be a hack it should have the Maxis group numbers, not FFFFFFFF, or it will not replace anything. Besides there are other Maxis BHAVs for ambulance calling... I posted some information on the subject here.
Test Subject
#31 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 3:28 AM
I think the women should give birth on beds or soafas if theres not a hospitle
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dukasha
simmygurl, what are you trying to make? If this is supposed to be a hack it should have the Maxis group numbers, not FFFFFFFF, or it will not replace anything. Besides there are other Maxis BHAVs for ambulance calling... I posted some information on the subject here.

S/He has a point, right now it's just making a clone of those functions, and not replacing the ones in game. You may want to adjust the group to replace in game defaults now while you're still testing as doing so may create additional bugs.

As for the .bak file you included, this is created by SimPE every time you save over an existing file so that if you totally screw something up you can open a backup to start from where you were last. This file is mostly for the benefit of whoever created the file to begin with, and not people who would download to use. As right now it is extra file size to be downloaded, and will likely confuse most people.
Test Subject
#33 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 6:55 AM
But how the functions are supposed to be tested without replacing the defaults?
Test Subject
#34 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 8:05 AM
does NEone no a cheat or hack 2 get more than 1 sim baby?? Im getn bored with just 1!!!
Test Subject
#35 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 10:36 AM
that would be soooooo cool to have a different kind of birth. I am going to try it and i will tell u if it has worked for me
Scholar
#36 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemmigirl568
does NEone no a cheat or hack 2 get more than 1 sim baby?? Im getn bored with just 1!!!

try searching the downloads sections gemmigirl
this thread is about a different thing altogether

simmygirl..is this ready to download? i'm a bit confused
i am willing to test it but not that interested in hospital births as i am a midwife and like to see home births promoted, even if its only in a pc game
though i do work in a hospital i don't have much choice in that
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 8:37 PM
Dukasha im sorry it doesnt work i have no idea how 2 do that i realised it was overwriting and well I was trying to fix it but I don't know how, I asked for help! Gemmigirl there are hacks for quadtriplets ect im starting to go skewl again so ill have to work on t later. Dukasha can you please help me on this please its just me with the testers. I'm a beginner and I said it might not work soplease excuse me. I feel bad now.. it was still a try. Maybe if someone helps me? I'll replace that guide and then I'll need help LOL I am pathetic thanks a lot dukasha for enlighting me on that one. I PM'ed many hackers I knew asking for help.. but no reply. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! I'll keep the download up incase someone wants to work on it. I'll re-upload it in the downloads secxtion under (simmygurl/your name) and links to your site or whatever and very special thanks ince I havent really done anything yet. And here I was getting people's hopes high..
Test Subject
#38 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 10:39 PM
simmygurl, first couldn't you stop shouting and talking so fast, please? It's a bit difficult for a foreigner to follow you. :D
Well, I see, you are a beginner. I'm not a great hacker also. I see, you are very excited about the idea of the birth changing… But still there are things, which are necessary for you to understand.
Do you realize, that it is not easy to make such a hack? What are you really expecting to get? A telephone option? Well, maybe, you''ll make it appear, it shouldn't be very difficult. What else? There are no doctors, no ambulance, no BHAVs, which control the behavior of that non-existing doctor or the sims, going to the hospital. Do you think, all this can appear automatically? It's a big hard work and I'm not surprised that nobody wants to help you. It's not something that can be done in five minutes.
Nevertheless several useful things for a beginning hacker. :D
Always try to figure out first what BHAVs and other resources do you exactly need to change. Your file contains BHAVs for the police and fire and missing sims… Why? What are you going to do with them? Don't use the FFFFFFFF group number for the hacks. The hacks are supposed to replace the Maxis files, so they should have Maxis group numbers. FFFFFFFF is for the hacked objects and plugins. Study Maxis code to make your own. It's the way to understand how the game works. Use disaSim2 to see BHAVs in detail, you can find it in the TOOLS section. And always test, test, test. Of course, there are people ready to help you with testing, but first of all you should test yourself. Use the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true cheat while testing, it helps you to find and correct your mistakes…
#39 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 2:40 AM
oohhh i really want this i hope you can make this work
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 6:48 AM
I want it too! The Ambulance itself is already in the game and used as a carpool for the medical career. The going to the hospital to give birth shouldn't be too different from the secret society abduction.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 6:55 AM Last edited by SimmySimSim : 8th Sep 2005 at 7:00 AM.
I really want the ambulance without access to special event camera because of my video card im tired of the same old sim birth....

EDIT: Come to think of it if you look at the sim broadcasting network while your sims are watching tv. You will see people at a hospital, alot of nurses, doctors, and a room full of babies. This had to be the original hospital idea because that was WAY..... more than 8 people... then again maxis could do what they wanna do I just posted that to see if it would help. Best to use a big Television to view it in the game.
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 9:43 AM
Yes, I saw that, but I don't think it is something Maxis was going to make in the game... It's just for fun, though maybe it's possible to make something like that... Inge Jones made a hospital for the Sims 1, maybe she'll make it for the Sims 2 also... But that's a big job.
#43 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 3:43 AM
I really like the ideas above, sorry i can't help! I really cant make anything of my own for the game I can't get my control manager to work *tear* (BTW is you can help me with that PLEASE DO!!!)
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#44 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 4:40 AM
Simmygurl, only completed items can be go into the Downloads section. Since you obviously need more help on getting this to work, I've moved your thread to General Modding.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 1:48 PM
muchas gracias por favor
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 5:28 PM
Daysies thankyou Dukasha I wasn't shouting I just thought you were angry at me. Thanks I'll be reading your post in a minuite. giggy6004 erm.. it is not completed it messed up your game will delete attachement I can not work on this constantly I have homewrok and school and I have limited time on here..
Test Subject
#47 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anelca
simmygirl..is this ready to download? i'm a bit confused
i am willing to test it but not that interested in hospital births as i am a midwife and like to see home births promoted, even if its only in a pc game
though i do work in a hospital i don't have much choice in that

i agree, i like that sims have home births... i mean it might be neat to have it in a hospital biut then you have added time and stuff of being in a community lot and as far as i know sims won't take their babies in a vehicle, they just set them down... so i prefer the home births! although maybe giving birth on a bed, sofa, or in a hot tub or bathtub would be cool!!
Test Subject
#48 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 12:01 AM
Maybe there could be an option? A little window popping up asking if your sim should have a home birth or a hospital birth? One option could trigger the ambulance. And for home births you could select where they could give birth by clicking on say, the bed, the couch, or the tub and going into a pie menu?

Just an idea.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#49 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 12:22 AM
Or maybe a midwife or doctor could go to the house to deliver the baby.
Inventor
#50 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 12:25 AM
Simmygurl, this is a very complex subject. There has to be a reason for it to have been abandoned by Maxis. It can be used, though. It would be a compley (say 2-3MB) mod. I would leave it to the people like JWoods and J.M. Pescado and Numenor. Try a simpler thing first.
Locked thread | Locked by: CynicalChick Reason: Progress ceased a long time ago
Page 2 of 4